It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just finished Witcher, again...hard drive crashed and I needed to run through it again so I can run through the Witcher 2 again before getting Witcher 3 next year.
Splinter Cell.Finished it 10 years ago and now again.Forgot how great this game is
Slaughtering Grounds. Well, if this game can be finished in any way, I did it. Played through all three levels (after finishing the third level you are transported back to the first level and it loops forever... or as long as your eyes and ears start to bleed... or quit :)), seen all guns and characters, even entered multiplayer map (one of three levels mentioned above) but nobody was there :)
Rexzilla

A neat little platformer that's very simple and gets really hard.

One thing I wish I knew is how the "collect gumballs to unlock the level exit" mechanic can bite you in the ass. The number of gumballs collected & required is cumulative, and you can skip some gumballs in a level and still finish it - until it catches up to you. As you progress through the game, you need to collect more and more gumballs in every level, and if you skipped too many early on, you could get to a point where you have to start collecting every gumball in the later levels. Which is a point you do not want to reach, as the later levels are quite hard.

At one point I had 15 more gumballs than were needed for level exit, but by the last level the slack was down to 2. Had it been down to 1, I might've had to restart from the beginning to stand a chance of beating the game.

Anyway, if this sounds like your cup of tea, check this game out in the groupees.com/shinyloot9 bundle. I admit I only downloaded and started playing this game to make sure that my $1 pre-order did not go to waste...
Attachments:
Game Dev Tycoon

Has its moments

I should have finished with this sentence but I won't be as nasty as the Game Dev Tycoon and I'll write something more meaningful than a lame sentence. Sadly, the game is disappointing. And kinda ironic that a game about designing games is terribly designed. Don't get me wrong, I was fully prepared for some arbitrary limitations (like which topic/genre/platform combos work best) and this part was fairly impressive. Number of topic is good. New consoles appearing on the market, designing your engines etc. were truly great. I do have a small issue with genres, they are too general and there are too few of them. I can assume that both FPS and platforming games are action but I would rather see them separately. But that's not a big deal. I don't mind that much illogical time-related accuracy. I don't think it was possible to make a rhythm game in late 80s and I can't imagine sounds effect being that important in any C64 game (and I was scolded for poor sounds several times). I can forgive all of this...

What's really terrible is that the game gives you next to none feedback... Right from the beginning you are left alone. Some features that you can choose (like level design, AI, gameplay, world design etc.) are only explained in help menu and those descriptions don't help much. What is a world design for race/action game? I don't know... but wait, it gets worse. You create your game using a common sense (for example Fantasy RPG game should have good story/quests, right?). Perhaps your game will get good reviews and sell good, perhaps not. Either way you won't have any idea why. 90% of game reviews are absolutely useless e.g. "meh", "beautiful" or aforementioned "has its moments". Some of them will tell you just a little bit like "focusing on x serves the game right", "X and Y combo is great", "they forgot about X while developing a game". You can also create a game report but it also gives you very little information and only as a probability...

I wouldn't mind playing the game several times to learn how the things work. That was actually what I expected. The problem is that with so little feedback it's almost impossible to learn anything. Just choose something and hope for the best. Eventually you'll win but it gave me no satisfaction... shame, I was expecting something better.

Full list
Shadows: Price for our sins.

Not great. HOG with EVERYTHING in the game being a simple and obvious puzzle. Glint gives away the hidden objects which, IMHO defeats the purpose of playing. Very little object finding as this one was about 90% point and click only the puzzles weere, "I wonder how I can saw through that wood" And a saw is lying next to it.
Blackbay Assylum.

