It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Becoming a slightly different beast.

<span class="bold">Armello</span>, the digital tabletop/role-playing/strategy game, has now been updated and renamed to Armello - DRM Free Edition. It includes the latest fixes and updates, plus all these lovely animals who will eagerly stab each other with pointy things in order to become rulers of the land. Oh, and it's 25% off for six days!

This edition is a complete strategic experience and will keep receiving updates that are unrelated to DLCs or online features.

Here's what League of Geeks have to say about it (full version <span class="bold">here</span>):

"We want to ensure that whatever platforms Armello is on, we're providing the best experience that we possibly can. As Armello moves more and more into online services (like Steam inventory and more multiplayer features) and as we begin to roll out our plans for DLC, we've been working closely with GOG on an edition of Armello specific to GOG. [..]
We've had fantastic meetings with GOG about the future of Armello on the platform and although there's no way for us to provide DLC for DRM-Free users or to attempt to retain parity with the Steam version of Armello, Armello DRM-Free Edition will see features that best suit a DRM Free experience. [...]."

Get ready to join this new era of colorful animosity with <span class="bold">Armello DRM-Free Edition</span>, exclusively on GOG.com.
The 25% discount will last until September 5, 9:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/o4e5s28x7Ps
Post edited August 31, 2016 by maladr0Id
high rated
MIK0: If the issue is that they won't allow DLC they can't check online (so DRM) then even with Galaxy they won't accomplish anything as it must stay DRM free.
That IS the issue, in a way. I'm not sure what the Galaxy alpha allows at this state, because I'd never install it, but indeed: supplying DLC only via the client when it's in a customer's account, that's DRM all right. But GOG, by their own solemn promise given in writing, would always supply standalone .exe DLC installers as well for people who don't use Galaxy.

This is what the Armello developers want to avoid. It's a clear cut "we don't intend to stand by our Kickstarter promises in any relevant capacity" situation right now.

Not that they gain anything by it. Not that their precious to-be-protected five day old DLC isn't out there pirated already. Not that I'd know for certain, not that I'd looked. I don't even know any pirate websites or would ever, ever use that douchebag way out. But it's the never changing rule.
Hi.

People of Steam is speaking too about why League of Geeks did it this with GOG version of Armello.

Answer of guy worker [LoG]:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/290340/discussions/0/350540973992434334/?ctp=3#c350540973995352209

O_o
Post edited September 04, 2016 by Hierosclito
Too bad, the game looks fun but I don't want to support this kind of dev behaviour, guess I'll remove the game from my wishlist.
high rated
So, basically, you can buy a fully functionnal, fully playable, DRM-free demo on GOG, but if you want the full game, you have to buy it with DRM on Steam.

My opinion is that GOG should have removed this game from their store. I fear this will become a standard (using DRM-free GOG half-versions as hooks for the DRMed Steam full versions).
Hierosclito: Hi.

People of Steam is speaking too about why League of Geeks did it this with GOG version of Armello.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/290340/discussions/0/350540973992434334/?ctp=3#c350540973995352209

O_o
The dev gave its ok to refund, so I belive the best course of action for the one that purchased the game here is ask for a refund and eventually use the money to repurchase the game on steam if they feel like it (or better elsewhere).
high rated
Hierosclito: Hi.

O_o
MIK0: The dev gave its ok to refund, so I belive the best course of action for the one that purchased the game here is ask for a refund and eventually use the money to repurchase the game on steam if they feel like it (or better elsewhere).
Of course they don´t resist to the request of refund. It´s only that surprise me the detachment of the dude. Hahaha, it is like.
"Well, our reputation is damaged but...guys! Guys! We are very reasonable with that. GOG users? Hahaha, let them request a refund! Now , sorry, but I must leave you, byeee! :) "

xD

More or less.

Like you said, League of Geeks pay their fault? Perfect. Then, less reputation, and less money to those devs. Other games in GOG* are waiting for me ^^

*Well, or in Steam to other players, freedom of choice of course.
Post edited September 04, 2016 by Hierosclito
high rated
Telika: My opinion is that GOG should have removed this game from their store. I fear this will become a standard (using DRM-free GOG half-versions as hooks for the DRMed Steam full versions).
Agreed, It feels like just as much of a stupid, anti-consumerist move for GOG to even sell this game in this deliberately broken, Steam shilling state as what LoG have done with the game itself.
high rated
Telika: My opinion is that GOG should have removed this game from their store. I fear this will become a standard (using DRM-free GOG half-versions as hooks for the DRMed Steam full versions).
ReynardFox: Agreed, It feels like just as much of a stupid, anti-consumerist move for GOG to even sell this game in this deliberately broken, Steam shilling state as what LoG have done with the game itself.
Either that, or they still do have hope to get the DLCs and patches at some point in the future.

But barring that, just the fact of not displaying a huge "WARNING THIS DEAD-END EDITION WILL BE INCOMPATIBLE WITH ALL FUTURE DLCs AND IMPROVEMENTS" on the game's page is a bit ethically questionable.
@Telika
@ReynardFox

Aprox. 150 votes agreed with both In Community Wishlist!
See you :D
high rated
of course they dont mind about the refund: so far, such refunds are coming from GOG pockets only, and i really dont know if/how GOG then ask LoG payback for GOG customers who requested them a legitimate refund.

So sure, i wouldnt mine someone else paying with his own money for my own crap and me getting away with murder with maniacal laughter.

I hope GOG will (if not already done) heavily load their business contracts with editors regarding terms for such cases. YOU drorp support for THIS store, then YOU are responsible for the refund asked.
high rated
Well, i have finally given-up completely on Armello.

Have just requested a refund via support ticket, so will see what GOG says tomorrow.
Vainamoinen: That IS the issue, in a way.
Indeed. In its post referred to above, the dev also admits that they had not expected they would still support their game 1 year after release. That also hints that the separate version for GOG will actually not receive any further (meaningful) support whereas the steam version will have its support paid by micro-transactions and other extra content.

As far as I am concerned, I'm neutral towards that provided the game is not broken as it is and is priced accordingly, Having no major interest in that game, i wouldn't buy it at anything but a sharply reduced price though. Also, I did not support them on kickstarter either , or my views would be different...
That would be a bit extreme imho, in particular towards those who bought the game here, as de fact that means that should there be any further technical patch , these customers would not have access to it anymore . As the conditions of selling licences on GOG is not public, it is also not clear whether GOG might or might not incur penalties for that...
Post edited September 04, 2016 by Phc7006
high rated
Phc7006: Indeed. In its post referred to above, the dev also admits that they had not expected they would still support their game 1 year after release.
From their Kickstarter (April 2014):
Will Armello have IAPs (in-app purchases)...?

Yes! We’re building Armello to support future expansions and add-ons so we can keep bringing you new Heroes and new stories. If we can deliver new Quests, Card Packs, etc, we’ll make those available as in-app purchases too.
So of course ongoing support was planned, "even one year after release", they just never planned it to happen for all the platforms. :(
high rated
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/remove_armello_drm_free_edition_from_the_catalog_please

Please leave a vote to get this inferior version removed from GOG.
Djaron: of course they dont mind about the refund: so far, such refunds are coming from GOG pockets only, and i really dont know if/how GOG then ask LoG payback for GOG customers who requested them a legitimate refund.
Uh no, the devs/LOG have clearly stated you're free to ask for a refund on GOG for Armello and they'll accept them, so GOG is not paying for them.

If anyone takes issue with that, how it was messaged, or maybe even just my stupid face, they're more than welcome to hit up GOG or Humble for a refund. We'll honour it, as always. :)
Post edited September 04, 2016 by Pheace