It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A CD PROJEKT RED Witcher treat for all of us.

CD PROJEKT RED are demoing an all new bit of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> gameplay during PAX this weekend - but you don't have to go all the way there to see it. You can just watch it here, with us! It's just another day on the job for Geralt, as he tracks down the bloody remains of a merchant caravan - and the huge, beastly reason responsible for the mess. It's a showcase of the depth you'll encounter, and the skills you'll employ, as a professional monster hunter. Oh yeah, and this is just a sidequest.

We don't want to spoil the fun, so check out the video right here!

If you think The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is looking awesome, you can always pre-order it right here.. Getting the game on GOG.com is the one way to directly support development at CD PROJEKT RED (we're one big family after all), and we'll give you a bucket full of cool stuff to go - that includes a FREE copy of Neverwinter Nights, two digital comic books, exclusive soundtracks and a lot more.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Konrad
realkman666: The company will never love you.
Ofcourse it won't, it is not a person. It is an association of people that make money with the developing and selling of video games. But if you intend to buy the game through gog.com anyway than there is no harm done to you if you actually purchase it here.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by The_Blog
SteinarB: It's certainly looking good, and I know I'll be getting it myself, but honestly? This is not the game I'm really looking forward to from CDPR. The one which has _me_ going "are we there yet? Are we there yet?" over and over like an impatient child five minutes into a five hour drive is Cyberpunk 2077. THAT is what I wanna see.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
It could be worse. You could be waiting for <i>They</i>.
realkman666: The company will never love you.
The_Blog: Ofcourse it won't, it is not a person. It is an association of people that make money with the developing and selling of video games. But if you intend to buy the game through gog.com anyway than there is no harm done to you if you actually purchase it here.
Who said anything about harm?
SteinarB: It's certainly looking good, and I know I'll be getting it myself, but honestly? This is not the game I'm really looking forward to from CDPR. The one which has _me_ going "are we there yet? Are we there yet?" over and over like an impatient child five minutes into a five hour drive is Cyberpunk 2077. THAT is what I wanna see.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
VanishedOne: It could be worse. You could be waiting for <i>They</i>.
"The single player campaign is up to twelve hours long with a story driven setting."

Sweet! :D
Post edited March 07, 2015 by realkman666
After seeing this (and it looked absolutely amazing), I am worried about the controls. I thought this game was intended for PCs, yet the bottom right legend seems PS4/Xbone attuned.

If the controls are ported from consoles, I fear they will be very clunky and ill-adjusted for the PC, as every game ever that was ported to PC from one of the lesser gaming platforms.

Am I wrong?
Attachments:
praising.gif (52 Kb)
Not long now!

I hope it's not ported from a console, I don't want to download mods to make it run better, like in the witcher 2 the fonts were so small, I had to d/l a mod to make them bigger.

lol with my POS system I hope someone makes a low texture Mod ^^

I hope my Nine month wait is worth it [pre-order aug 2014]
LiefLayer: they add it in the page of the preorder...
if you preorder the witcher 3 but you would like to return it you can do... I don't know for the video card...
but that teach you to never preorder before know if you can run it.
Lodium: Well, i kinda building the rig for another game.
Had to start building it or it woudnt be done anytime soon.
I havent preordered the witcher 3, was just curious if the rig im building is enough or what the minumum specs was.
Thanks annyway.

Edit :
To answer my own question il just add the specs here.
Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB
I'm halfway there. Upgraded a couple of months ago to a Intel I7-4790K, windows 7, ssd etc. Just need to do the graphics card and maybe a new monitor and speakers. I'm leaving that last part until as late as possible just to see where the technology goes. I've not been keeping up to date as much as I used to on PC component industry releases and trends.
The only clips I`ve seen so far, have been played via controller, so assuming it was on a console too.
I`d rather see computer played footage & mouse/keyboard play.

The HUGE problem I noticed, is that in the clips, he still has to put oils on blades prior to the fights (unlike Skyrim et al where you can at any time) meaning you have to be psychic to know what you are going to fight or worse, just go back a save & reload.

Hope this isn`t the case though..

