It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
chenopod: So, Australian law requires cash refunds for all products for unlimited amounts of time regardless of the terms you agree to when you purchase? You can buy a game, play it for two years, and then return it for a cash refund and the company is required by law to honor the refund?
--I should move to Australia. That is cool.
Flammablezeus: If it's not as advertised, yeah. I haven't been playing the game for two years though. I played it a bit at launch and after seeing how much was missing I decided to be patient and give Hello Games the benefit of the doubt and a chance to fix their game.
What did gog, or even Hello Games, advertise, when you purchased the game, that is is not true today?
Flammablezeus: If it's not as advertised, yeah. I haven't been playing the game for two years though. I played it a bit at launch and after seeing how much was missing I decided to be patient and give Hello Games the benefit of the doubt and a chance to fix their game.
chenopod: What did gog, or even Hello Games, advertise, when you purchased the game, that is is not true today?
Multiplayer. Before launch, before Atlas Rises and before the NEXT update. GoG version still doesn't have any of that.
chenopod: What did gog, or even Hello Games, advertise, when you purchased the game, that is is not true today?
Flammablezeus: Multiplayer. Before launch, before Atlas Rises and before the NEXT update. GoG version still doesn't have any of that.
OK.

I didn't buy it when it came out, because I understood exactly what the game was, and knew it wasn't for me at the time.

I will agree that you are correct, gog is violating Australian law by not giving you a cash refund because two years after you purchased the game you have to wait for an update that will give you what you thought the game contained the day you bought it.
Flammablezeus: Multiplayer. Before launch, before Atlas Rises and before the NEXT update. GoG version still doesn't have any of that.
chenopod: OK.

I didn't buy it when it came out, because I understood exactly what the game was, and knew it wasn't for me at the time.

I will agree that you are correct, gog is violating Australian law by not giving you a cash refund because two years after you purchased the game you have to wait for an update that will give you what you thought the game contained the day you bought it.
I admit, my good nature got the better of me, but I don't mind that. I'd rather not automatically assume the worst of everybody as soon as something goes wrong. However, everybody reaches a breaking point some time. I initially blamed Sony for forcing Hello Games to release by a certain time. And keep in mind that GoG users never got the Atlas Rises multiplayer, so I have no reason to expect that they'll follow through with the NEXT multiplayer either. I'd rather not chance it anymore, my patience has run out.
chenopod: OK.

Flammablezeus: I admit, my good nature got the better of me, but I don't mind that. I'd rather not automatically assume the worst of everybody as soon as something goes wrong. However, everybody reaches a breaking point some time. I initially blamed Sony for forcing Hello Games to release by a certain time. And keep in mind that GoG users never got the Atlas Rises multiplayer, so I have no reason to expect that they'll follow through with the NEXT multiplayer either. I'd rather not chance it anymore, my patience has run out.
I know the feeling of having patience run out. I hope you get everything you deserve.
I didn't know about this issue. I'm glad I didn't buy it.
paukku: Could you guys tell us if there's going to crossplay with Steam? If nobody at GOG knows then you could ask HelloGames about that? Pretty sure they should be able to answer that much.

Also what's the DRM status in this game exactly because as far I can see, the game isn't DRM-free since online features require GOG Galaxy whilst logged into an account that owns No Man's Sky. I don't know what you guys call that but I would call that DRM-freeless. And does the multiplayer portion going to require GOG Galaxy connected to an account with the game purcahsed?

It's nice of you to offe a refund but I'm telling you right now that there's almost certainly going to be another shit storm once multiplayer is implemented but people find out that it's not going to be DRM-free.

So as it stands I'm considering getting a refund not just for the delay but for the fact that the game isn't DRM-free.
User authentication, game validation and GOG Galaxy integration does not at all equal DRM. DRM is designed to restrict the use/manipulation of the game itself and does in no way dictate how that game communicates outside of it's installed system. The game will 100% function without GOG Galaxy, just because you cannot connect online because you are not runnng the assisting/intermediary app (GOG Galaxy) does not mean there is DRM.

The situation is no different with Steam, except, there actually is DRM.

The only games that operate any differently are games that support peer to peer with no intermediary match making system, have offline LAN functionality or include a dedicated server. All other games with some kind of connectivity require an intermediary to facilitate connections and an authentication mechanism to, as a minimum, ensure everybody is unique. Unless they include a peer to peer option or a dedicated server, this will always be the case ... for any game.
Why the hell do people believe the scam artists at Hello Games at this point?
That's more like the good old gog! Nicely done!

Would +1 OP if I could.
Well done GOG, I'm very impressed.

I'm not sure how much of the delay relates to unfinished features in the GOG Galaxy client but I'm quietly optimistic that this will pave the way for future games to integrate easily ... and allow Steam crossplay ... please :D
Thank you GoG for your generous offer, many kudos for you all.
nocatix: Still waiting for my refund...
Firek: I just replied to your ticket - please reply to confirm, and I'll get those refund cogs grinding in a jiffy. :)

Also, more generally - it's 8PM over here, so our capacity to respond to all requests is somewhat diminished. :) We'll do our best, but some of you may get your responses first thing tomorrow. Thank you for your patience. :)
This is gonna be interesting. Reopened my weird request from last year.
There's a big difference between the manufacturer and the retailer, the manufacturer's description and packaging and the retailer's advertising.

If you bought a toaster, you're blaming the retailer for the shade of brown on your toast being a slightly different shade than the one on the box. Actually it's more vague than that, because multiplayer was never actually a documented and advertised feature, before or after release. Although stated in interviews, Sean Murray never entered into a verbal agreement with you to provide it.

Two years after you purchased your toaster, GOG has looked at your toast and the toast on the box and has said "Hey, because we can, how about store credit?".

I'm Australian and I can nearly 99% guarantee that there is no law that will enforce the refund of this game two years after purchase with no justifiable reason other than pre-release hype. Just as they won't enforce the refund of my toaster when I was sincerely expecting an update that would enable it to butter my toast for me.

Flammablezeus: I admit, my good nature got the better of me, but I don't mind that. I'd rather not automatically assume the worst of everybody as soon as something goes wrong. However, everybody reaches a breaking point some time. I initially blamed Sony for forcing Hello Games to release by a certain time. And keep in mind that GoG users never got the Atlas Rises multiplayer, so I have no reason to expect that they'll follow through with the NEXT multiplayer either. I'd rather not chance it anymore, my patience has run out.
chenopod: I know the feeling of having patience run out. I hope you get everything you deserve.
@chenopod LOL! ;)
Post edited July 26, 2018 by roguetr
I've only ever seen bad clickbait surrounding this game... so let's just abandon No Man's Sky already and focus on better products...
MAjestyOfOmneQ: I've only ever seen bad clickbait surrounding this game... so let's just abandon No Man's Sky already and focus on better products...
But this is a thread for NMS for people that own NMS ... How do we stop you from clicking on a support thread for a product you have no interest in???

All I can suggest is will power. If I managed to quite smoking, you can definitely not click where you don't want to go!