It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deuter0s: Marvel's omnibuses are such a mess, what with the mostly overlapping 'Epic Collection' and 'Marvel Masterworks' lines. Adding to that, the latter are inconsistent in their presentation, having two different types of covers.
slavojsneak: True that, and it's not just the omnibuses. I've read Marvel comics for 35 years (holy shit, I'm old), and I still can't work out how they collect stuff. Like Jason Aaron's Thor run -- do I only read the "complete Jason Aaron" or do I need to read "complete Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman" as well? (I ended up buying some of that stuff than once)
Jason Aaron's Thor run is one epic hell to follow.
First you have Thor: God of Thunder (25 issues).
Then Thor (2014) (8 issues and one annual)
Then Thors (2015) (4 issues).
Then The Mighty Thor (2015 too) (issues 1 to 23, and then it changes numeration and becomes 700 to 706, just to be relaunch with a new number one after only 7 issues with the old numeration, plus one special called At the gates of Valhalla) and The Unworthy Thor (5 issues). And don't forget the special issue Generations: The Unworthy Thor & The Mighty Thor #1 from 2017.
Then Thor (2018) (16 issues) and, if you want to be read anything Thor related by Aaron, Valkyrie: Jane Foster (2019), co-written by Aaron.
Finally you have King Thor (4 issues), King in Black: Return of the Valkyries (4 issues) and the Mighty Valkyries: All Hel Let Loose (5 issues).
And of course you have the Avengers (2018) (51 issues and counting) and now also, Avengers Forever (just launched. Also by Aaron but I think with no Thor in it).

About these two editions Complete Jason Aaron, and Complete Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman, it's... a complex matter. The Complete Jason Aaron begins with Thor: God of Thunder but the last volume collects issues still before Thor (2018). Then, the Complete Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman begins with Thor (2014), so you are missing the 25 first issues written by Jason Aaron in Thor: God of Thunder. BUT, the Complete Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman has reached King Thor, which is the official end of Jason Aaron's Thor run if you don't cound the Avengers and the three Valkyries series I said. So...

BE VERY CAREFUL when you're buying any marvel collection if you don't want to buy something twice by mistake :S

PS: Oh! And I forgot about Original Sin, also written by Aaron, to be read between Thor: God of Thunder and Thor (2014) (9 issues), which helps to understand the changes between both series, and Original Sin: Thor and Loki - The Tenth Realm (5 issues), also written by Aaron.

Edited to add the PS.
Post edited December 26, 2021 by Jsmnox
Dunno how to link directly to this, but these Viz volume 1s, on sale at Comixology:

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=39523&lang=1

all seem to be free (!) on Google Play Books.

I very strongly recommend Drifting Classroom -- gonzo horror classic -- and DMC -- funny AF. Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction and Goodnight Punpun are also good
[NSFW] Sweet Resolutions Bundle (IndieGala)

Not posting the link because it's NSFW.

Costs 4.99 USD until its price increases in about 22 hours and 30 minutes.

18 titles featured, 7 seemingly being titles that were never bundled before.

About 0.28 USD for each title when considering all 18 titles, and 0.71 USD when considering only the newcomers.
An interesting new Humble bundle - 'The best graphic novels from Abrams Comic Arts' :

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/best-graphic-novels-abrams-comicarts-books

Some interesting stuff, though would have been nice to have more offerings for the top tier.

_Edit_ : Oh, it seems to be offered only in ePub format for some odd reason, so I'm likely out.
Post edited January 06, 2022 by eladz
eladz: Oh, it seems to be offered only in ePub format for some odd reason, so I'm likely out.
Worth noting EPUB can easily be converted to other formats, such as PDF, CBZ, CBR, etc., with tools like Calibre.
eladz: Oh, it seems to be offered only in ePub format for some odd reason, so I'm likely out.
_Auster_: Worth noting EPUB can easily be converted to other formats, such as PDF, CBZ, CBR, etc., with tools like Calibre.
Haven't tried it, but PDF to CBZ conversions I tried were kind of a pain - sometimes the words don't transfer correctly, or the font is wrong..
Even if it's possible, it seems like more of a hassle. Strange that they offer it only in one format.
eladz: Haven't tried it, but PDF to CBZ conversions I tried were kind of a pain - sometimes the words don't transfer correctly, or the font is wrong..
Even if it's possible, it seems like more of a hassle. Strange that they offer it only in one format.
From what I read, converting from PDF to anything else is a pain, since apparently the PDF format tends to break things in conversions.

