It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TencentInvestor: The GOG community is truly evil.
If this post is a meme / joke / troll, well played TENCENT INVESTOR.
TencentInvestor: truly evil.
Is that like chaotic evil, or does it encompass neutral evil, and lawful evil?
low rated
TencentInvestor: The GOG community is truly evil.
GreasyDogMeat: If this post is a meme / joke / troll, well played TENCENT INVESTOR.
I sincerely feel this way. Maybe some honest souls still bloom here like the pure Lotus flower blooms from muddy waters. But I haven't seen many people who defend common sense and human decency while most of you attack others for stating facts and speaking up against unfair treatment. CDP has done you more harm than China ever has and likely ever will. Leave China alone. The CDPR management is the real dystopian dictatorship here.
Post edited March 08, 2021 by TencentInvestor
GreasyDogMeat: If this post is a meme / joke / troll, well played TENCENT INVESTOR.
TencentInvestor: I sincerely feel this way. Maybe some honest souls still bloom here like the pure Lotus flower blooms from muddy waters. But I haven't seen many people who defend common sense and human decency while most of you attack others for stating facts and speaking up against unfair treatment. CDP has done you more harm than China ever has and likely ever will. Leave China alone. The CDPR management is the real dystopian dictatorship here.
I know we can't blame the entirety of China for this. I just blame the people behind the pulling of Devotion.
B1tF1ghter: [...]
What I said is, (unlike GOG) Valve has not lied to me (as their customer) ABOUT THEIR CORE PRINCIPLES.
[...]
amok: That;s becuase they never had any.
No duh. They didn't lie about that either.
TencentInvestor: CDP has done you more harm than China ever has and likely ever will. Leave China alone. The CDPR management is the real dystopian dictatorship here.
"Human decency"? Right, completely ignoring today's situation and history...

Linus Tech Tips - Chinese Steam Explained
BBC - What Chinese officials knew about coronavirus... and what they told the world

China (and communism as a whole) is responsible for more deaths than any other in the last 100 years:
https://scottmanning.com/content/communist-body-count/
https://www.heritage.org/asia/commentary/the-legacy-mao-zedong-mass-murder

ABC News - Billionaire entrepreneur missing after criticizing Chinese government
https://humanevents.com/2019/09/13/the-invisible-shackles-of-americas-social-credit-system/

Don't ever put CDP among these things! I know you're probably just working to get a better social score and trolling to get people to shift, but still...
TencentInvestor: Leave China alone.
What about Britney?
TencentInvestor: I sincerely feel this way. Maybe some honest souls still bloom here like the pure Lotus flower blooms from muddy waters. But I haven't seen many people who defend common sense and human decency while most of you attack others for stating facts and speaking up against unfair treatment. CDP has done you more harm than China ever has and likely ever will. Leave China alone. The CDPR management is the real dystopian dictatorship here.
There is a lot of hyperbole here, you know.

If you're saying direct harm, I'm not sure. The CCP's economic strategy is producing their goods extremely cheap so that everyone buys from them, breaking the industries in other countries and resulting in millions of workers unemployed. Pretty much exactly like Walmart underselling in an area until they close every mom and pop store nearby, except in an international scale. (So in that sense, it could be this harm happened to people farther from me and you're technically right for me... but still wrong for people elsewhere.)

If however I am to consider damage to a society I happen to be a part of, then no, sorry. Slavery and genocides are bad. I won't delve further because I don't see it fair to sidetrack this further into politics than it has already. PM me if you disagree with my points.

(BTW I agree with WeirdoGeek above. Chinese people? Mostly okay with them. The CCP? Bunch of assholes whose death will make the world a better place)

Hyperbole aside I agree that some people here appear to display an incredible... need... to defend anti-consumer practices just because they were perpetrated by their beloved "heroes". Apparently nothing they do is enough to take them off that pedestal.
Post edited March 08, 2021 by joppo
I also want to make a note here that I too think that GOGs behavior is unethical.
While that alone isn't enough to justify a boycott(many companies behave in a way I deem unethical), GOG is going against their own promises.
Therefore, GOG no longer a no-brainer for me and I will consider other options when buying game licenses in the future.

Number of games I bought elsewhere because of this: 1

Number of games I refrained from buying because of this: 1
Post edited March 08, 2021 by D3nshi
low rated
BASED China!

If anything, that's something I'd like to see more of: Billionaire leeches who grew rich at the expense of their underpaid workforce getting their comeuppance. First that guy grew filthy rich, then he complains about how the government should "Gib moar deregulations pls!" because even they consider the 996 system you're peddling a flagrant abuse of your workers. Seriously, Jack Ma can go rot in hell. He's a scumbag.
low rated
I want off the list. Far too often, the Devotion situation is used as an excuse for racism, and I do not want to be associated with it any further.
low rated
QueenAdrian: I want off the list. Far too often, the Devotion situation is used as an excuse for racism, and I do not want to be associated with it any further.
Ok, no problem, I have removed your name. I'm not sure what you mean by racism though. Do you mean in this thread, specifically?
high rated
QueenAdrian: I want off the list. Far too often, the Devotion situation is used as an excuse for racism, and I do not want to be associated with it any further.
While I respect your point of view and your decision, do note that this boycott and this thread doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Devotion. Some people boycott because of Devotion, others for other reasons. My boycott of GOG, for example, is not in any way related to the Devotion blunder, and I would not stop it even if GOG were to release Devotion tomorrow.
Post edited March 09, 2021 by mrkgnao
high rated
Seriously? You know most people know the difference between the CCP and the Chinese people right?...Are you sure you're not just hanging around Twitter too much?
high rated
Time4Tea: Ok, no problem, I have removed your name. I'm not sure what you mean by racism though. Do you mean in this thread, specifically?
I sure hope it's nothing like; Criticism against China = "sinophobic".
Because we've seen that trick before..

I want to believe, but in today's clown world...