It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: (...)
I've noticed that Ceville demo behaviour too and would be doable here too because GOG sells EU:Rome Gold :D
Konrad: Hey gogrammers!
Tyrrhia: Actually, it's spelt "gogrammars." *pedantic grumble* :P

Anyway, I'm not interested in the game (will still look at some videos to make sure), but thanks for the warning!
Maybe it's Kelsey gogrammer ;)

Not exactly my type of game but it's always a shame to see something leave the store. Hope it eventually returns for those who might be interested.
Fairfox: Deffo appreciate teh heads-up thang! Too many games just get pulled.

Still, gotta say Imma going to pass; if it were a wee bit cheaper/on sale then mebbe I'd buy on a whim, but... it just doesn't look very good and Imma not sitting on a throne made of... erm... golden crowns?
You're not missing much. I love point & click adventure games, especially fantasy ones, and I never even finished this. Not nearly as clever and funny as it wants to be. There's no shortage of better ones. Hell - I'm having more fun with the unfinished Warcraft Adventure than I did with this :P
Post edited September 15, 2016 by Breja
ElTerprise: I've noticed that Ceville demo behaviour too and would be doable here too because GOG sells EU:Rome Gold :D
If GOG took me seriously (and I really do hope that they do!) and honoured my goofy request, I would shit bricks as that would be super funny as hell LOL. Even if they just did it for the next 6 days until the game is removed from the store that would be hilarious.
Great game, fun and well polished.
Yes, I've finished it through a vpn on the sadly deceased OnLive. No joke, I had some 20+ "gameclips" or something (ingame recordings and stuff) on the puns and dialogues.

Sad news that'll be removed and high hopes for it to come back asap! :P
skeletonbow: If GOG took me seriously (and I really do hope that they do!) and honoured my goofy request, I would shit bricks as that would be super funny as hell LOL. Even if they just did it for the next 6 days until the game is removed from the store that would be hilarious.
Yes. That would be really funny indeed :D
Tyrrhia: Actually, it's spelt "gogrammars." *pedantic grumble* :P
Konrad: Ew!
Meant that as a play on "programmers" not "grammar". >_>

Gawd, "grammer" is like the worst misspelling ever. Right up there with "should of".
Ew.
Oh. Totally missed that. On a gaming forum, too . . . that's embarrassing. Whoops! ^_^'

Siegor: Maybe it's Kelsey gogrammer ;)
Are we all his children? But I did not even know him! :O
ElTerprise: Yes. That would be really funny indeed :D
They do have a pretty good sense of humour usually when they let it out, so it's entirely possible. :) Don't know if you were around to catch it when it happened but... a few years ago during the Insomnia sale which brought us The Great Keaning, a day or so after that happened if memory serves correct... the next time GOG put Jack Keane 2 in the game rotation for the Insomnia sale instead of having 200 or so copies of the game (which stalled the sale by like 7+ hours the previous time around), they loaded it up with like 18000 copies to scare everyone. It was pretty funny. Someone took a screenshot of it that's floating around. :)

I kind of wish they'd do more funny stuff like that more often though too. They might be afraid of triggering the French Monk Syndrome or something like that too though so they might hold back... :)
Siegor: Maybe it's Kelsey gogrammer ;)
Tyrrhia: Are we all his children? But I did not even know him! :O
Considering how often he changes wives I wouldn't be too surprised!
skeletonbow: Sadly, I'm having severe problems trying to load savegames. It spends 30 seconds trying to load and sits there with "loading savegames" and never loads. Not sure if that happens for everyone, but I suspect not. Or... it could be why it's no longer being sold anymore too. :)
I can only speak for myself but I had no savegame problems, played it on my Win 7 64bit machine, Intel Core2 Quad 2,5 GHz, 6GB RAM.
Daniel_M: I can only speak for myself but I had no savegame problems, played it on my Win 7 64bit machine, Intel Core2 Quad 2,5 GHz, 6GB RAM.
I figured someone would say as much... ;o( Gotta be something different going on here. I ran the game a long time ago for a few hours and never hit a problem but I can't be certain I ever saved the game and reloaded it later as it was a trial run to gauge the game.

Did it load savegames quickly or slowly? My system is screaming fast and the loading seems super extremely slow for this game. I googled to the ends of the earth and found nothing though, it's hard to even find pages that mention the game without tonnes of false positives. :/
skeletonbow: They do have a pretty good sense of humour usually when they let it out, so it's entirely possible. :) Don't know if you were around to catch it when it happened but... a few years ago during the Insomnia sale which brought us The Great Keaning, a day or so after that happened if memory serves correct... the next time GOG put Jack Keane 2 in the game rotation for the Insomnia sale instead of having 200 or so copies of the game (which stalled the sale by like 7+ hours the previous time around), they loaded it up with like 18000 copies to scare everyone. It was pretty funny. Someone took a screenshot of it that's floating around. :)

I kind of wish they'd do more funny stuff like that more often though too. They might be afraid of triggering the French Monk Syndrome or something like that too though so they might hold back... :)
I wasn't active in forums back then but i frequented the site so i remember that. Yep they have a neat sense of humour and they could show it more often. And something like that could lift the general mood on here a bit. What's the French Monk Syndrome?
Hopefully it´ll go on sale before it gets removed...
ElTerprise: I wasn't active in forums back then but i frequented the site so i remember that. Yep they have a neat sense of humour and they could show it more often. And something like that could lift the general mood on here a bit. What's the French Monk Syndrome?
French Monk Syndrome is a case where their sense of humour went very incredibly wrong right after their sense of humour went very incredibly wrong several years ago. I believe it's still available on Youtube for the curious, but it's a dark moment that I think GOG probably wants to forget. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOG.com#Marketing_stunt_and_relaunch

4 days from now marks the 6th year anniversary. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATNd4qbNTf8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWYcsvPeqxk
Post edited September 15, 2016 by skeletonbow
skeletonbow: a few years ago during the Insomnia sale which brought us The Great Keaning, a day or so after that happened if memory serves correct... the next time GOG put Jack Keane 2 in the game rotation for the Insomnia sale instead of having 200 or so copies of the game (which stalled the sale by like 7+ hours the previous time around), they loaded it up with like 18000 copies to scare everyone. It was pretty funny. Someone took a screenshot of it that's floating around. :)
;-)
Attachments:
keaning2.png (346 Kb)