It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Three pillars of Electronic Arts now DRM-free

No matter your personal take on the gaming giant – the many people, teams, and studios behind Electronic Arts brought us some of the most unforgettable experiences, marvelous worlds, and exceptional titles in gaming.
Each of today's three classic releases from Electronic Arts represents a pillar of game design: exceptional world building, mastery in storytelling, an admirable understanding of the balance between scope and focus. Straight from the EA Games vault, making their DRM-free debut on GOG.com, are:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition — the birth of a universe. A complex, extensive universe of raw fantasy and imperfection which spawned countless works reaching far beyond gaming - from graphic novels and novelizations through tabletop games and more. The Dragon Age universe is among the most ambitious fantasy settings ever created, and if you'd like to get more acquainted with the universe, turn up the fantastic soundtrack and take a look at the comprehensive guide to Dragon Age by Kotaku.

Dead Space is a glance at a gritty, hard sci-fi world in a state of irreversible disrepair. This is a game where the horrors lurking around the corner are just as disturbing as ghosts of the past. The glimpses are few, but they meticulously paint a vivid world of dark, scientific wonders and despair – a world you barely know, but a world nonetheless worth saving. A world you will remember. Check out the animated comic prologue available here, as well as the OST on Spotify.

SimCity 3000™ Unlimited is more than the sum of its parts. It's neither the biggest nor the most elaborate in the series, but it's success lies in balancing complexity and accessibility to deliver truly exceptional and welcoming gameplay. It doesn't hurt that you'll spend countless hours listening to a wonderfully jazzy soundtrack (also on Spotify!). Whether you succeed or stumble, one thing is certain: your stay in SimCity 3000 will be… nice.

Experience three pillars of game design by Electronic Arts – the marvelous worlds, unforgettable storytelling, exceptional gameplay – <span class="bold">Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition</span>, <span class="bold">Dead Space</span>, and <span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span> are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Konrad
Now this is unexpected, nice going GOG.com.
Wow Dead Space, HERE?
This is huge gOg, well done.
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif
I hope it sells well, so we get the sequels too.

I'm not too hyped by Dragon Age or SimCity.
I tried previous SimCity games and got bored quickly.
So unless they did some big changes to the gameplay, I probably won't like SimCity 3000.
Maybe if the population were more charismatic I'd be more engaged in the game.
Tropico has fantastic (really, you have to listen) soundtrack, which keeps you in good humor, the game has a charm (talking about Tropico 1 here). It doesn't take itself too seriously. You can see every person which lives in the island, and you care for them. I don't care about SC population.

Dragon Age Origins I haven't played yet.
From the looks, it doesn't seem to have a deep plot.
I'd be surprised if it has a rich story, full of details and interesting characters like Planescape: Torment.
I'm also not a big fan of RPGs where the devs put too much focus in graphics.
It could look like real life and I would still hate if the story and gameplay are bad.
shmerl: On a side note. It's probably an admission by EA that GOG is reaching a sufficient size so they started paying attention.
Uhm, as much as I love that they're having those games now, they're both eight years old.

So that brings EA to about the level of Ubisoft on this platform (Prince of Persia was released in 2008).

It's the follow-up that's the tipping point. What games ... and when. :|
haydenaurion: Sorry that you guys have to clean up EA's leftover Origin mess. :P
Let's look on the bright side, this will give them experience for when they'll work on the Mass Effects :P
shmerl: On a side note. It's probably an admission by EA that GOG is reaching a sufficient size so they started paying attention.
But GOG refuses to share the info about how many users are here.
Unbelievable!
Dead Space and Dragon Age?
Yesss!!! Thanks GOG!
Digital_CHE: But GOG refuses to share the info about how many users are here.
You can estimate it indirectly. Some developers can share their sales numbers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOG.com#Market_share
Post edited July 14, 2016 by shmerl
almabrds: Dragon Age Origins I haven't played yet.
From the looks, it doesn't seem to have a deep plot.
I'd be surprised if it has a rich story, full of details and interesting characters like Planescape: Torment.
I'm also not a big fan of RPGs where the devs put too much focus in graphics.
It could look like real life and I would still hate if the story and gameplay are bad.
The game play is bombastic. No problems there.

The general story is classic bioware story. So dont expect much. But the characters in the game, especially your companions are all amazing. They all have their individual fan clubs among players.

Also, i dont think you can compare Dragon Age to Baldur's Gate 2. The game play and character development and party tactics are way alot different. DA doesnt have the deep BG spell tactics or even race or class variety. But it is still an excellent game with rich characters and story.
haydenaurion: Sorry that you guys have to clean up EA's leftover Origin mess. :P
rodrolliv: Let's look on the bright side, this will give them experience for when they'll work on the Mass Effects :P
I'm doubting ME will come because ME3 is Origin exclusive on PC, but I like that you dream big all the same. Not that I would mind them only releasing ME1 & 2 on gog as i'm not a fan of 3. :P

Then again, I think Dragon Age 2 & 3 are Origin exclusive on PC if i'm not mistaken.
Post edited July 14, 2016 by haydenaurion
Does EA still have the rights to Bulletstorm? That game is completely busted on PC these days, thanks to GFWL. I can scarcely imagine a title more deserving of a DRM-free release.
Chacranajxy: Does EA still have the rights to Bulletstorm? That game is completely busted on PC these days, thanks to GFWL. I can scarcely imagine a title more deserving of a DRM-free release.
People Can Fly owns the IP and the rights to publish the first game as of last year. I emailed them not too long ago and something is in the works for Bulletstorm, they just didn't say what.
OMG it is happening my favorite series
Can't believe that Sim City 3000 is available again....Some times, EA, some times, i almost could forget and forgive you...
wait, what?
That Dead Space comic spoils a lot of major plot points without adding to the game experience. If you haven't played the game yet, I recommend skipping it completely.