It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gilozard: It might be funny to some. But 'some of our customers might laugh' doesn't mean it's a good idea. What you call 'good old-fashioned fun' other people might call 'insulting', 'false advertising', 'mean', etc. Not everyone is you.

Game development is extremely lawyer-heavy, and distribution needs way more lawyers than development. Contract lawyers (employee contracts, contractor contracts, engine and any 3rd party library licenses, art and music rights), copyright lawyers, patent lawyers (software patents mostly), all those trademarks, lots and lots and lots of international lawyers. Did you really not know this?
Just because some people might not find it funny isn't a reason to not do it. You can't please every person every time and if you limit yourself to only doing things where you think everyone will agree with your decision, or everyone will laugh at your joke, or everyone will appreciate whatever it is - you will lose, and you will lose every single time because it isn't possible to have everyone agree with everything you do, and that's just life.

Sure, you want to avoid making disastrous decisions that have a large negative impact, that goes without saying, but a publicity stunt here or there, or a joke that not everyone gets or finds funny isn't going to destroy your business and in fact is likely to grow your business because some people are alive inside and appreciate a good laugh every now and then.

Here is another example of GOG's good sense of humour, although this one is not of a prank/hoax nature but just some good ole fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc6zIAq2J7A

Here are some other prime examples of a company having a damn funny sense of humour that is over the top. These are very old 3Dfx TV commercials which are absolutely hilarious as hell:

1) 3Dfx commercial #1
2) 3Dfx commercial #2
3) 3Dfx commercial #3

The 3rd one is my favourite. LOL That shit is pure hilarious. I'd love to see GOG make funny shit like that and if it offended someone or whatever then to hell with them. :)
Fairfox: For $10? Not sure it's that inviting...
You *could* buy Moo3 for $10. It's better than that :). It's a cute game, albeit not very long. Also it seems to be removed from Steam too, so it might be your only chance until someone decides to put it up again for sale.
Got it a long time ago, but the heads up is appreciated. Hope it returns sooner than later.
too bad as I wanted to give it a try. but at this price point, I think I'll have to pass
vicklemos: Great game, fun and well polished.
Yes, I've finished it through a vpn on the sadly deceased OnLive. No joke, I had some 20+ "gameclips" or something (ingame recordings and stuff) on the puns and dialogues.

Sad news that'll be removed and high hopes for it to come back asap! :P
OnLive over VPN from the DRC? What kind of Internet line did you have?
Konrad: Hey gogrammers!

Whenever possible, we want to give you an early heads up on any games being removed from our catalog:

We just received a request to remove Ceville from the store on September 22. This time around we can't go into the details — we don't know when, and if, it will come back.

There won't be any goodbye discounts on the game in the meantime, so now's the time to grab it if you were on the fence. :)

Of course, if you own the game before that date – it'll still remain on your account.
This should be posted on the front page .
Barefoot_Monkey: What kind of Internet line did you have?
100 mbps I guess! :P
Konrad:
Thanks for the heads-up Konrad. :)
Ok, one question. And really, this isn't to be an ass, it's an honest question- why is this information only here on the forum, and not in the headlines on the main site? Shouldn't everyone be informed and given the chance to get it while they can, and not only the people who use the forum (and happen to notice this thread)?
Konrad: ...
Well done with the heads-up!

PS - still waiting for "goglodytes" to be used in a "Weekend Playlist" thread title. ;)
Post edited September 16, 2016 by tfishell
Breja: Ok, one question. And really, this isn't to be an ass, it's an honest question- why is this information only here on the forum, and not in the headlines on the main site? Shouldn't everyone be informed and given the chance to get it while they can, and not only the people who use the forum (and happen to notice this thread)?
Indeed, and it can only benefit GOG, as there's no discount offered for the game which means higher profit margin for each copy sold (And I have to think they'll sell more if it's shown on the main site). Honestly, sometimes I wonder what they're thinking over there in the GOG head offices.
Breja: Ok, one question. And really, this isn't to be an ass, it's an honest question- why is this information only here on the forum, and not in the headlines on the main site? Shouldn't everyone be informed and given the chance to get it while they can, and not only the people who use the forum (and happen to notice this thread)?
My assumption is that it is pretty un-noteworthy to be front page news TBH, and if they did post it there everyone who saw it would just come in the forums to complain that they're advertising a game leaving the catalogue on the front page and they're not even putting it on sale or anything to make it worthwhile yada yada.
Post edited September 16, 2016 by skeletonbow
skeletonbow: My assumption is that it is pretty un-noteworthy to be front page news TBH, and if they did post it there everyone who saw it would just come in the forums to complain that they're advertising a game leaving the catalogue on the front page and they're not even putting it on sale or anything to make it worthwhile yada yada.
I think a game being removed is just as noteworthy as a game being added :P It's certainly more noteworthy than a "what are you going to be playing over the weekend" thread that gets a headline weekly.

Let's be honest- GOG sucks at communicating with it's customers. Customer agreement changes? No headline, no explanation - speculate and panic people, we'll tell you nothing! Games removed? Usually not a word, at best a thread somewhere on the forum. This isn't even a sticky for god's sake. A feature or a part of the store (movies) seemingly defunct? No word on whether they just gave up on it, or simply put it on hold for the moment. Let's have a dozen threads asking about it every month to no avail instead.

I'm not saying all this to be a hater. I don't get a kick out of complaining about it. I just think it's bad for all involved, and honestly rather unprofessional for a company like this. All you need is like one guy, not even full-time, to update the headlines with that stuff. Keep your customers informed. They'll learn the bad news anyway, and will only be more angry for not having enough information and feeling like you're trying to hide it, or aren't competent enough to inform them.
Post edited September 16, 2016 by Breja
Meh, it's just Ceville, not the end of the world or anything. It's not like they're removing The Witcher 3 or something else that's actually important. :)
skeletonbow: Meh, it's just Ceville, not the end of the world or anything. It's not like they're removing The Witcher 3 or something else that's actually important. :)
I thought I was being pretty clear that the problem isn't just this instance :P If it was, I assure I would not be bothered much.
Post edited September 16, 2016 by Breja