It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Embrace your adventurous inner child with The Lion King, Aladdin, and The Jungle Book!

Good stories never fall out of style. And if someone knows how to tell a proper fairytale, that's got to be Disney. Today, three of their most celebrated, charming platformers of yore based on such tales are coming back, exclusively on GOG.com. Disney Aladdin, Disney The Lion King, and Disney The Jungle Book are all household names that still captivate our imagination, decades after we got introduced to their cinematic and videogame worlds.

That's why GOG.com and Disney heave teamed up to bring these beloved classics of the 16-bit era to a new generation of gamers and Disney fans. All three titles have been meticulously updated to be compatible with modern operating systems while preserving the original graphics, sound, and gameplay.

Developed during the golden age of platformers, Disney Aladdin, Disney The Lion King, and Disney The Jungle Book established themselves as hallmarks of the genre, earning the praise of fans and critics alike for over two decades. That was due in no small part to their groundbreaking visuals. With the advent of Digicel technology, hand-drawn cels from Disney's animation team brought the characters to life with a level of vibrancy that was unparalleled at the time, and remains impressive today. Just look at how adorable little Simba looks when he roars at his enemies!

Return to these beautiful worlds, full of that unmistakable Disney charm and wondrous sense of adventure. <span class="bold">Disney Aladdin</span>, <span class="bold">Disney The Lion King</span>, and <span class="bold">Disney The Jungle Book</span> are available now, DRM-free on GOG.com and you can get them for 10% off individually, or for 33% off as a <span class="bold">bundle</span> of heartwarming joy until August 8, 12:59 PM UTC!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LBbx41UaHVI
Post edited August 04, 2016 by maladr0Id
10 $/€ per game? For over 20 year old games running via DosBox. The PC versions aren't even that great to begin with. Thank you, but no thank you.
I wonder if this ''exclusively on GOG.com'' is the reason for the high cost.
pretty_omi: So I got the games. Never knew there was a Jungle Book game.
But anywho. Can you not save your progress? I'm new to this system and to GOG, but each time I play, I have to start all over :(
Pirate_PL: Back then you couldn't save :) You just got better at the game over time so you'd go further with each attempt until you finished it.
I get that, but I at least remembered a basic save function when we played on SNES, it was a single save file, but you could at least come back to it.
Bought them all. Thanks gOg and Disney!
I played Lion King and Aladdin many times, in the past. They're great, even with the crazy difficulty!
Games from that time (remember Earthworm Jim?) can be very challenging, but still fun.
Thanks to the difficulty I never finished these Disney classics, but I will fix this now! =p
I've never played Jungle Book, I hope it's good like the others.

"Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another."
Post edited September 25, 2016 by almabrds
timppu: I'll have to remember those two when some people complain about GOG not releasing (enough) classics. Well, maybe they can't be arsed because it is a lot of work, and people expect to get the games practically for free. Same for publishers too, why go through all the trouble of re-releasing old games if people want to pay max $1 for them? Better to make remakes instead and charge $30 (and up) for them.
This is just money for old rope.

Some people might like these games for nostalgia, then they would be better off acquiring a SNES/Megadrive copy instead of encouraging bottom of the barrel scraping, opportunism. After all this is supposed to be good old games not bargain bin rubbish unfit for even the shelves of a charity shop.
Spectre: This is just money for old rope.
So these games shouldn't have been released on GOG.com, as they are just old rubbish rope?

I am just trying to understand what the actual argument is here. If the argument is the games should cost much less, then maybe there would be no point to re-release them anymore as they would cause more costs than income.

Spectre: Some people might like these games for nostalgia, then they would be better off acquiring a SNES/Megadrive copy instead of encouraging bottom of the barrel scraping, opportunism. After all this is supposed to be good old games not bargain bin rubbish unfit for even the shelves of a charity shop.
Then again, the PC versions are superior to the console versions. E.g. the music is very bad in the the Sega version, making you deaf if you listen to that crap long enough. The SNES version is rubbish too, it doesn't let you even use a sword because apparently Nintendo was afraid kids would start swinging real swords at each other. It is like making a Doom game without any weapons, you just have to hop on the demons.

