It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A CD PROJEKT RED Witcher treat for all of us.

CD PROJEKT RED are demoing an all new bit of <span class="bold">The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt</span> gameplay during PAX this weekend - but you don't have to go all the way there to see it. You can just watch it here, with us! It's just another day on the job for Geralt, as he tracks down the bloody remains of a merchant caravan - and the huge, beastly reason responsible for the mess. It's a showcase of the depth you'll encounter, and the skills you'll employ, as a professional monster hunter. Oh yeah, and this is just a sidequest.

We don't want to spoil the fun, so check out the video right here!

If you think The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is looking awesome, you can always pre-order it right here.. Getting the game on GOG.com is the one way to directly support development at CD PROJEKT RED (we're one big family after all), and we'll give you a bucket full of cool stuff to go - that includes a FREE copy of Neverwinter Nights, two digital comic books, exclusive soundtracks and a lot more.
Post edited March 07, 2015 by Konrad
"They need to have a pretty high-end PC" to play Witcher 3 on 60 fps. I wonder what kind of "pretty high-end" this is, >2000 €? For this, looking like all forms of pseudo relief (ahem, parallax mapping) were turned off?
UJH: 1 - "Rashid Sayed: Are there any plans to use Mantle or DX 12 features in The Witcher 3? May be post launch?

Balazs Torok: There are definitely plans for exploring different graphics APIs, post launch. Right now we are concentrating on providing the best possible game for the majority of our players."

http://gamingbolt.com/the-witcher-3-tech-interview-ps4xbox-one-performance-challenges-dx12-redengine-3-mods-more

2 - from "The Witcher 3's" minimum system requirements:

DirectX 11
Zoidberg: I stand corrected thn! :P

So when they'll port it to MacOS and Linux, they'll have to reprogram a bunch of things, probably losing features on the way... that's always a bummer...
Not that I'm convinced at non-windows gaming to start with though... :/
I rather use an open system.. but time ain't come. dunno whether they've already prepared a "vulkan (hopefully) port". i imagine they'd rather use opengl : \
The game looks great in general but the textures in this particular video look horribly low res compared to older vids.

Will the PC version feature higher resolution textures or are we bound to the same version consoles get?
Hatman: The game looks great in general but the textures in this particular video look horribly low res compared to older vids.
That's how thoughts on downgrade appear.

Hatman: Will the PC version feature higher resolution textures or are we bound to the same version consoles get?
According to some statements, this is PC, 60 FPS version. If this is "ultra" quality, requiring high-end, pretty expensive rig...
horstfreigang: Well, I really hope that there will be proper keyboard and mouse support and very good performance on PC.

Btw. to the people who preorder games: Don't preorder games. Never ever!
Yeah, it's easy to say don't pre-order. I made a few mistakes in my life, but not preordering Witcher3? Why? I love the devs and the game is the best AAA RPG I have seen. I just have to buy a new rig before Extended Edition will come in a year or so...
horstfreigang: Well, I really hope that there will be proper keyboard and mouse support and very good performance on PC.

Btw. to the people who preorder games: Don't preorder games. Never ever!
xep624: Yeah, it's easy to say don't pre-order. I made a few mistakes in my life, but not preordering Witcher3? Why? I love the devs and the game is the best AAA RPG I have seen. I just have to buy a new rig before Extended Edition will come in a year or so...
Doesn't matter whether you love the devs. Just wait for some reviews. Your love may turn into dislike, if you were expecting more than they may deliver. Be patient especially after those infamous AAA releases of 2014.

Again, don't preorder. Do yourself a favor.
xep624: Yeah, it's easy to say don't pre-order. I made a few mistakes in my life, but not preordering Witcher3? Why? I love the devs and the game is the best AAA RPG I have seen. I just have to buy a new rig before Extended Edition will come in a year or so...
horstfreigang: Doesn't matter whether you love the devs. Just wait for some reviews. Your love may turn into dislike, if you were expecting more than they may deliver. Be patient especially after those infamous AAA releases of 2014.

Again, don't preorder. Do yourself a favor.
What about collectors editions?
I mean physical ones.
Its all fine and dandy to say that you shoudnt preorder games ever.
But the only thing that results in is that you can actually miss out on a collectors item if you want it
because even if one or two decides to not preorder the collectrors physical editions ,countless others will and then you have to go ebay and pay much more premium price instead of paying what the devs wanted for it.
Post edited March 13, 2015 by Lodium
Lodium: What about collectors editions?
I mean physical ones.
Its all fine and dandy to say that you shoudnt preorder games ever.
But the only thing that results in is that you can actually miss out on a collectors item if you want it
because even if one or two decides to not preorder the collectrors physical editions ,countless others will and then you have to go ebay and pay much more premium price instead of paying what the devs wanted for it.
I don't know if a collectors edition of a crappy game is worth having.
Collectors edition or not but you pay for a game that isn't finished yet. It's like early access but without the chance to play.

And if you can wait a bit longer then there you may get the game in a sale for less money.

