It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Three pillars of Electronic Arts now DRM-free

No matter your personal take on the gaming giant – the many people, teams, and studios behind Electronic Arts brought us some of the most unforgettable experiences, marvelous worlds, and exceptional titles in gaming.
Each of today's three classic releases from Electronic Arts represents a pillar of game design: exceptional world building, mastery in storytelling, an admirable understanding of the balance between scope and focus. Straight from the EA Games vault, making their DRM-free debut on GOG.com, are:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition — the birth of a universe. A complex, extensive universe of raw fantasy and imperfection which spawned countless works reaching far beyond gaming - from graphic novels and novelizations through tabletop games and more. The Dragon Age universe is among the most ambitious fantasy settings ever created, and if you'd like to get more acquainted with the universe, turn up the fantastic soundtrack and take a look at the comprehensive guide to Dragon Age by Kotaku.

Dead Space is a glance at a gritty, hard sci-fi world in a state of irreversible disrepair. This is a game where the horrors lurking around the corner are just as disturbing as ghosts of the past. The glimpses are few, but they meticulously paint a vivid world of dark, scientific wonders and despair – a world you barely know, but a world nonetheless worth saving. A world you will remember. Check out the animated comic prologue available here, as well as the OST on Spotify.

SimCity 3000™ Unlimited is more than the sum of its parts. It's neither the biggest nor the most elaborate in the series, but it's success lies in balancing complexity and accessibility to deliver truly exceptional and welcoming gameplay. It doesn't hurt that you'll spend countless hours listening to a wonderfully jazzy soundtrack (also on Spotify!). Whether you succeed or stumble, one thing is certain: your stay in SimCity 3000 will be… nice.

Experience three pillars of game design by Electronic Arts – the marvelous worlds, unforgettable storytelling, exceptional gameplay – <span class="bold">Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition</span>, <span class="bold">Dead Space</span>, and <span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span> are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Konrad
Wonderful day, thanks EA and GOG!
Very welcome.
high rated
UPDATE:
Hotfix for Origin client snatching our build is now live - both as an offline patch and in Galaxy.

Full offline build will take a bit more time but will be replaced by tomorrow.
I know this game, its an older game right?
back then they made a promotion flashgame: dragon age journeys
it doesnt work on the ea site but a link in the forum showed me this link that does work:

http://www.crazygames.com/game/dragon-age-journeys

Thats flash using vector characters in a fake 3d, if the game would have been devloped like that, i would have bought it, but 3d is not my cup of tea ((game)motionsickness)

I 'm familiar with simcity and more sim games, tehse are to complex and take a lot of time before i can dive into 'action' and i don't have the patience for it to wait and see things slowly evolving., thats why i stick to point and click games, hiddenobjectgames and other simple games.
almabrds: Dragon Age Origins I haven't played yet.
From the looks, it doesn't seem to have a deep plot.
I'd be surprised if it has a rich story, full of details and interesting characters like Planescape: Torment.
I'm also not a big fan of RPGs where the devs put too much focus in graphics.
It could look like real life and I would still hate if the story and gameplay are bad.
Engerek01: The game play is bombastic. No problems there.

The general story is classic bioware story. So dont expect much. But the characters in the game, especially your companions are all amazing. They all have their individual fan clubs among players.

Also, i dont think you can compare Dragon Age to Baldur's Gate 2.
Wait what, I didn't.

And that's a problem, I expect a rich story in RPGs, I couldn't care less if it has big pixelated characters, as long as it has a good story.
It doesn't need to have huge walls of text to be good, don't get me wrong.
I don't expect all games to be like a book, that's not what I'm saying.
It would be awesome if most cRPGs were like PS:T, though.
You say bombastic gameplay. Could you elaborate what makes it bombastic?
Thiev: UPDATE:
Hotfix for Origin client snatching our build is now live - both as an offline patch and in Galaxy.

Very fast fix! Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot for fixing this so fast, plus giving us the option to just download the small patch instead of the whole thing. :)
high rated
Quite unexpected, and lots of über happy peeps.

Having said that, it'd appear that the price to pay for a DRM-free version of some titles is pretty steep. Double as much steep.
Looks like regional pricing was/is not the deciding factor to get some AAA games here, after all.
Engerek01: The game play is bombastic. No problems there.

The general story is classic bioware story. So dont expect much. But the characters in the game, especially your companions are all amazing. They all have their individual fan clubs among players.

Also, i dont think you can compare Dragon Age to Baldur's Gate 2.
almabrds: Wait what, I didn't.

And that's a problem, I expect a rich story in RPGs, I couldn't care less if it has big pixelated characters, as long as it has a good story.
I am sorry, I didnt want to mean that you compared DA to BG2. Bioware itself and many others claimed that DA:O is a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate which I believe is completely wrong. I just wanted to warn you about that in my own perspective.

You "will" find walls of text. DA has a huge lore and if you love reading, you wont be disappointed.

Yes the main story is classic "save the world" story. But Dragon Age has a rich world, full of events and places with various actions. Your actions shape the world or determine the result of some events.

The game is called ORIGINS for a reason. Your main character has 6 different origins depending on class and race. And this effects the entire game slightly.

Game play is a lot different than Baldur's Gate in my opinion. The view is from 3rd person perspective and you can play the game without pausing on easy. Your characters have advanced AIs which you can easily modify to your desire. You mostly wont have to use them if you dont want to except in a few puzzles. So fights are much more fun. Some people found that as a negative tho.

There are lots of kinds of weapons, armor etc. Atleast thats what i remember. You will have fun.
mecharma: Praise the Sun!

...wait, what?
Which sun, .... like Tiberian Sun?!! x-)

Nice job! And fast, too. Thanks a lot. :)
EnforcerSunWoo: People Can Fly owns the IP and the rights to publish the first game as of last year. I emailed them not too long ago and something is in the works for Bulletstorm, they just didn't say what.
What do you mean the first game? There isn't any sequel or plans for a sequel, afaik.
Good to see EA are still throwing GOG the occasional juicy bone. Plus, DA:O being 2010 bodes well for more <2010 releases.
almabrds: Wait what, I didn't.

Engerek01: I am sorry, I didnt want to mean that you compared DA to BG2. Bioware itself and many others claimed that DA:O is a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate which I believe is completely wrong. I just wanted to warn you about that in my own perspective.

You "will" find walls of text. DA has a huge lore and if you love reading, you wont be disappointed.

Yes the main story is classic "save the world" story. But Dragon Age has a rich world, full of events and places with various actions. Your actions shape the world or determine the result of some events.

The game is called ORIGINS for a reason. Your main character has 6 different origins depending on class and race. And this effects the entire game slightly.

Game play is a lot different than Baldur's Gate in my opinion. The view is from 3rd person perspective and you can play the game without pausing on easy. Your characters have advanced AIs which you can easily modify to your desire. You mostly wont have to use them if you dont want to except in a few puzzles. So fights are much more fun. Some people found that as a negative tho.

There are lots of kinds of weapons, armor etc. Atleast thats what i remember. You will have fun.
Thank you so much. :)
You raised my curiosity, I'll watch some let's plays and see if it's my cup of tea or not.
Emahgerd, DA:O on Gog? Nice catch.

Put over 70 hours in that one, maybe even close to 100. Absolutely massive amount of content and I thoroughly enjoyed (almost) all of it.