It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Becoming a slightly different beast.

<span class="bold">Armello</span>, the digital tabletop/role-playing/strategy game, has now been updated and renamed to Armello - DRM Free Edition. It includes the latest fixes and updates, plus all these lovely animals who will eagerly stab each other with pointy things in order to become rulers of the land. Oh, and it's 25% off for six days!

This edition is a complete strategic experience and will keep receiving updates that are unrelated to DLCs or online features.

Here's what League of Geeks have to say about it (full version <span class="bold">here</span>):

"We want to ensure that whatever platforms Armello is on, we're providing the best experience that we possibly can. As Armello moves more and more into online services (like Steam inventory and more multiplayer features) and as we begin to roll out our plans for DLC, we've been working closely with GOG on an edition of Armello specific to GOG. [..]
We've had fantastic meetings with GOG about the future of Armello on the platform and although there's no way for us to provide DLC for DRM-Free users or to attempt to retain parity with the Steam version of Armello, Armello DRM-Free Edition will see features that best suit a DRM Free experience. [...]."

Get ready to join this new era of colorful animosity with <span class="bold">Armello DRM-Free Edition</span>, exclusively on GOG.com.
The 25% discount will last until September 5, 9:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/o4e5s28x7Ps
Post edited August 31, 2016 by maladr0Id
high rated
Vainamoinen: From their Kickstarter (April 2014):

Will Armello have IAPs (in-app purchases)...?

Yes! We’re building Armello to support future expansions and add-ons so we can keep bringing you new Heroes and new stories. If we can deliver new Quests, Card Packs, etc, we’ll make those available as in-app purchases too.
Vainamoinen: So of course ongoing support was planned, "even one year after release", they just never planned it to happen for all the platforms. :(
Wow. The exclamation mark following the "Yes" makes it like they are proud to feature in-app purchases.
Telika: My opinion is that GOG should have removed this game from their store. I fear this will become a standard (using DRM-free GOG half-versions as hooks for the DRMed Steam full versions).
Phc7006: That would be a bit extreme imho, in particular towards those who bought the game here, as de fact that means that should there be any further technical patch , these customers would not have access to it anymore .
Thing is, I'm not sure there would be a technical patch anyway. From what I understood, it's the full support for the GOG version that is ending. And unless I'm mistaken it wouldn't be the first and only game abandonned on GOG, patch-wise.

Not to mention the games that have been removed from the catalogue and that are still in our accounts.
high rated
Telika: So, basically, you can buy a fully functionnal, fully playable, DRM-free demo on GOG, but if you want the full game, you have to buy it with DRM on Steam.

My opinion is that GOG should have removed this game from their store. I fear this will become a standard (using DRM-free GOG half-versions as hooks for the DRMed Steam full versions).
And this is why people should care, even if they don't care about this specific game, the next one could be one they do.

tremere110: Hopefully enough bad press might pressure then into reconsidering their priorities.
I guess this* leaves no doubt about how much the devs care about the whole matter.

*Link posted by Hierosclito
deleted
high rated
Fairfox: Sooo basically: "If you don't likes it, just get a refund. Might lock thread if peeps don't like it, KTHNXBAI IMMA BUSY NAO."

lolz, terrible service.
They only care about the crowds that embrace, and will actively support DRM-ed IAP with their money, don't think it can get clearer than this.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: They only care about the crowds that embrace, and will actively support DRM-ed IAP with their money, don't think it can get clearer than this.
It can't. If they were willing to sell (yes, SELL) their DLC on GOG, GOG would be happy to even make the standalone installer for them.
high rated
well in the forum thread you posted, even steam users are rather upset at their attitude (because when devs start this way, who knows when they will go further in a way that concerns you as well ?)

