It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

[tinfoil hat ON]

The Witcher 3 was a 'surprise' hit to the main (USA based) AAA games industry. Here was a Polish upstart producing a game of such (for the time) visual quality but also including deep and complex gameplay and SO MUCH CONTENT, you could take years to get through it all.

That is not allowed to happen again (how else can the execs at EA buy a new ferrari each year?), so the whole 'SJW' online concern campaign was focused on Cyberpunk to mess thnigs up a bit and divide the fan base that The Witcher 3 had gathered to it (rightly so!) around the world.

[tinfoil hat OFF]

make of that what you will.
Stryder2931: What I found interesting was that there was not mention of the AAA 2021 game, and if that was delayed. I seem to recall a press release that CDPR was working on another game to release a year after Cyberpunk. Stritcly guessing, I would have to imagine it is delayed, as if they are under the crunch for this game, they would need all resources for completion and testing.

Hopefully there will be no more delays, and if I am wishing, hopefully the AAA 2021 game is a Witcher 4 game, starting with the Trial of Grasses.
Pheace: Was already a little skeptical another game was being developed when Cyberpunk multiplayer was coming that year but here:

“Given the expected release of Cyberpunk 2077 in September, and speaking of a series of events we expect to occur after that date, 2021 appears unlikely as a release date for the Cyberpunk multiplayer,” says Michał Nowakowski, CD Projekt’s Member of the Board and SVP of Business Development.

Nowakowski also confirmed that the “triple-A” title CD Projekt Red is developing in parallel to Cyberpunk 2077 is the Cyberpunk multiplayer.
Pheace: https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-wont-likely-be-playable-until-after-2021?sf116033889=1
I have to admit, I am very disappointed. I do not consider the multi player option another AAA title, but rather an extension of the single player game. This further erodes my hope of a Witcher 4. Thank you for sharing this.
Pheace: Was already a little skeptical another game was being developed when Cyberpunk multiplayer was coming that year but here:

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-wont-likely-be-playable-until-after-2021?sf116033889=1
Stryder2931: I have to admit, I am very disappointed. I do not consider the multi player option another AAA title, but rather an extension of the single player game. This further erodes my hope of a Witcher 4. Thank you for sharing this.
I'm actually a bit glad it's treated as a separate game, when there were first signs of a MP it was in form of a seamless MP. Which means in some way or another it would inevitably affect the SP (in the best case balancing issues in either of the modes, in the worst case MP exclusive content).

As for another Witcher game: I don't think they'd let such a well known name just die. And considering how ambitiuos their games tend to be it's probably better if they didn't try to handle two at once.
JinKazaragi: As for another Witcher game: I don't think they'd let such a well known name just die. And considering how ambitiuos their games tend to be it's probably better if they didn't try to handle two at once.
They just renegotiated with the author to keep their rights going, so there will surely be more Witcher. I'd guess a series based on Ciri, or a prequel, since they were so firm on Witcher 3 being Geralt's ending. But who knows.
JinKazaragi: As for another Witcher game: I don't think they'd let such a well known name just die. And considering how ambitiuos their games tend to be it's probably better if they didn't try to handle two at once.
StingingVelvet: They just renegotiated with the author to keep their rights going, so there will surely be more Witcher. I'd guess a series based on Ciri, or a prequel, since they were so firm on Witcher 3 being Geralt's ending. But who knows.
I heard about that.
I don't think it'd be about Ciri. With her powers it'd be very difficult to make her playable over a whole game without her feeling too "powerless" or restricted.
A new witcher, maybe from a different school or set in another time, for example would be more likely in my opinion.
I imagine a mage character might be also interesting to play and would give a nice perspective to the politics -both on the front and hidden in the back-. But I don't know how the other fans would react so I don't think CDPR would risk that and even if they did with a different title.
Crosmando: Lol? There's no reason that Cyberpunk wouldn't run fine at max settings on a 1080 or 2080.
Oh it will run. But would not be confident on a nice 1080/60fps experience.
Ever heard about nVidia RTX and HairWorks (also know as CrippleWorks and ShitWorks)?
Post edited January 20, 2020 by Dark_art_
I didn't even think of that. Yeah, that is hugely problematic. I mean "crunch" is meant to be "We're behind schedule, we need to put in extra hours to release this in time".
Already unfortunate for devs who have to work on it, and a shame that it is such a prevalent part of the industry.

But what we have here is CDPR pushing the release to September 2020, and saying "Yeah, devs will still need to work long hours". Pushing the release date back and still having 9 months of long hours is not crunch. It's idiotic management and exploitation.
That's okay, I'm likely 2 machines and 6 years away from being able to play it anyway. CDPR don't seem to hold back on system requirements.
Pheace: Multiplayer delayed to 2022.
Good, that proves they've set their priorities right (from my point of view, as I am buying the game for its single-player).

I would have been concerned if they had delayed the game in order to have the multiplayer in from the start, as that would have indicated they don't believe the single-player part to stand on its own, or they consider the multiplayer part to be the most important part of the game.
JinKazaragi: I don't think it'd be about Ciri. With her powers it'd be very difficult to make her playable over a whole game without her feeling too "powerless" or restricted.
It's a valid concern, but Ciri is already popular and known, and is in the Netflix show, and for money/promotional reasons I feel like she's a much better bet than a new character. You could find a plot excuse for her to be de-powered or something. Like I said though, who knows... you could easily be correct.
Gersen: overtime .. something quite common. .. occasional ..
OK
I'm cool with it. I built a new PC for it, and I've got no problem waiting until fall. Hell, I've got an easier time getting PTO then in order to deep dive for a few extra days. :)
low rated
so cd pr wants to sponge off more money through preorders?
JinKazaragi: A new witcher, maybe from a different school or set in another time, for example would be more likely in my opinion.
A new Witcher with the option to choose his school in the character creation screen would be something I'd expect from another Witcher game. A fixed, charismatic character is nice, but it's time for something new in the franchise. Given however the fact that the next AAA game CDPR is working on is CP2077 multiplayer, I don't expect The Witcher 4 to be released before 2024. It's a lot of time...
Has anyone said Cyberpunk Forever yet?

This could put it up against Horizon Zero Dawn later this year.