It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Balthier: I saw UP! yesterday. I've been waiting for it a for a looong time, and it was a blast!! I LOVED IT!
It's no my favorite Pixar movie yet (Wall-E takes the throne) but it's much funnier and moving that I thought.
The first 10 minutes or so are amazing, and all the main characters are hilarious. I want a Keven and a Dug for myself.

Thanks for reminding me to go see it, I've almost forget about it.
Talking about Pixar, have you seen the hilarious Toy Story 3 teaser trailer?
Aatami: Saw Outlander a few days ago. It was alright, nothing special though.

I think Karl Urban did a good job in that role. Underrated in my opinion, though I know what you mean. I really liked the Vikings, they were so greasy and brutal.
Recently watched "Good Night, and Good Luck".
About McCarthy era, involving CBS and suchlike.
Was very good actually.
Watched a great French movie called Le Trou. Or The Hole, for you ignorant English-speaking folk. It's basically about a true (!) prison escape attempt set in the 40s/50s, which was foiled at the end. Very interesting, and to me it's a foreign language classic.
If you like westerns or just genuinely awesome movies, watch The Good The Bad The Weird. It's waay to good for people not to see it!
I just watched The Descent. If you like horror, but are bored of the mainstream stuff that Hollywood keeps pumping out, I highly recommend this British addition to the genre.
The pacing of the movie is a little odd in the beginning, but don't be fooled. It picks up wonderfully as it moves along. The sets and the lighting are masterfully done, and it's actually refreshing to watch a movie where you've never seen any of the actors before (well, I hadn't).
Wishbone: I just watched The Descent. If you like horror, but are bored of the mainstream stuff that Hollywood keeps pumping out, I highly recommend this British addition to the genre.
The pacing of the movie is a little odd in the beginning, but don't be fooled. It picks up wonderfully as it moves along. The sets and the lighting are masterfully done, and it's actually refreshing to watch a movie where you've never seen any of the actors before (well, I hadn't).

The director (Neil Marshall) used to live near me, but he's a lot richer and more famous now, and has long since moved away! I never got to meet him, but my Mum actually met him and some of the actors from the descent.
I'd recommend Dog Soldiers and Doomsday (two of his other films), both are quite good.
There's also a sequel to The Descent in the works, according to IMDB.
You may also want to check out "Creep", which I saw a while back, but reminded me of the descent (though based in the London Underground).
Andy_Panthro: I'd recommend Dog Soldiers and Doomsday (two of his other films), both are quite good.

I actually have Doomsday on DVD as well. I must admit, I didn't really like it. It had a few really cool moments, but I've never felt inclined to watch it again.
Andy_Panthro: There's also a sequel to The Descent in the works, according to IMDB.

I know, I went to IMDB to check as soon as the movie was over ;-) My girlfriend and I have already agreed that we should go and see it. It should open in Denmark on December 4th :-)
Watched Dead Snow last night. Pretty cool. I felt that there was something missing, though. I can't quite put my finger on what it is though.
Wishbone: I know, I went to IMDB to check as soon as the movie was over ;-) My girlfriend and I have already agreed that we should go and see it. It should open in Denmark on December 4th :-)

Impressive, I didn't like the descent well enough to watch the sequel at the cinema (I'll wait for the DVD rental), but I admire your planning ahead there!
My linking for Doomsday is mainly due to Malcolm McDowell, Rhona Mitra and of course Bob Hoskins. It has some very silly moments which do threaten to spoil it, and it perhaps isn't as good as other films of its type. I found it fun though.
my personal favorite movie is The Last Samurai. but as far as movies out in theaters right now, dont go see Jennifer's Body or Whiteout IMO they were both terrible. I'm sick of mediocore horror flicks. District 9 was a bit slow at first but pretty epic, 9(Tim Burton) was also good. If Zombieland is out where you are i'd go see it ASAP, its hilarious.
Watched the Original Japanese version of 'The Grudge' last week - dubbed quite well into English as well.
Extremely creepy film - I've seen a fair few horror movies and not many gave me the shivers like this one did. Out of curiosity watched the American version a few days later - still good, but not a patch on the original
If you dont have a problem with dubbed movies, or are happy with subtitles, go see. highly recommended
anjohl: The Dark Knight is the most over-rated warmed up sack of shit ever put on celluloid. The *only* reason, and I mean the *only* reason why people liked it is because Ledger died before it came out. They had a good marketing team too, convincing everyone that the "Why so serious?" shirt was the hottest thing since Vaginas.
Heath Ledger did *not* play the joker in that film, he played Osama Bin Laden.