btw, little joke:
"Due to market shift, we cannot maintain our tech support and compatible accessories release for our car model "MyCutyRide 500" in the european union, and we will focus on usa domestic market instead. The current legislation in EU makes it impossible for us to further test and look after the model "MyCutyRide 500" for any further discovered tech issue, would it be minor or lethal, or to keep designing and releasing compatible accessories for your greatest enjoyment of this model. We though promise we may check within end of next year if damages and casualties are at acceptable level and if we could thin their number slightly if this causes too much troruble around. To celebrate this wonderful and incredible change, we will rebrand the car model into "MyCuty-unsafeRide 500 turbo"... Basically, if any further tech issue would be discovered on this model sold in EU, you are screwed and on your own, we hope you won't get hurt too badly if said tech issue would cause accident, and we couldnt be held responsible for this. Also any new accessory (music player, connecting dock, etc) we would release in USA for true model MyCutyRide 500 would be made unusable on EU version even if plugs are the same... Oh this is such an happy day, ain't it ?
Post edited September 05, 2016 by Djaron
high rated
Hi, people.

@HypersomniacLive: hahaha, you´re totally rigth, they don´t care much, indeed

@Djaron: Yes, someone Steam users speak in their comments that any company with that attitude can abandon the version of STeam in the case they can market or more benefits in future with android tablets or iPad, like "dev. mercenaries" that forget their gamers of other platforms.

And in the last page (5) of that thread of Steam there are comments of Nyx, a user that appeared recently there and said that the dev. only explain about refund in topic of Steam forum. Good poin, the dev. should write the information at least here to inform to GOG people with the product.

Nyx is right about that fact, other error of LoG in the management of this situation.

By the way, Djaron, your joke illustrate good how strange is all this :D

See you.
WTF did i just read in the release thread are you out of your freaking mind GOG get this trash game off gog, either we get everything or nothing wow they are shafting us properly.
high rated
Phc7006: Indeed. In its post referred to above, the dev also admits that they had not expected they would still support their game 1 year after release. That also hints that the separate version for GOG will actually not receive any further (meaningful) support whereas the steam version will have its support paid by micro-transactions and other extra content.

As far as I am concerned, I'm neutral towards that provided the game is not broken as it is and is priced accordingly, Having no major interest in that game, i wouldn't buy it at anything but a sharply reduced price though. Also, I did not support them on kickstarter either , or my views would be different...
That would be a bit extreme imho, in particular towards those who bought the game here, as de fact that means that should there be any further technical patch , these customers would not have access to it anymore . As the conditions of selling licences on GOG is not public, it is also not clear whether GOG might or might not incur penalties for that...
Reading through what the dev said, it came across like they're simply trying to expand their revenue stream into a new as yet untapped market to milk some more ROI from the development of the game but without wanting to put any more actual effort into it than necessary. I got a distinct feeling that it falls into "games that treat GOG as second class citizens" territory for sure.

I'd steer clear not only of this game, but the developer entirely and not just on GOG but period.
Post edited September 05, 2016 by skeletonbow
Something funny just occurred to me, and I say it purely for the humour of it.

A few years ago when Omerta: City of Gangsters appeared on GOG, it showed up with DLC and the entire GOG community more or less went into a fit of outrage over DLC being present on GOG now, and that it was the sign of GOG going to hell in a handbasket. Fast-forward about 2.5 years if memory serves correct, and we can see the evolution of the GOG community embracing DLC to the fullest and going into outrage of a game coming to the store without its DLC. LOL

Not judging or anything like that, I'm neutral on DLC but I just thought the two scenarios were funny when it popped in my mind and thought you guys might get a laugh whether you like DLC or not. :)
high rated
Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you know that we will have an update for you regarding the situation with Armello. Please stay tuned tomorrow :)
JudasIscariot: Hi folks,

Just wanted to let you know that we will have an update for you regarding the situation with Armello. Please stay tuned tomorrow :)
Hope it's really good news this time :P
high rated
Skysect: Hope it's really good news this time :P
Maybe we'll get a letter from the M.D.. That's what normally happens after good news™. ;)
high rated
Bound to be the quality of GOG's normal Good News™