It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The European Comics offered here are good, but they are not DRM free.
DRM Free or No way for me.
Censorship is another turn off, especially if this alters the original work of the author.
Hard Pass on the Izneo (not so humble) bundle.
jorlin: The European Comics offered here are good, but they are not DRM free.
Censorship is another turn off, especially if this alters the original work of the author.
Are you saying the Humble comic Bundle isn’t drm-free? How so?
jorlin: The European Comics offered here are good, but they are not DRM free.
Mr_Whiffles: Are you saying the Humble comic Bundle isn’t drm-free? How so?
You have to activate the comics through Izneo (a "French Comixology") and can only use them on their reader (like Comixology).
Mr_Whiffles: Are you saying the Humble comic Bundle isn’t drm-free? How so?
Geddes17: You have to activate the comics through Izneo (a "French Comixology") and can only use them on their reader (like Comixology).
Exactly and it gets even better: They claim that you can read their comics on "any device", which is a bit odd, since my e-reader does have an internet browser and does not run Android or iOS.
You could say that most e-readers don't display colour, so it would not make sense to read their comics on t\an e-reader, but that is beside the point.
No matter if a pdf or an ePub has all the colours of the rainbow, I can still display those formats on my e-reader.
New IDW Transformers comic bundle "the final phase"; sounds to me like it's because they're losing the loisence.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/transformers-final-phase-idw-books?hmb_source=&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_1_c_transformersfinalphaseidw_bookbundle
So I know they did a big bundle a while back for Transformers. From what I can tell these are the new ones that weren't in that previous bundle

Transformers:
V2 Change in Your Nature
v3 All FAll Down
V7 Combiner Wars First Strike
V8
V9
V10

Best of Megatron
Best of Optimus Prime
Regeneration One V 1 2 3 4
Legends and Rumours
Secrets and Lies
100 Giant Pwer of the Predacons
2019 Vol 1 2
Beast Wars Vol 1
~Halloween special

Confusingly the "Transformers Volumes" with names appear to be spotty with only V 2-3 then 7-10. I assume that this is because they are called other things in the list and I'm missing where they go.

Also the "spotlight" series of comics was missing from the previous bundle and this one (unless they are bundled up with one of those collected volumes noted above).
Mr_Whiffles: New IDW Transformers comic bundle "the final phase"; sounds to me like it's because they're losing the loisence.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/transformers-final-phase-idw-books
Link without all the trackers and not as polluted visually.

Also the bundle seems to have at least some region blocks. I can't access it here in Brazil.
Post edited May 13, 2022 by _Auster_
overread: So I know they did a big bundle a while back for Transformers. From what I can tell these are the new ones that weren't in that previous bundle

Transformers:
V2 Change in Your Nature
v3 All FAll Down
V7 Combiner Wars First Strike
V8
V9
V10

Best of Megatron
Best of Optimus Prime
Regeneration One V 1 2 3 4
Legends and Rumours
Secrets and Lies
100 Giant Pwer of the Predacons
2019 Vol 1 2
Beast Wars Vol 1
~Halloween special

Confusingly the "Transformers Volumes" with names appear to be spotty with only V 2-3 then 7-10. I assume that this is because they are called other things in the list and I'm missing where they go.

Also the "spotlight" series of comics was missing from the previous bundle and this one (unless they are bundled up with one of those collected volumes noted above).
About the Transformers, it's a little confusing because of the way Humble Bundle has named them. Vol 2 and 3 are from the 2019 Transformer series, while Vol 7 to 10 are actually from the Transformers: Robots in Disguise series and were previously included in other bundles.
Post edited May 13, 2022 by Jsmnox
Ten or so new volumes might be worth the $20, but I haven’t even started on the last bundle so I’ll probably pass.
TrevorWilliams: Ten or so new volumes might be worth the $20, but I haven’t even started on the last bundle so I’ll probably pass.
I'm almost in the same boat, but at the same time when licences expire and move to different owners all kinds of crazy things can happen. I'm still annoyed that I never got the full digital collection of conan recolourings by Dark Horse and now I sometimes scout ebay for them, but I have over half still to get so the price gets pretty steep to complete the set.

And sadly I think it might be one of those areas where Marvel has the licence, but DH has the copyright over the recolouring work. So the recolourings might be stuck perpetually in limbo.
A new Heavy Metal bundle at Humble:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/supermassive-heavy-metal-books

From a quick glance, I Don't notice any repeats, but will have to check more fully to verify.

Edit: I stand corrected, I see that there are some repeats
Post edited May 14, 2022 by eladz
eladz: A new Heavy Metal bundle at Humble:
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/supermassive-heavy-metal-books

From a quick glance, I Don't notice any repeats, but will have to check more fully to verify.

Edit: I stand corrected, I see that there are some repeats
damn, the only remotely interesting thing is Ranx(erox), and that's in the top tier. I guess all the other interesting stuff (Moebius, Druillet) has been sold under different rights in English
I haven't bought the last Heavy Metal bundle because it had almost no finished stories/series, but this new bundle seems to be far better in terms of completion. I just have no idea if these comics are any good ...
Geddes17: I haven't bought the last Heavy Metal bundle because it had almost no finished stories/series, but this new bundle seems to be far better in terms of completion. I just have no idea if these comics are any good ...
My impression of Heavy Metal in the past is that they put more weight on art (and sexual elements) rather than story, but perhaps that changed, haven't read any of the more recent books yet
Geddes17: I haven't bought the last Heavy Metal bundle because it had almost no finished stories/series, but this new bundle seems to be far better in terms of completion. I just have no idea if these comics are any good ...
eladz: My impression of Heavy Metal in the past is that they put more weight on art (and sexual elements) rather than story, but perhaps that changed, haven't read any of the more recent books yet
Thanks. I should probably try the $1 tier first ...