Not a fan. It has some neat elements and some parts were well done. But overall it felt very bland and empty. The puzzles queued up at the end back to back to back and the final boss was annoying, even after finding out exactly what to do. The story was weak, the voicing was poor, some doors hidden by camera view... as a free game, I could say a lot of good things about it... but once you start charging for content, I rate it as a consumer, and this was not to my liking by most gaming standards.
Ghorpm: 90% of game reviews are absolutely useless e.g. "meh", "beautiful" or aforementioned "has its moments". Some of them will tell you just a little bit like "focusing on x serves the game right", "X and Y combo is great", "they forgot about X while developing a game". You can also create a game report but it also gives you very little information and only as a probability...
Sounds like Steam reviews, just missing the ubiquitous "tripped on a frog and died 10/10"
DProject: Eventually, I had to raid a home inhabited by some old farts, and when I had to brutally bludgeon them to death with a crowbar just that I could get their stuff, it truly felt heart-breaking. Another sad highlight was when I went to another house, also inhabited by some defenseless old folk, save for their son who guarded the house with his shotgun. When I ambushed the son from a dark corner and slashed his throat, I definitely didn't feel joy doing it. Especially when the mother would come cry over his dead son, pleading me to take whatever I wanted and leaving after that. War is hell.
Did the game force you to do these raids? Sounds like your character was to blame for these atrocities, not the war in general.
Post edited November 17, 2014 by kalirion

Someone in this thread recommended this game a long time ago (Austrobogulator?). I've been playing it sporadically since then. I finally got to 2048 today while I was on my lunch break today.

I've also been playing a lot of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth recently.

Full List
Finished the single player part of speed runners.

Playing the multiplayer.Brillant and very fun game.Very fast and lots of action.It's a race when you get out of the screen
that follows the first runner you are out.Very recomended.
monuments of mars (17th Nov 11:35pm)

the other two are better. The shooting a awful and the game is kind of easy but I am interested in thor
Driftmoon

Charming RPG.Not too long about 8-10 hours.Lovely plot,charecters and humor.Very recomended.
Nux

Why did I play this for the hour it took to beat? I dunno. There are three games in here - a virtical shmup, a sidescrolling platformer, and a "lander". None of the three are very good. Lander feels best, if you don't count its absurd difficulty. It's the main reason I had to switch to Easy difficulty, and start the game "anew" from each unlocked planet to start with max lives.

And, of course, as with Platypus 2, all sound comes out of only the right speaker/headphone.
DProject: Eventually, I had to raid a home inhabited by some old farts, and when I had to brutally bludgeon them to death with a crowbar just that I could get their stuff, it truly felt heart-breaking. Another sad highlight was when I went to another house, also inhabited by some defenseless old folk, save for their son who guarded the house with his shotgun. When I ambushed the son from a dark corner and slashed his throat, I definitely didn't feel joy doing it. Especially when the mother would come cry over his dead son, pleading me to take whatever I wanted and leaving after that. War is hell.
kalirion: Did the game force you to do these raids? Sounds like your character was to blame for these atrocities, not the war in general.
Well, it didn't "force" me to do them. The thing is, at that moment I was too scared to try any of the locations that might have armed individuals in them. The old people's home felt like a safe place to loot (regarding my health and well-being, not necessarily theirs), so I did. It was either that; taking a risk on a location with armed enemies, or doing nothing and starving. So yeah, technically it was the character to blame, but without the war there wouldn't have to be looting or scavenging in the first place. Just in case if you were wondering, if I blamed the game for making me do this: I don't, I absolutely don't. The only thing it forced me to do, was to make decisions, and I absolutely loved that. Some decisions are harder to make than others, and sometimes you gotta act on impulse, but yes of course it's up to the player in the end what choices he'll make.
Larva Mortus.

Not bad. Very short with some balancing issues, but overall it was fun enough to finish. Top down shooter with random dungeons.

The Steam achievements were a bit odd. All of them are 100% luck based. They are all to find artifacts that randomly may or may not spawn in random dungeons. Checking the global stats, it appears to be completely random in which ones drop in terms of frequency as well. I like that idea as much as I like the "play for 100 hours" achievements (in that I don't) :p

I would have liked some story polish and some direction in the side quests. I.E. Don't just litter the map with infinitely re-playable side quests... Give them meaning in terms of story, items, or achievements. I also couldn't tell that leveling made any difference. It seems the mobs leveled just enough so that the game played exactly the same no matter what level I was. So the "RPG" was light at best.

Still, with all its flaws, it was well worth the bundle price. With some effort from the devs it could be very good. Levels can be beaten in a matter of minutes. For now, it serves well as a quick game when you can't get into anything too deep.