It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

X4: Kingdom End is coming soon on GOG!

The X series comes back! This iconic title, with first game dating for 1999, is a space trading and combat simulator; in a universe where several races populate a number of worlds connected by jumpgates. Your quest is to get into trading, fighting, empire building and various missions, all in a form of free roaming gameplay. The series is about to bring in yet another title though, X4: Foundations DLC – X4: Kingdom End!

Get ready for the space adventure, soon on GOG!
As a long time X fan, this makes my heart so happy, I can not wait for this!
Oh the joy to again see the Borons :)

Well played Egosoft - hope to see more infos soon!
kyle10: if this game presents the futur, it's really bad.
I don't understand how poeple can make game on a such creepy vision of futur.
To each their own, but you can't really be surprised by a futuristic dystopia appearing in entertainment (movies, books, video games, etc.)?
Post edited December 28, 2022 by andymdetroit
This probably sounds ridiculous. I have always been interested in these games but I am scared of the complexity/time requirements.

I have been a PC gamer for 30 years and I simply can't try it out because I have the impression I need an amount of time for a game I simply don't have anymore.
wrcpatrick: This probably sounds ridiculous. I have always been interested in these games but I am scared of the complexity/time requirements.

I have been a PC gamer for 30 years and I simply can't try it out because I have the impression I need an amount of time for a game I simply don't have anymore.
It's not ridiculous at all. Fact is, X games are time-hogs... Which is fine if you have no other obligations and weeks (or months) of time to devote to -- what sometimes feels like -- another job; but less-so if your spare time is limited.

I guess you could just putter around the universe in X3 or 4 without undertaking any of the major plots, but you wouldn't get the full (I hesitate to say "enjoyment") experience that way.

Can't really think of a sandbox space game you can play in small installments, either. Sorry.
WOW! What a way to introduce such fantastic new content!!!

Techno-Organic Space Craft and a HUGE Techno-Organic Space Station! I am seriously looking forward
to adding this X4 add-on to my X Franchise games collection!

I could swear that some of the ships seen in this video where inspired by the Wraith ships from the old TV
spin off for Stargate. Stargate Atlantis. The lines of the ships just scream Organic and Threatening! Even if
they are not meant to be!

I have added it to my list and registered for updates!

Keep up the great work GOG Team!!

Thank you for all the great work!
Sorry for pulling this one back up but I would like to say that the new game update, that is supposed to come out together with this DLC, seems to bring significant performance improvements so my earlier post about you wanting a processor from the future will probably not be true anymore, especially since we may have AMD's new 3D processors then too.

So, beta for version 6.0 of the game is now available (Galaxy only hmph) but we will have to wait for the DLC.
Themken: Sorry for pulling this one back up but I would like to say that the new game update, that is supposed to come out together with this DLC, seems to bring significant performance improvements so my earlier post about you wanting a processor from the future will probably not be true anymore, especially since we may have AMD's new 3D processors then too.

So, beta for version 6.0 of the game is now available (Galaxy only hmph) but we will have to wait for the DLC.
Thanks for the clarification. ;)