It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hey gogrammers!

Whenever possible, we want to give you an early heads up on any games being removed from our catalog:

We just received a request to remove Ceville from the store on September 22. This time around we can't go into the details — we don't know when, and if, it will come back.

There won't be any goodbye discounts on the game in the meantime, so now's the time to grab it if you were on the fence. :)

Of course, if you own the game before that date – it'll still remain on your account.
Post edited September 15, 2016 by Konrad
Thanks for the heads-up.
Bah, wish I had picked it up in the promo last month. Ah well, my bad. :-p
Thanks for the warning, Mr Konrad :-)
Konrad: Hey gogrammers!
Actually, it's spelt "gogrammars." *pedantic grumble* :P

Anyway, I'm not interested in the game (will still look at some videos to make sure), but thanks for the warning!
Thanks for the warning. Might be a good idea to crosspost that to the French, Russian and Brazilian Portoguese forums, because not everyone frequents the General discussions. Already did that for the German forum with a link to this thread.
Huh, I didn't even know the game existed and was sold here...

Always a shame to lose games, but at least there has been a warning this time.
Sad to see it go. To all those on the fence: get the bloody game, it's a gem. Even the controls work well for the most part, even though it is mouse-controlled in 3D, which we too well know can and often does go (terribly) bad.
I've heard the English voiceovers are supposed to be bad but can't say anything on that front as I have only played the German version, and the German VOs are great.
Post edited September 15, 2016 by Daniel_M
Mmmm, I bought Ceville but does not play it yet.
However I really like Dungeons 2 + DLCs, made by the same developer.

Well, since I have bought all games they put on GOG, the news is not too bad for me.
Hope their new games will be in GOG.
deleted
thanks for the heads up. Good thing I own it already.

Whenever possible, we want to give you an early heads up on any games being removed from our catalog:

We just received a request to remove Ceville from the store on September 22. This time around we can't go into the details — we don't know when, and if, it will come back.

There won't be any goodbye discounts on the game in the meantime, so now's the time to grab it if you were on the fence. :)

Of course, if you own the game before that date – it'll still remain on your account.
Eerie... I just installed Ceville yesterday and had some problems with it, surfed the forums and the web and Steam to no avail, but found that the game was no longer in the Steam store. I wondered hrrrm... why is it still on GOG but not on Steam, very strange. :)

Anyhow, I do have one simple request. Could you add "Ceville Demo" to the GOG game catalogue? Not the actual demo, just into your database so when people search for it in the Games section they will see "Ceville Demo" come up in the search results. Here's the thing though... this is the best part...

If they CLICK on it, instead of sending them to the page where they can download the Ceville Demo (because you don't actually have it), redirect them instead to the store page for "Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition" instead just for a laugh. Not sure if GOG sells that game, but if you do not, do it anyway, just make a fake store page for a laugh.

You're probably wondering why I'd ask for such a seemingly strange thing? Simple, for parity with Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_5_9__12&term=ceville

Click the link, then click on the Ceville Demo to see amazing awesomesauce at work!
That's a shame. Well, thank you for giving us advanced notice. It's always appreciated.
Daniel_M: Sad to see it go. To all those on the fence: get the bloody game, it's a gem. Even the controls work well for the most part, even though it is mouse-controlled in 3D, which we too well know can and often does go (terribly) bad.
I've heard the English voiceovers are supposed to be bad but can't say anything on that front as I have only played the German version, and the German VOs are great.
The English voice acting sounds pretty good to me, however I'm only about an hour into the game. Sadly, I'm having severe problems trying to load savegames. It spends 30 seconds trying to load and sits there with "loading savegames" and never loads. Not sure if that happens for everyone, but I suspect not. Or... it could be why it's no longer being sold anymore too. :)

Don't let that stop anyone from buying it though... if you have the problem too, GOG support will try to help get it working (I have an open support request from earlier today), and if not they can still refund it, so if you want the game it may still be worth it.

As for how good it is, I can't say yet as I haven't gotten very far, but it's ok so far. :) Minus the savegame issue of course.
Thanks for letting us know.
high rated
Tyrrhia: Actually, it's spelt "gogrammars." *pedantic grumble* :P
Ew!
Meant that as a play on "programmers" not "grammar". >_>

Gawd, "grammer" is like the worst misspelling ever. Right up there with "should of".
Ew.