It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Celebrate the Thunderful World event with us (and Mark Hamill, of course) by grabbing the dynamic platformer game Steamworld Dig 2 free of charge on GOG.COM. Be quick, because the game will be available as a giveaway only for 24h – until 11th November 2021, 6 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Just logged on to check and i missed this game too.
O_O that was fast !
Darn! Missed it too!
high rated
Timboli: @GOG - Can't you be a little bit more generous than 24 hours .... jeez.

You must have released it just after I left for the night, and I came back a little longer than 24 hours later.

30 Hours would be a fairer amount.

I am here every day, sometimes more than once, and that's how you reward folk like me, who often don't get a free game anyway, because we've already bought it from you.

The one time it wasn't a game I already had, and you did the lousy 24 hour trick.
While I can understand your frustration, I am pretty sure that this is not up for GOG to decide. The game was available for free on Steam as well and the discount ended the same time it ended here which makes it even more likely that the timeframe was set by the publisher.
MarkoH01: The game was available for free on Steam as well and the discount ended the same time it ended here which makes it even more likely that the timeframe was set by the publisher.
That might also explain why there was apparently no newsletter update on this. If the discount period was set by GOG themselves (think Flash Deals), rather than the publisher, it would have made it to the newsletter.

Either that or I'm not looking at my emails close enough. :p

...I also somehow managed to fat-finger the rating buttons and accidentally reported your message; sorry about that. I hope nothing comes out from it.
Post edited November 12, 2021 by Androgeos
As I have stated I already had the game but I got a gift code so if anyone would still like the game just let me know.

Only restriction is that the account must have a purchased game on it to avoid bots.

Edit

Will be off my computer for about 8 hours.
Post edited November 12, 2021 by wolfsite
Thanks for the free game GOG :)
wolfsite: As I have stated I already had the game but I got a gift code so if anyone would still like the game just let me know.

Only restriction is that the account must have a purchased game on it to avoid bots.

Edit

Hello wolfsite,

I noticed the giveaway too late so if you still have a gift code, that would be nice.

Regardless, thanks for proposing and enjoy the incoming week-end.
Some people literally came out 5 minutes after the giveaway has been over, to complain about the 24 hours giveaway time frame, and that they have missed it because of that. There are all sorts of people out there. Incredible.
Wishmaster777: Some people literally came out 5 minutes after the giveaway has been over, to complain about the 24 hours giveaway time frame, and that they have missed it because of that. There are all sorts of people out there. Incredible.
To be fair, I've seen way more aggressive stances than those ones in the past few years in the forums so I'd be tempted to give them a pass and put that on the frustration of having missed a free game.

So, for those who grabbed the free game, congrats and have fun. For the others, there are regularly freebies so let's enjoy our (probably too big) backlog in the mean time.
Post edited November 12, 2021 by cal74
wolfsite: As I have stated I already had the game but I got a gift code so if anyone would still like the game just let me know.

Edit

cal74: Hello wolfsite,

I noticed the giveaway too late so if you still have a gift code, that would be nice.

Regardless, thanks for proposing and enjoy the incoming week-end.
I still have it, I sent an invite, once you accept I'll PM the code.
Code is used, enjoy the game
low rated
*sigh*
Thanks for nothing.
*sees thread title* Oh, nice. *jumps in, sees "posted 2 days ago"* ...Wait what? Oo

*sigh* Oh well, not my genre so would had ended up as library decoration only anyway. :P

Belated congratulations to all :)

Edit

I'll trade you for a game key for full throttle remastered if you want

Edit

sorry "gift code" I mean...
Wishmaster777: Some people literally came out 5 minutes after the giveaway has been over, to complain about the 24 hours giveaway time frame, and that they have missed it because of that. There are all sorts of people out there. Incredible.
Quick what time is 6pm UTC in your time zone? It's noon or so on the east coast of north america. So a 24 hr give away that ends at NOON is a little cofusing. I hope that clears things up for you a bit:)
Post edited November 12, 2021 by ramsey84c