PC versions are the best versions of these games, even if someone might like some other version more just because that's what he played as a console kid.
Post edited August 08, 2016 by timppu
timppu: PC versions are the best versions of these games, even if someone might like some other version more just because that's what he played as a console kid.
Totally agree. The haters need to stop being fanboys and just appreciate that GOG & Disney finally brought this gem to GOG.
I'll let the music thing slide as a matter of taste even though the Genesis version has details in the music that are missing in the DOS version (compare level 2's music in the videos), but a version of Aladdin that's missing about 1/3 of the gameplay screen view is considered the best version? Sorry, but I can't agree there.

Genesis version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWhJOIFKtm8

DOS/Amiga version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RceDyRLNbI
haydenaurion: I'll let the music thing slide as a matter of taste even though the Genesis version has details in the music that are missing in the DOS version (compare level 2's music in the videos), but a version of Aladdin that's missing about 1/3 of the gameplay screen view is considered the best version? Sorry, but I can't agree there.

Oh that screen tearing on computer and sad colors... :o
haydenaurion:
Obviously playing the Sega version should be considered cheating, because you can see too much :-P
I'm sure this has already been said many times before but these titles are ridiculously overpriced, they are good games but they are ancient and the only game of the three that is likely to take up much of your time is "The Lion King" and this is purely because of the games difficulty.

I've noticed ridiculous pricing on a few other GoG games in the past and I just can't fathom the logic behind it.
haydenaurion: I'll let the music thing slide as a matter of taste even though the Genesis version has details in the music that are missing in the DOS version (compare level 2's music in the videos), but a version of Aladdin that's missing about 1/3 of the gameplay screen view is considered the best version? Sorry, but I can't agree there.

1/5th is more like it. However, I do agree that, whoever thought implementing that border was a good idea, must have been completely ignorant about gameplay, as obscuring part of the screen pretty much always negatively affects this if the game was originally designed without it.

A good example for this is the first bonus level, where you have to avoid falling pots. In the Genesis version you have time to deal with the clayware the moment it enters the screen. In the DOS version you have to rely on remembering the pattern of falling pots from a previous play as your responsiveness just doesn't allow avoiding them on time.

I actually never knew about this difference until the discussion on here, and I realize now that this IS bad about the DOS version.
timppu: I'll have to remember those two when some people complain about GOG not releasing (enough) classics. Well, maybe they can't be arsed because it is a lot of work, and people expect to get the games practically for free. Same for publishers too, why go through all the trouble of re-releasing old games if people want to pay max $1 for them? Better to make remakes instead and charge $30 (and up) for them.
Spectre: This is just money for old rope.

Some people might like these games for nostalgia, then they would be better off acquiring a SNES/Megadrive copy instead of encouraging bottom of the barrel scraping, opportunism. After all this is supposed to be good old games not bargain bin rubbish unfit for even the shelves of a charity shop.
I dont really understand this argument.
There will be a time when the physical sega and nintendo carts stops working.
Nothing lasts forever and when the carts does die why is it a problem to have digital copys for archival purposes?

Yes, there is emulators but im thinking the more sources there are where you can obtain a copy legally the better.
If this games were not $10 each this wouldn't be an issue. They're just not worth it. They're not THAT good. Freaking Tomb Raider 1+2+3 costs $10 when not on sale. You can bring countless classics here that are of similar quality/popularity that cost 1/2 or 1/3 of what these three do.
It's the pricing that's the issue - not the games themselves.
Wow! :) This is a very nice surprise. I hope Hercules will also come to GOG, soon enough. I missed the promotion by a day but that was weird anyway. 10% off of old games sold this expensive? There are plenty of games here offering a lot more while being cheaper or having the same price. $4.99 would be more reasonable.

Other than that, I'm happy we've just got a few more good old games for our collections, and that they've been tested and tweaked to run on our operating systems. Thanks, GOG and Disney! :)