It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'd like to report a slight bug:

Spoiler tags have to be on their own line, otherwise they don't work.

For instance:

[spoiler] This doesn't work [/spoiler]

[spoiler]
But this does
[/spoiler]

Also, when using the Ctrl+L hotkey, it puts a LOT of space between the tags.

Thanks for all your hard work! :)

P.S. One other really tiny thing:

Is there any way to make the quick reply button float to the right so on your own posts it shows up next to the edit button?
Post edited May 05, 2016 by A_Future_Pilot
A_Future_Pilot: Also, when using the Ctrl+L hotkey, it puts a LOT of space between the tags.
I think this is intentional, out of respect for those that do not use the script. So they will see a [spoiler] and will know to scroll a bit to avoid it instead of having the spoiler right below the tag.
A_Future_Pilot: Also, when using the Ctrl+L hotkey, it puts a LOT of space between the tags.
JMich: I think this is intentional, out of respect for those that do not use the script. So they will see a [spoiler] and will know to scroll a bit to avoid it instead of having the spoiler right below the tag.
Ah, that makes sense!
high rated
Barefoot Essentials Version 2.5 has been released, bringing wiki syncing back to Chrome :)

For some time Chrome hasn't been letting you sync your library/wishlist to GOGWiki due Chrome's new mixed-content security policies that they added. This became quite a problem when GOG switched to HTTPS throughout their site - no longer was there any way for Chrome users to sync up. This year I had been attempting to fix the problem with several workarounds. If only I'd spoken to Ubivis (the owner of GOGWiki) right from the start.

Today Ubivis saved the day by adding an SSL certificate to gogwiki.com. This means Barefoot Essentials can now communicate securely with the wiki without being blocked by browsers' policies.

The main change in this release of Barefoot Essentials is restoring Chrome users' ability to send their libraries/wishlists up to gogwiki, by using HTTPS://gogwiki.com instead of the old HTTP that Chrome's security policy had been blocking. The user script should arrive soon (Firefox doesn't block cross-scheme requests like Chrome so nothing was broken for them, but it's good to keep code parity) and Chrome extension users will most likely receive the update within the next hour, if they haven't already.

Fixing the wiki syncing was very important and long overdue - I'm very sorry for having kept you waiting for so long. Now that this is out of the way we can get back to adding some new features :)
Barefoot_Monkey:
Thank you!
Not using Chrome myself, but happy for those who do.
+1.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by mrkgnao
Barefoot_Monkey: truly good news!
Great! Just checked it and indeed it now works on Chrome. Thank you very much! :D
The wiki's down for a major upgrade at the moment. If all goes well it will be back soon, better than ever.
Barefoot_Monkey: The wiki's down for a major upgrade at the moment. If all goes well it will be back soon, better than ever.
Great news, I was worried why the sync didn't worked.
mrkgnao: Thank you!
Not using Chrome myself, but happy for those who do.
+1.
^This.
Cheers, Barefoot_Monkey, for all your hard work, very much appreciated.
Sorry if it was discussed or if i'm asking a dumb question, but is it possible to have a script that doesn't show downvoted threads greyed out (as if i already clicked on them)?
Cyraxpt: Sorry if it was discussed or if i'm asking a dumb question, but is it possible to have a script that doesn't show downvoted threads greyed out (as if i already clicked on them)?
From a quick glance at the page source code I think that the info GOG provides does not distinguish between visited threads and downvoted threads. A script would require another request to check if a thread was downvoted (and maybe it would fail to recognize if you had visited a downvoted thread)

Our resident GOG improvers might correct me or see a solution, of course.
Post edited June 07, 2016 by madth3
madth3: From a quick glance at the page source code I think that the info GOG provides does not distinguish between visisted threads and downvoted threads. A script would require another request to check if a thread was downvoted (and maybe it would fail to recognize if you had visited a downvoted thread)

Shame if it confirms, it's bothersome when the front page is a mix of visited pages with downvoted...
Just want to say thanks, Barefoot_Monkey, for all the work you put into this, it's very much appreciated!
madth3: From a quick glance at the page source code I think that the info GOG provides does not distinguish between visisted threads and downvoted threads. A script would require another request to check if a thread was downvoted (and maybe it would fail to recognize if you had visited a downvoted thread)

Cyraxpt: Shame if it confirms, it's bothersome when the front page is a mix of visited pages with downvoted...
I've been asked about this feature before for my script and madth is indeed correct, there is no way to distinguish an opened thread from a low rated one as everything happens server side and they use the same CSS. The only way to to make it work is to query every thread to check if the first poat is low rated and then keep a record of whether you've visited it or not, needless to say, that's quite difficult.

Unless Barefoot (who I presume is more knowledgeable than me in these areas) knows a better way I'm not sure it's possible...
Cyraxpt: Sorry if it was discussed or if i'm asking a dumb question, but is it possible to have a script that doesn't show downvoted threads greyed out (as if i already clicked on them)?
This is the request I get most often. It's a good suggestion, but it can't be done from the client side because of how the website treats downvoted threads (it doesn't just make them look like visited threads, but actually treats them as though they were visited).

I sent a request to support some time ago asking them to use a different css class for downvoted threads, and they said that they passed the suggestion to the web devs, so maybe the situation will change eventually, but for now there's nothing I can do.
Post edited June 07, 2016 by Barefoot_Monkey