It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
Well... don't look a gift horse in the mouth! it's free

Let's Draw, gleam

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/575490/
nicohvc: Well... don't look a gift horse in the mouth! it's free

Let's Draw, gleam

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/575490/
Well... How does it pay for I install that (trojan?)horse on my PC ?
Speed Kills is the current giveaway on IndieGala.

Mixed reviews but it's free and it's got cards.
Game Giveaway of the day — Scepter of Ra

" Exclusive offer from Giveaway of the Day and MyPlayCity! No third-party advertising and browser add-ons!

Puzzle your way through 150 perplexing levels in Ancient Egypt! In Scepter of Ra the aim is simple: fill the board by pushing the stones onto the playing field. As soon as a group of three or more stones of the same color are linked together you score points. Take on the challenge of the pharaohs and connect the hieroglyphic stones to reveal the amazing Golden Pyramid!

3 unique game modes;
150 game levels;
Fantastic bonuses.
"
Game Giveaway of the day — Turtix 2: Rescue Adventures

" Exclusive offer from Giveaway of the Day and MyPlayCity! No third-party advertising and browser add-ons!

Help a heroic turtle navigate three gorgeous game worlds dripping with detail. Block the bad guys on their mission to capture toddler turtles in this side-scrolling Arcade game. Use your brain to eliminate traps and obstacles while crushing dozens of enemies with crates. Navigate 60 wondrous worlds with loads of puzzles while collecting bonuses and power-ups. Can you recover the baby turtles in Turtix 2 Rescue Adventure?

Tons of puzzles;
Worlds to conquer;
Rescue young turtles!
"
gixgox: Game Giveaway of the day — Turtix 2: Rescue Adventures

Help a heroic turtle navigate three gorgeous game worlds dripping with detail. Block the bad guys on their mission to capture toddler turtles in this side-scrolling Arcade game. Use your brain to eliminate traps and obstacles while crushing dozens of enemies with crates. Navigate 60 wondrous worlds with loads of puzzles while collecting bonuses and power-ups. Can you recover the baby turtles in Turtix 2 Rescue Adventure?

Tons of puzzles;
Worlds to conquer;
Rescue young turtles!
"
How do those work? I tried snagging the Scepter game yesterday and it looks like you need a client to play them.
Sorry, I never downloaded anything from MyPlayCity, but as far as I know there is no client. for their games.
You just have to take care that you don't catch any ads during installation, but it seems that the GGOTD versions don't have those add-ons. But you are redirected to the MPC homepage, when you close the game.

Did you get any error message?

gixgox: Game Giveaway of the day — Turtix 2: Rescue Adventures

Tons of puzzles;
Worlds to conquer;
Rescue young turtles!
"
tinyE: How do those work? I tried snagging the Scepter game yesterday and it looks like you need a client to play them.
Post edited February 26, 2017 by gixgox
I just tried using the actual GGOTD. You can use a download manager, get a download link after sharing it on facvebook or you can ask them to send you a download link via e-mail. However after having downloaded the software you n fact have to install another software. See attachment:

The so called "Software Informer" even only has one button "Install" - no close button and before installing the setup file connects via internet to see if the offer ist still active. Imo a bit too much of DRM and I would not recommend it.
Attachments:
ggotd.jpg (231 Kb)
ggotd2.jpg (236 Kb)
Post edited February 26, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: I just tried using the actual GGOTD. You can use a download manager, get a download link after sharing it on facvebook or you can ask them to send you a download link via e-mail. However after having downloaded the software you n fact have to install another software. See attachment:

The so called "Software Informer" even only has one button "Install" - no close button and before installing the setup file connects via internet to see if the offer ist still active. Imo a bit too much of DRM and I would not recommend it.
That's what I hit.

Gonna have to pass.
Oh, you were referring to that Software Informer.

No, you don't need to install Software Informer. Just close the window.

But many users have problems to install the the game, because their AV is blocking the GCD file. You have to disable your AV software for the installation, or whitelist the file.

Though I have followed GOTD since their beginning, and never found any virus or something like that, I stopped using their giveaways since they added the Themida wrapper.
I'm not going to disable my security software for a free game or software.

In case you have nothing better to do, you could read the Game FAQ.

MarkoH01: I just tried using the actual GGOTD. You can use a download manager, get a download link after sharing it on facvebook or you can ask them to send you a download link via e-mail. However after having downloaded the software you n fact have to install another software. See attachment:

tinyE: That's what I hit.

Gonna have to pass.
gixgox: Oh, you were referring to that Software Informer.

If you are referring to the window with the many checkboxes in it - I did and nothing happened afterwards. Only my browser was called and opened up the feedback site. I will try it again to install the software without installing the Informer Software.
That window is something like a click-bait. You don't need to install the informer. But you will always be redirected to the GGOTD homepage - as a confirmation that your game is activated. Just activated - not installed.
Just click CLOSE.

gixgox: Oh, you were referring to that Software Informer.

MarkoH01: If you are referring to the window with the many checkboxes in it - I did and nothing happened afterwards. Only my browser was called and opened up the feedback site. I will try it again to install the software without installing the Informer Software.
gixgox: That window is something like a click-bait. You don't need to install the informer. But you will always be redirected to the GGOTD homepage - as a confirmation that your game is activated. Just activated - not installed.
Just click CLOSE.
O.K. - now it says me that it is activated and opens the feedback page but how should I start the game? Clicking setup again just opens the window again.
gixgox: That window is something like a click-bait. You don't need to install the informer. But you will always be redirected to the GGOTD homepage - as a confirmation that your game is activated. Just activated - not installed.
Just click CLOSE.
MarkoH01: O.K. - now it says me that it is activated and opens the feedback page but how should I start the game? Clicking setup again just opens the window again.
Read the read me file.
You have to extract the zip file into its own folder somewhere - all 3 files have to be in the same folder: readme, setup.exe, and the GCD file.
Just click the setup.exe - don't touch the GCD.
In case you get the message that the file is corrupted, you have to disable your AV programme during installation. Most AV programmes don't like the GCD file.
Just click CLOSE.
MarkoH01: O.K. - now it says me that it is activated and opens the feedback page but how should I start the game? Clicking setup again just opens the window again.
gixgox: Read the read me file.
You have to extract the zip file into its own folder somewhere - all 3 files have to be in the same folder: readme, setup.exe, and the GCD file.
Just click the setup.exe - don't touch the GCD.
In case you get the message that the file is corrupted, you have to disable your AV programme during installation. Most AV programmes don't like the GCD file.
gixgox:
You don't seem to understand what I did. I already extracted all three files. I needed to do this to run the setup in the first place. The setup then automatically connects to their server and then I get the window with the many checkboxes which let me install the Informer Software or leads me to their website in case I simply close the window. So no, reading the readme (which I alreday did before) does not help me a bit. I have a setup.exe which just leads me to their site or to the Informer Software.

Edit: O.K. - I give up. Even after installing this Software Informer there is no way ti install this thing. Clicking on Install in the Software Informer also leads me to my download directory where i can start setup.exe which opens the window which after closing will eventually lead me to the feedback site ...

Edit2: According to their FAQ the Informer is really optional:
"Software Informer is application provided by our partner Informer Technologies, Inc. Though the installation of the application is integrated into the package you download, the installation itself is optional. Software informer can easily be uninstalled at any time via Control Panel."

However I still don't know how to install those files and I tried everything I could think of.
Post edited February 26, 2017 by MarkoH01