It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
gvyop: it works
Zadalon: I just used it and it didn't work
I did it it t0o when I posted.
Attachments:
capture.jpg (52 Kb)
low rated
Zadalon: I just used it and it didn't work
gvyop: I did it it t0o when I posted.
The plot thickens. Did you actually redeem it via that code? It seems to show up as valid if you have previously owned the game.
gvyop: I did it it t0o when I posted.
DarthJDG: The plot thickens. Did you actually redeem it via that code? It seems to show up as valid if you have previously owned the game.
I just tried it with the 221B code and got this screen, but when I clicked "continue" it said the code no longer works.
Attachments:
123.png (47 Kb)
Like those MMXIII hysteria at the cyberpunk announcement, GOG redeem page often "works" with some certain combination of numbers and alphabet. It won't gave you free games out of nowhere however. It's an age old bug that like many other bug GOG don't fix.
DarthJDG: The plot thickens. Did you actually redeem it via that code? It seems to show up as valid if you have previously owned the game.
Tinnuval: I just tried it with the 221B code and got this screen, but when I clicked "continue" it said the code no longer works.
That doesn't mean anything. When you enter enigmatict for example, you'll get a list of hundreds of "free" games. None of them is really free.
DarthJDG: The plot thickens.
It's questionable as to whether it worked - as in actually redeemed the game - or not.

You can see some responses to GOG's tweet that make it seem as though it did for a brief window but it's unclear if people were just seeing the game pop up without actually having a redemption confirmation or not.
drxenija: SWEETTHANKS (GOG) - code for Artbook "Sherlock Holmes"

Credit to Catac1ysm
DarthJDG: Not sure if it was mentioned, but the other GOG code in the tweet 221B gives you Shadowrun Returns in case anyone missed it.
That's not a valid code.

If you look closely at the image on that tweet, there's a "Use the code" text with an easy-to-miss arrow that points towards the 'SWEETTHANKS' code.
low rated
Tinnuval: I just tried it with the 221B code and got this screen, but when I clicked "continue" it said the code no longer works.
ok. I already owned it when I tried.
That's the explanation code is valid but process is broken. ok.
PaterAlf: That doesn't mean anything. When you enter enigmatict for example, you'll get a list of hundreds of "free" games. None of them is really free.
ok but only specific words. If you try Buccaneers you got that :

Same with "bakerstr"
so strange things that "only specific words" bug. no ?
Attachments:
capture2.jpg (52 Kb)
low rated
DarthJDG: Not sure if it was mentioned, but the other GOG code in the tweet 221B gives you Shadowrun Returns in case anyone missed it.
Lazarus_03: That's not a valid code.

If you look closely at the image on that tweet, there's a "Use the code" text with an easy-to-miss arrow that points towards the 'SWEETTHANKS' code.
SWEETTHANKS worked though when we hit continue but not 221B, probably 221B is just a teaser
Post edited October 16, 2019 by drxenija
Lazarus_03: That's not a valid code.

drxenija: SWEETTHANKS worked though when we hit continue but not 221B, probably 221B is just a teaser
That's exactly my point; the "Use the code" arrow only points to 'SWEETTHANKS' — it's the only valid code on those two.
A Detective's Novel free @ indiegala

https://freebies.indiegala.com/a-detectives-novel/?dev_id=freebies
Lazarus_03: That's exactly my point; the "Use the code" arrow only points to 'SWEETTHANKS' — it's the only valid code on those two.
It wouldn't be the first giveaway in history when multiple codes are hidden in the picture despite expectations. Having a broken code on the picture is just shitty marketing, especially since it shows up as valid and never expires. It just promotes how buggy and slapped together GOG's infrastructure is through and through. But we should get back on topic.
Lazarus_03: That's exactly my point; the "Use the code" arrow only points to 'SWEETTHANKS' — it's the only valid code on those two.
DarthJDG: It wouldn't be the first giveaway in history when multiple codes are hidden in the picture despite expectations. Having a broken code on the picture is just shitty marketing, especially since it shows up as valid and never expires. It just promotes how buggy and slapped together GOG's infrastructure is through and through. But we should get back on topic.
What will this code unravel?
We'll give you a hint - something really cool
"this" not "these"
"code" not "codes"
Also the 'SWEETTHANKS' part of the image is edited; they just picked an image and slapped the code there.

Btw, I dislike how they went about this too, as it causes confusion.

And yeah, we're off topic — so last one from me.
>observer_ and Alan Wake's American Nightmare are free on Epic Store.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/alan-wake-american-nightmare/home
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/observer/home

Q.U.B.E.2 and Layers of Fear will be the new freebies on October 24.
Post edited October 17, 2019 by drxenija