Edit: There was a wise man who was talking about the same topic two years ago. https://youtu.be/mf5Uj4XIT1Y
Post edited March 14, 2015 by horstfreigang
Beligerent: I pre-ordered this but am becoming worried... Every video highlighting gameplay so far has been with a control and I am a PC player for a reason! I use a keyboard and a mouse! Also, I upgraded my rig to be able to handle this but have not been really blown away by the graphics in the game play videos... Certainly not worthy of the required specs.
This from a german magazine called Gamestar. Translation may be a little iffy, but I surmise that you are correct:

Gameplay

There are 4 difficulties (easy, medium, hard and dark) which differ in the skill of the monsters you face. Hitpoints remain the same.
You can bargain for more money after finishing your monster contract through some sort of minigame.
The side quests are extremely well made with great writing and branching.
Potions are a necessity on higher difficulty levels. You only need to craft a potion once and you can refill it if you have enough alcohol present. Potions are upgradeable for stronger effects. Stronger potions will increase your toxicity more
Novigrad and No Man's Land are indeed one single map, much bigger than Skyrim. The isles of Skellige form the other big part of the game. Next to that, there are 5-6 other separated locations, including Kaer Morhen.
No enemy respawning or at the least not very frequently
Best items in the game must be crafted
They were very impressed with the story branching and how it is not always obvious. Correcting 'wrong' choices by saving/reloading will be very difficult if not impossible.
Contrary to BioWare games dialogue options are not good or bad, this you will have to figure out for yourselves.
They really liked the in-game card game Gwent, praising its design.
The game features two really big cities: Novigrad and Oxenfurt, both very lively.
The are of No Man's Land features 25 smaller towns, some of which are the size of Flotsam from The Witcher 2.
Geralt can rob people, although the system is too easy and feels a bit lacking.
Journalist (level 7) was one shotted by a wyvern (level 24). No level scaling.
Ciri sequences will be (in total) 5-10h and feel more like an action-adventure game than an RPG
Extra storage can be made by crafting saddle bags for your horse.
Many small details such as Roach stopping to eat apples from a basket
All equipped items are visible in-game on Geralt
Fist-fighting is back, this time no QTE
World never felt empty
Journalist didn't encounter any simple fetch quests

Technical

The HUD is fully customizable. Icons and quest markers on the map can also be deactivated. Audiovisual hints (e.g. people screaming for help) will be present if you wish to do so.
Journalist encountered no clone NPC's
Controller feels superior to keyboard+mouse.
The extremely annoying doors from The Witcher 2 are gone. Doors are now opened automatically, no button pressing. No loading times for entering buildings either.
Day 1 patch confirmed
Xbox One resolution will stay at 900p
Geralts beard will grow over time
Switching between controller and mouse (for menu's) is easy and fluid
Most impressive dynamic weather system in any game he has ever played
They encountered very few bugs, no crashes of freezes.
Ultra seems to have a big effect on the quality of vegetation and character models[
No slider for LOD
Visual gore more prominent than in The Witcher 2
"Controller feels superior to keyboard+mouse. "

Uhuh....

Was this game ever actually demo'd with KB/Mouse and PC interface?
Post edited March 21, 2015 by eRe4s3r
Dessembrae_: This from a german magazine called Gamestar. Translation may be a little iffy, but I surmise that you are correct:
Don't know about you guys, but most of what you listed there sounds pretty awesome to me.

Is the release date still planned for May, or will there be another delay?

Also supposedly the German version is going to be uncut -- does anyone here know whether or not that is true and officially confirmed?
Beligerent: I pre-ordered this but am becoming worried... Every video highlighting gameplay so far has been with a control and I am a PC player for a reason! I use a keyboard and a mouse! Also, I upgraded my rig to be able to handle this but have not been really blown away by the graphics in the game play videos... Certainly not worthy of the required specs.
Dessembrae_: This from a german magazine called Gamestar. Translation may be a little iffy, but I surmise that you are correct:

Gameplay

There are 4 difficulties (easy, medium, hard and dark) which differ in the skill of the monsters you face. Hitpoints remain the same.
You can bargain for more money after finishing your monster contract through some sort of minigame.
The side quests are extremely well made with great writing and branching.
Potions are a necessity on higher difficulty levels. You only need to craft a potion once and you can refill it if you have enough alcohol present. Potions are upgradeable for stronger effects. Stronger potions will increase your toxicity more
Novigrad and No Man's Land are indeed one single map, much bigger than Skyrim. The isles of Skellige form the other big part of the game. Next to that, there are 5-6 other separated locations, including Kaer Morhen.
No enemy respawning or at the least not very frequently
Best items in the game must be crafted
They were very impressed with the story branching and how it is not always obvious. Correcting 'wrong' choices by saving/reloading will be very difficult if not impossible.
Contrary to BioWare games dialogue options are not good or bad, this you will have to figure out for yourselves.
They really liked the in-game card game Gwent, praising its design.
The game features two really big cities: Novigrad and Oxenfurt, both very lively.
The are of No Man's Land features 25 smaller towns, some of which are the size of Flotsam from The Witcher 2.
Geralt can rob people, although the system is too easy and feels a bit lacking.
Journalist (level 7) was one shotted by a wyvern (level 24). No level scaling.
Ciri sequences will be (in total) 5-10h and feel more like an action-adventure game than an RPG
Extra storage can be made by crafting saddle bags for your horse.
Many small details such as Roach stopping to eat apples from a basket
All equipped items are visible in-game on Geralt
Fist-fighting is back, this time no QTE
World never felt empty
Journalist didn't encounter any simple fetch quests

Technical

The HUD is fully customizable. Icons and quest markers on the map can also be deactivated. Audiovisual hints (e.g. people screaming for help) will be present if you wish to do so.
Journalist encountered no clone NPC's
Controller feels superior to keyboard+mouse.
The extremely annoying doors from The Witcher 2 are gone. Doors are now opened automatically, no button pressing. No loading times for entering buildings either.
Day 1 patch confirmed
Xbox One resolution will stay at 900p
Geralts beard will grow over time
Switching between controller and mouse (for menu's) is easy and fluid
Most impressive dynamic weather system in any game he has ever played
They encountered very few bugs, no crashes of freezes.
Ultra seems to have a big effect on the quality of vegetation and character models[
No slider for LOD
Visual gore more prominent than in The Witcher 2
Yeah, that makes me a tad irritated. I have to go out and buy a gamepad to play a game that has always been for PC first? Come on!