Also, you said that "words don't transfer correctly". Does that mean you tried to convert an ebook that had normal text instead of just images? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, CBZ doesn't support normal text, only images.
eladz: Haven't tried it, but PDF to CBZ conversions I tried were kind of a pain - sometimes the words don't transfer correctly, or the font is wrong..
_Auster_: From what I read, converting from PDF to anything else is a pain, since apparently the PDF format tends to break things in conversions.

Also, you said that "words don't transfer correctly". Does that mean you tried to convert an ebook that had normal text instead of just images? Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, CBZ doesn't support normal text, only images.
No, I tried to convert a comic book, not a regular text. Problem is that PDF sometimes stores the text separately from the image, it seems, and the resulting image has an empty word balloon, for instance.
A new 'Humanoids' humble bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/humanoids-megabundle-featuring-incal-books

Some repeats (not sure if from the previous humble bundle or Groupees, or both), several tier options, but the real bad news is the price hike. Every year the prices for the top tiers go up, but this is really a new record - $45 for the top tier and all books. I hope this will not be a new standard for future comic book bundles

Also, unrelated, Groupees are running a survey asking which type of bundles users want to see this year. Let's vote for more comic book ones !

https://www.supersurvey.com/poll4124527x64ba4C4C-129
Post edited January 20, 2022 by eladz
eladz: A new 'Humanoids' humble bundle:

Some repeats (not sure if from the previous humble bundle or Groupees, or both), several tier options, but the real bad news is the price hike. Every year the prices for the top tiers go up, but this is really a new record - $45 for the top tier and all books. I hope this will not be a new standard for future comic book bundles
At least, in this case, everything above the $18 tier has been bundle before on HB. You should only buy the top tiers if you missed previous bundles.

Of course, $18 for 27 items is not the same value as other bundles, as you mentioned.
Post edited January 20, 2022 by madth3
eladz: A new 'Humanoids' humble bundle:

Apart from the two highest tiers (with Humble Bundle repeats) there are also a few repeats from the Humanoids Groupees bundles: "The Technopriests", "Bouncer" and "Final Incal". Since those are in sum 18 volumes it's really the first Humanoids bundle I'm not sure I will buy it. By the way: From the ongoing series that are continued in this bundle, "Strangelands" seems now to be finished.
Post edited January 21, 2022 by Geddes17
One interesting thing about the Humanoids bundle is that

strangelands 1-4
ignited 1-4
omni 1-4

Are all included only in the top tier, but their latter issues are included in lower tiers. Which is odd because normally things go "up" as you go higher in the bundle rather than lower.

That said its interesting that those lower issues appear to have been bundled before, so perhaps they are up there purely for previous bundle people to avoid. I know that I only need the £13 pledge to get all that I don't have from this campaign. Meanwhile those totally fresh still get an insanely good amount of value for the top pledge.

The prices have crept up, but from what I can see the Humanoids ones at least have also crept up on the amount of content on offer. More comics = more cost
Post edited January 22, 2022 by overread
overread: The prices have crept up, but from what I can see the Humanoids ones at least have also crept up on the amount of content on offer. More comics = more cost
I would certainly agree if the two top tiers would include the COMPLETE former Humble Bundles - but since it's just a part of them the price does seem pretty high. Especially compared to the earlier Humanoids bundles (but granted, those were insanely good!).
Post edited January 22, 2022 by Geddes17
On indiegala is the "snickering tales"-Bunde, contains 8 comics from Markosia
Price for all: 3.50 $

https://www.indiegala.com/bundle/snickering-tales-bundle

All Storys/Books seem to be complete
7 PDF, 1 epub
Page Counts:
- Stuff that Happend: 97
- Gangster Hamster: 85
- The Age of Cave-Man: 149
- The Chili: 97
- The Intergalactic Adventures of Zakk Ridley (epub): 106
- The King's irish: 61
- Turkey Grove Farms: 97
- Society of Smiles: 31

Some of theme were bundled befor on groupees or indiegala

Available till ~ 06. February 2022
Post edited January 22, 2022 by rereder
overread: One interesting thing about the Humanoids bundle is that

strangelands 1-4
ignited 1-4
omni 1-4

Are all included only in the top tier, but their latter issues are included in lower tiers. Which is odd because normally things go "up" as you go higher in the bundle rather than lower.

That said its interesting that those lower issues appear to have been bundled before, so perhaps they are up there purely for previous bundle people to avoid. I know that I only need the £13 pledge to get all that I don't have from this campaign. Meanwhile those totally fresh still get an insanely good amount of value for the top pledge.

The prices have crept up, but from what I can see the Humanoids ones at least have also crept up on the amount of content on offer. More comics = more cost
I had noticed the issue order that you mention and was curious about the logic as well. Your explanation seems very logical though.