Does look okay so far though :)
Post edited March 08, 2015 by fishbaits
Dessembrae_: After seeing this (and it looked absolutely amazing), I am worried about the controls. I thought this game was intended for PCs, yet the bottom right legend seems PS4/Xbone attuned.

If the controls are ported from consoles, I fear they will be very clunky and ill-adjusted for the PC, as every game ever that was ported to PC from one of the lesser gaming platforms.

Am I wrong?
I highly doubt it. The Witcher 2 had controller support, they were just showcasing the console version. I'm sure the PC version will look and play much better.
Man, looks like a console FPS. I've already pre-ordered it... but boy, this type of game is very difficult for me. I hope there's an "easy" mode.
A TORCH???

What? Come on!

The guy has 2000 types of potions and he needs a torch to get inside a cave? What happened to the ability to see in the dark and the "cat" potion?

The other 7 minutes of gameplay are sweet as heaven, haha!
I've never been much of a rider in any video game (never tried it in real though) but I suppose it's decent if you want to ride long distances but I think I'll feel like I'm rushing through it then.

That slow down time spell looks awesome! I love taking advantage of time manipulation in video games and really, really hate any kind of time limits or time manipulation to the detriment of the player.

I plan to wait before playing this game so I'm not too worried about lack of actual PC controls as I'm sure they will patch whatever issues they find and hopefully with mods they can change whatever stupid console menus or maps they have added.
Matruchus: Well the game looks good. I only hope that its going to be an actual open world so that not every step is going to be scripted like in Witcher 2 that is a good game but a little bit more freedom of play would be nice.
But but open world gets a bit boring (*looking at Skyrim sans Mods*)
Nirth: I've never been much of a rider in any video game (never tried it in real though) but I suppose it's decent if you want to ride long distances but I think I'll feel like I'm rushing through it then.

That slow down time spell looks awesome! I love taking advantage of time manipulation in video games and really, really hate any kind of time limits or time manipulation to the detriment of the player.

I plan to wait before playing this game so I'm not too worried about lack of actual PC controls as I'm sure they will patch whatever issues they find and hopefully with mods they can change whatever stupid console menus or maps they have added.
Im wondering why this is shown with console type controls?.
Post edited March 08, 2015 by Niggles
Lodium: Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB
I have (and love) a sexy silver Samsung gaming laptop from a few years back. Iirc, specs are:

Windows 7 64-bit, Intel i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, 8 GB RAM, DirectX 11

so I guess I'd need to upgrade, too. Not sure I'll be in a rush tho: Aside from TW3, most AAA games with cutting edge graphics aren't released DRM-free, and I don't use Steam (and don't bother to pirate most things... thanks to GOG, I only have maybe 5 or so cracked games, and those are a few years old), so I'd be upgrading more-or-less only for the sake of playing TW3.

I love TW2 and think TW3 looks great, and I'm happy to support CDPR and DRM-free gaming with my preorder, but I might wait for a bit to upgrade my hardware and actually play the game. Just not sure I want the expense when my current laptop easily handles everything I throw at it.

But then again, playing certain games/series on console isn't going to be an option for much longer unless I buy a PS4 or Xbox One... and a new gaming laptop might be a better investment than an expensive new console that isn't even backwards compatible with the last generation of games... Decisions, decisions. ;)

...Anyway, that new trailer is sweeeet! I'm loving the sign that creates a pocket of slowed time. Liking the minimal HUD, too, tho I'm hoping for the option to turn off the mini-map in favor of a simple compass, perhaps even to switch between them on the fly. Nitpicking a bit, the wyvern's wings seem somewhat small for its body.

Overall, quite exciting and looking fantastic!
Post edited March 08, 2015 by SeduceMePlz
Grats GOG but some of us just want to know a rough idea of when we'll see more LA/Disney games here. ;-)
I pre-ordered this but am becoming worried... Every video highlighting gameplay so far has been with a control and I am a PC player for a reason! I use a keyboard and a mouse! Also, I upgraded my rig to be able to handle this but have not been really blown away by the graphics in the game play videos... Certainly not worthy of the required specs.