It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Three pillars of Electronic Arts now DRM-free

No matter your personal take on the gaming giant – the many people, teams, and studios behind Electronic Arts brought us some of the most unforgettable experiences, marvelous worlds, and exceptional titles in gaming.
Each of today's three classic releases from Electronic Arts represents a pillar of game design: exceptional world building, mastery in storytelling, an admirable understanding of the balance between scope and focus. Straight from the EA Games vault, making their DRM-free debut on GOG.com, are:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition — the birth of a universe. A complex, extensive universe of raw fantasy and imperfection which spawned countless works reaching far beyond gaming - from graphic novels and novelizations through tabletop games and more. The Dragon Age universe is among the most ambitious fantasy settings ever created, and if you'd like to get more acquainted with the universe, turn up the fantastic soundtrack and take a look at the comprehensive guide to Dragon Age by Kotaku.

Dead Space is a glance at a gritty, hard sci-fi world in a state of irreversible disrepair. This is a game where the horrors lurking around the corner are just as disturbing as ghosts of the past. The glimpses are few, but they meticulously paint a vivid world of dark, scientific wonders and despair – a world you barely know, but a world nonetheless worth saving. A world you will remember. Check out the animated comic prologue available here, as well as the OST on Spotify.

SimCity 3000™ Unlimited is more than the sum of its parts. It's neither the biggest nor the most elaborate in the series, but it's success lies in balancing complexity and accessibility to deliver truly exceptional and welcoming gameplay. It doesn't hurt that you'll spend countless hours listening to a wonderfully jazzy soundtrack (also on Spotify!). Whether you succeed or stumble, one thing is certain: your stay in SimCity 3000 will be… nice.

Experience three pillars of game design by Electronic Arts – the marvelous worlds, unforgettable storytelling, exceptional gameplay – <span class="bold">Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition</span>, <span class="bold">Dead Space</span>, and <span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span> are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Konrad
Yay, more EA games! :)

Hope Balack & White 1-2 and The Saboteur are next from EA.
most excellent, all very good games, nice to have them here and in my library forever
tinyE: Download Paused?

WTF? Fix your downloader!
Same here, I have no intentions of downloading Galaxy, so this is a bit of a problem. :/
I'm not particularly interested in buying, but I'm definitely happy for the folks that were looking forward to these games. It's always a good sign when GOG can persuade big publishers to release more games DRM-free.
Great news, hope to see more from EA.
Catshade: I wonder how the GOG version of DA:O handles the whole Bioware points thing...
It's the Ultimate Edition of DA:O so all the DLC is included so no need for Bioware Points with this version.
Oh yes, DA:Origins, still my favorite. 2:nd was so messed up, and Inquisition was jut too much for me. MMO style fetch quests
tinyE: I know it isn't officially supported anymore but it not working is forcing me to leave the site. 700 + games that are useless because I don't want to use Galaxy.
Well... you could use Galaxy just like the downloader, just downloading stuff and shutting it down afterwards. You don't need to launch them via Galaxy if you don't want to.
So who was the numbnuts who was complaining about some summer gaming drought? =P

NuffCatnip: Same here, I have no intentions of downloading Galaxy, so this is a bit of a problem. :/
And I can't download 8Gb using my browser.
JKeift: Wow, I guess you can consider Dead Space and Dragon Age: Origins kind of old, but they're still part of extremely popular flagship franchises. I'm very (pleasantly) surprised that EA decided to release them DRM-free on GOG.
gog has not stood for good old games for almost 4 years now

as far as these releases go
mleh

I've been having this problem for the past couple of weeks, WTF is up with the downloader. Manual downloading via the link still works at least
Ghildrean: Now I can say I own all EA games on GOG again :)
Still waiting for Crysis and Command and Conquer :(
Two Questions:

1. Does this mean the Mass Effect series is in the pipeline?

2. Will there be an Origin Connect feature (like with Steam) that will allow us to claim games in the future here?
mecharma: Praise the Sun!

...wait, what?
Which one of you runs the "Let's tease the forum" class? And are you aware of what happens when you start teasing us too much?