It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Zegpi: Any updates from GOG about this? My wallet remains closed for the site, since I haven't heard anything.
SumofOne: Nope. It seems they are really going with the "we ignore it for a good amount of time and hopefully it goes away" tactic.
That a standard operation procedure for GOG. They are doing that for many years and it seems they can (sadly from my point of view) live with that. If only more people had principles GOG wouldn‘t get away with this.
high rated
Day 10. Wow. I honestly didn't want to believe that GOG had the sheer contempt to reach double digits, yet here we are... Astoundingly pathetic.
high rated
I gave GOG a week and a half. More than sufficient time. I've requested a refund on all eligible games. They've made their choice and accordingly so have I.
high rated
ShadowXOR: I gave GOG a week and a half. More than sufficient time. I've requested a refund on all eligible games. They've made their choice and accordingly so have I.
Absolutely agree. They've made it perfectly clear that our voices don't matter to them, so it's time to hit them where they actually care - profits.

To everyone else who agrees that this situation is completely messed up - don't buy anything from their (Cold Hearts of) Winter sale; don't support a company so willing to lie to and ignore it's userbase to line their pockets.

Put your money where your mouth is, maybe that'll finally get them to open theirs.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by dycaite
ShadowXOR: I gave GOG a week and a half. More than sufficient time. I've requested a refund on all eligible games. They've made their choice and accordingly so have I.
dycaite: Absolutely agree. They've made it perfectly clear that our voices don't matter to them, so it's time to hit them where they actually care - profits.

To everyone else who agrees that this situation is completely messed up - don't buy anything from their (Cold Hearts of) Winter sale; don't support a company so willing to lie to and ignore it's userbase to line their pockets.

Put your money where your mouth is, maybe that'll finally get them to open theirs.
Unfortunately that won't work if their only goal is to make as much money as possible. One of the main reasons they want to keep China happy is that they want to break into the Chinese mobile games market. If they do this successfully they could make more money in a year than they have from GOG in the entire time it's been running with only a fraction of the effort. If you have doubts about this then look up the figures yourself.

We can only hope there's a big enough part of them that meant it when they said they value gamers (and not just mobile gamers).

On the other side, if you look at the official cyperpunk.net homepage as well as the official Cyberpunk 2077 youtube page you'll see that the colour scheme is predominantly yellow with just a bit of red. This "bears" a striking similarity to the colour scheme adoped by a popular childrens book and cartoon character. Maybe there's a bit of rebel left in CDPR after all?
dycaite: Absolutely agree. They've made it perfectly clear that our voices don't matter to them, so it's time to hit them where they actually care - profits.

Winwood113: Unfortunately that won't work if their only goal is to make as much money as possible.
I guess part of me is still holding onto hope that there is still somewhere deep down inside them that has the goal of being "truly gamer friendly" as they proudly proclaim. Is that foolish of me? Yeah, probably. But I'm still having a hard time accepting that this has happened, and by the hands of CD Projekt of all companies...

I feel like if we strike the right balance of complaining and also voting with our wallets, that we are more likely to get some sort of response. Is boycotting the Winter sale going to make a big enough dent to challenge the Chinese profits? Of course not, but it might just be enough to get concerned investors asking questions, particularly given the plummeting stock price of CDP.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by dycaite
Winwood113: Unfortunately that won't work if their only goal is to make as much money as possible.
dycaite: I guess part of me is still holding onto hope that there is still somewhere deep down inside them that has the goal of being "truly gamer friendly" as they proudly proclaim. Is that foolish of me? Yeah, probably. But I'm still having a hard time accepting that this has happened, and by the hands of CD Projekt of all companies...

I feel like if we strike the right balance of complaining and also voting with our wallets, that we are more likely to get some sort of response. Is boycotting the Winter sale going to make a big enough dent to challenge the Chinese profits? Of course not, but it might just be enough to get concerned investors asking questions, particularly given the plummeting stock price of CDP.
I'm right there with you on this. I'd love to be able to support at least one company because they actually deserve this rather than just giving the impression that they do. Unfortunatly the real world hasn't allowed for this so far.

Fingers crossed though, eh? :)
I still want to give GOG the benefit of the doubt but boy oh boy this is a huge mess.
McMicroDonalds: I still want to give GOG the benefit of the doubt but boy oh boy this is a huge mess.
Unfortunately it comes down to numbers again. Look at Cyberpunk 2077, which I'm still loving, btw. Over 13 million copies sold. That means if CDPR managed to piss off even 1% of their customers that's still several hundred thousand angry gamers. Of that 1% there's maybe 1% of those that are the type with the loudest voices who like to scream at the world about how unfair everything is, I'm pretty sure you know the type. So it always gets back to the state where so much is being shouted about what is wrong with a thing that people ignore what's right with it. Then the shouting just becomes the usual white noise that ends up getting ignored because it's all the same shouting going round and round in circles.

Unfortunately some businesses get successful to the point that this is just factored in and gets easier to ignore because they still have several million loyal customers who'll buy what they're selling, while the unsatisfied ones just end up screaming at each other (again).

