It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just wanted to say thanks again for the forum links on game pages, comes very handy for posting changelogs. :-)
Quick request, if it's not too problematic. Would it be possible to include the option to have the "Hot topics" list on the Forum main page collapsed by default? I'd rather not even have that list display anymore, it depresses me too much these days.
IAmSinistar: Quick request, if it's not too problematic. Would it be possible to include the option to have the "Hot topics" list on the Forum main page collapsed by default? I'd rather not even have that list display anymore, it depresses me too much these days.
This might be something that adaliabooks could do, or help with, as he made the Favoured topics collapsible in AF.
HypersomniacLive: This might be something that adaliabooks could do, or help with, as he made the Favoured topics collapsible in AF.
Oh cool, thanks! Do you have a thread link where I could post this request?
IAmSinistar: Oh cool, thanks! Do you have a thread link where I could post this request?
Already did, my fiiend.
HypersomniacLive: Already did, my fiiend.
Smongo, thanks mate!
Thanks for talking to adaliabooks about that, Hyper. I probably won't get to add any new features into BE in the next week or so. I'll probably have some time after that to look into adding this feature, if adalia hasn't done it already by then.
Post edited August 24, 2016 by Barefoot_Monkey
high rated
It's alive!

Barefoot Essentials 2.9 is out, with a small new feature: Necro detection. Any post in the forum that is at least 30 days newer than the one before it will be clearly marked with the word "Necropost".

A necropost isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it can be helpful to be able to spot them easily.

Version 2.9.1 (that's 2.9 plus a quick bugfix) is already sent to both Google's Chrome Web Store and to GreasyFork, so everyone should soon receive the update automatically.
Post edited October 15, 2016 by Barefoot_Monkey
Nice new feature.
Somewhat ironically, the post in which you announce it is itself flagged as a necropost XD

Makes it that much easier to notice whether a thread is new or has been bumped.
adaliabooks: Somewhat ironically, the post in which you announce it is itself flagged as a necropost XD
IKR, it did give me a chuckle :)
Thanks for the new feature.

Would it be possible to have the thread itself be marked as necro-ed, so it can be easily identified as such without having to open it?
adaliabooks: Nice new feature.
Somewhat ironically, the post in which you announce it is itself flagged as a necropost XD

Makes it that much easier to notice whether a thread is new or has been bumped.
Well, I did employ a bit of the 'mancy here; no point in hiding it ;) Besides, what better place for a live demonstration XD

HypersomniacLive: Would it be possible to have the thread itself be marked as necro-ed, so it can be easily identified as such without having to open it?
'fraid not. There's no way to tell from outside the thread if it's been necro'd or has simply just been alive for a long time.
Barefoot_Monkey: [...]

'fraid not. There's no way to tell from outside the thread if it's been necro'd or has simply just been alive for a long time.
It's ok, thanks for the reply.
Barefoot_Monkey: Barefoot Essentials 2.9 is out
Version 2.9.1 (that's 2.9 plus a quick bugfix) is already sent to both Google's Chrome Web Store and to GreasyFork, so everyone should soon receive the update automatically.
This latest update seems to have broken your plugin for me and I got this long error message in the JavaScript error console in Chrome: see attached file (rename file from .jpg to .txt)
There may have been errors before, but now it just bails out for too many errors.

It could be the omissions of ";" at the end of the lines that is making the code ambiguous and results in the errors, but I don't know for sure.
Attachments:
When i saw the yellow "Necropost" label, i was genuinely surprised; "WTF, did GOG added new features?". Then i noticed the update notification popup, in the previous thread window i opened... Well, it looks neat! Many thanks for the new useful feature and for the time you took to improve the usabillity of the forum once again. ;)

ps. One question; if someone necroes a thread and he's reported so his post disappears (either by other folks or done deliberately by him to confuse the other users, as it was done before again & again), do we get the "Necropost" label on the next in line - and most possibly, legit - post?