You're full of it. I'm not going to say that it's the best movie ever, but it's certainly not a sack of shit. I wouldn't expect this from a film critic. I thought the joker's musings on how cheap true villainy is were great, and his well-constructed crimes were certainly of higher quality than ordinary terrorism. I don't think that you thought that comment through, so I'm not going to harp on it, but you are providing an image nothing short of simply disliking a popular movie because it's popular. Evaluate it for yourself. And who gives a crap about the marketing? It doesn't matter.
anjohl: Best comic movies for me, in order, are:
1) History of Violence
2) Iron Man
3) X-Men III
4) V for Vendetta
5) Fantastic Fou: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Oldboy fucking RULES! The other two in the "vengeance trilogy" did virtually nothing for me though.

I totally agree with you about the Vengeance trilogy. Really, nothing more to be said. However, did you really like those comic movies that much? I don't think V for Vendetta is all that, but I do think it's better than the top three. History of Violence was really terrible when contrasted with the comic, and that added sex was a complete and rather graphic waste of time. Iron Man had a nice setup, but I don't think there was anything special about the rest of the movie. It was pretty generic and the villain was a total bore. I guess I'd have to re-watch X-Men III to re-evaluate my opinion on that one.
Maybe I'm just a fool, but I thought that Spider-Man 2 was a damn good comic movie. Sure, you could trim a lot off of it, but flinging sacks of gold coins as weapons was neat, and that train battle is what I think a comic movie's fighting should feel like. I also thought that the villain was rather well done as a whole. Although, Harvey Dent's setup was well done - one of the better villain setups in a movie. He was lacking as a true villain, though.
Post edited October 05, 2009 by PhoenixWright
anjohl: The Dark Knight is the most over-rated warmed up sack of shit ever put on celluloid. The *only* reason, and I mean the *only* reason why people liked it is because Ledger died before it came out. They had a good marketing team too, convincing everyone that the "Why so serious?" shirt was the hottest thing since Vaginas.
Heath Ledger did *not* play the joker in that film, he played Osama Bin Laden.
PhoenixWright: You're full of it. I'm not going to say that it's the best movie ever, but it's certainly not a sack of shit. I wouldn't expect this from a film critic. I thought the joker's musings on how cheap true villainy is were great, and his well-constructed crimes were certainly of higher quality than ordinary terrorism. I don't think that you thought that comment through, so I'm not going to harp on it, but you are providing an image nothing short of simply disliking a popular movie because it's popular. Evaluate it for yourself. And who gives a crap about the marketing? It doesn't matter.
anjohl: Best comic movies for me, in order, are:
1) History of Violence
2) Iron Man
3) X-Men III
4) V for Vendetta
5) Fantastic Fou: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Oldboy fucking RULES! The other two in the "vengeance trilogy" did virtually nothing for me though.

History of Violence was really terrible when contrasted with the comic, and that added sex was a complete and rather graphic waste of time. Iron Man had a nice setup, but I don't think there was anything special about the rest of the movie. It was pretty generic and the villain was a total bore. I guess I'd have to re-watch X-Men III to re-evaluate my opinion on that one.

No, it really is a bad film. Terrible pacing, complete reliance on CGI, and absolutely atrocious acting all around. Again, had Heath NOT died while making it, I daresay it would be the LAST Nolan film, because it would have done terrrible. "Why so serious?" just became a meme, and the film did well because of it. Look at the price plummeting for the DVD...hardly befitting a movie of apparently such high stature. BTW, how many times have you watched the film?
Wait, you call the sex scene on the stairway "added sex"? Wow. I really have no way to respond to that, since your lack of appreciation for that scene pretty much nullifies any potential conversation we could have.
About Spiderman 2, it had potential, but having Spidey go around pretty much ripping his mask off every ten minutes pretty much killed it for me.
Post edited October 05, 2009 by anjohl
I've just watched:
U-Turn
FREAKING amazing movie, hilarious and fucked up at the same time. A must see.
Good Will Hunting
Really well done.
Little Miss Sunshine
FINALLY America did a movie like this! Highly recommend.
Mr & Mrs Smith
So so. It was a fun watch but I wouldn't buy the DVD or watch it again. Very verrrry hollywood.