I'll still stick with GOG as long as the good outweighs the bad, which it still does, but I still think it's a shame that it's come down to this as they've shown that they're just on the same moral level as all the rest.
low rated
McMicroDonalds: I still want to give GOG the benefit of the doubt but boy oh boy this is a huge mess.
Winwood113: Unfortunately it comes down to numbers again. Look at Cyberpunk 2077, which I'm still loving, btw. Over 13 million copies sold. That means if CDPR managed to piss off even 1% of their customers that's still several hundred thousand angry gamers. Of that 1% there's maybe 1% of those that are the type with the loudest voices who like to scream at the world about how unfair everything is, I'm pretty sure you know the type. So it always gets back to the state where so much is being shouted about what is wrong with a thing that people ignore what's right with it. Then the shouting just becomes the usual white noise that ends up getting ignored because it's all the same shouting going round and round in circles.

Unfortunately some businesses get successful to the point that this is just factored in and gets easier to ignore because they still have several million loyal customers who'll buy what they're selling, while the unsatisfied ones just end up screaming at each other (again).

I'll still stick with GOG as long as the good outweighs the bad, which it still does, but I still think it's a shame that it's come down to this as they've shown that they're just on the same moral level as all the rest.
Who says it's only 1% of the customers. You don't know this.
dycaite: Day 10. Wow. I honestly didn't want to believe that GOG had the sheer contempt to reach double digits, yet here we are... Astoundingly pathetic.
Day 1000. GOG is in realtime censoring posts relating to their ommision of international release of critically acclaimed game X because some 10k people from country Y got sassy about something that got removed Q versions back /s

Please, keep us posted. I would personally very much like to refund EVERYTHING, but so far I have not heard of successfull story like that here.

Winwood113: On the other side, if you look at the official cyperpunk.net homepage as well as the official Cyberpunk 2077 youtube page you'll see that the colour scheme is predominantly yellow with just a bit of red. This "bears" a striking similarity to the colour scheme adoped by a popular childrens book and cartoon character. Maybe there's a bit of rebel left in CDPR after all?
I'm sorry if it's too much to point it out but do CH flag colours now include direct references to the character in question?
low rated
What's the hype about this Devotion game? It got retired from all shops months ago, why everybody blames Gog for it now? What's people waiting here for with messages like "x days had passed and we don't know anything"?

I didn't even know this game existed, I'm not interested in it, I would only get it if it's given away, but I doub't I would play it. But it got a lot of attention and free advertising lately. One thing is true for sure: if an editor/developer wants to distribute a game in China, it has to complish with their rules, like them or not.

People boycotting Gog for this thing together with the Cyberpunk game problems is a nonsense for me.

pd: Is it possible to add a wishlist named "I don't care Devotion is here or not" or something like that? I'm sure it will get more than the 8000 votes Devotion has now.
dycaite: To everyone else who agrees that this situation is completely messed up - don't buy anything from their (Cold Hearts of) Winter sale; don't support a company so willing to lie to and ignore it's userbase to line their pockets.

Doing my part here.

murcielago: One thing is true for sure: if an editor/developer wants to distribute a game in China, it has to complish with their rules, like them or not.
You're not paying attention. It's not about whether or not the game gets distributed in China: It's about whether or not it its worldwide distribution gets nixed because of China's influence.
Post edited December 27, 2020 by pearnon
murcielago: What's the hype about this Devotion game? It got retired from all shops months ago, why everybody blames Gog for it now? What's people waiting here for with messages like "x days had passed and we don't know anything"?

I didn't even know this game existed, I'm not interested in it, I would only get it if it's given away, but I doub't I would play it. But it got a lot of attention and free advertising lately. One thing is true for sure: if an editor/developer wants to distribute a game in China, it has to complish with their rules, like them or not.
I think you misunderstand the situation. GOG had been planning to release Devotion here on December 18th, but then they pulled it at the last minute (about 2 days prior), citing 'messages from many gamers' asking them not to release it. This was obviously a bogus story (no evidence has been presented of these messages) to cover up the fact they were being put under pressure from China to pull it. So, it's not just that they pulled the game, it's also about the principle that they are censoring a game at the behest of China. Further to that, they blatantly lied about the reasons, blaming 'gamers' instead of being honest with their users. They now do literally have messages from many gamers (over 8000 as of this post), petitioning them to release the game. However, so far GOG has been ignoring the views of these many gamers and has refused to even acknowledge them or comment on the issue.

Also, very important to understand: this is not about the game being blocked in China. The game is being blocked worldwide, because the Chinese tinpot dictator has thin skin and a large ego. Even if you are not interested in the game (which has very good reviews, btw), you would not be able to buy it if you wanted to, because China says that you can't. So, there is a very important principle at stake. You might not be interested in this game now, but what about the next time, when it is a form of media you are interested in being censored?
Post edited December 27, 2020 by Time4Tea
low rated
dycaite: Day 10. Wow. I honestly didn't want to believe that GOG had the sheer contempt to reach double digits, yet here we are... Astoundingly pathetic.
Between Christmas / new year holidays, Cyberpunk launch, extra support, lawsuit threats, and so on... I am pretty sure that everybody at Gog or CDPR has better things to do right now.

Did anybody really expected any sort of answer before first or second week of January at the earliest ? (if there is any answer that is).