It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey adamhm!
I'm having a problem with your Swat4 wrapper.
When I run any of the bash scripts, I get this error:
[i]Current desktop resolution: 1920x1080
Detected 3 display output(s). Connected outputs:
DVI-0: 1920x1080
ERROR: Could not determine the primary display resolution.[/i]
Do you know a fix to this?
I'm running Linux Mint 19.
QuerkyBren: When I run any of the bash scripts, I get this error:
Looks like an unforeseen consequence of a fix I made recently for multi-monitor setups. I'll try to get a fix done tonight :) Also could you post the output of "xrandr -q" please?

Thanks
Just to confirm. Bioshock remastered works very weill with stock Wine+dxvk (32-bit). I used winelib dxvk for it (and started using winelib one in general now for all Wine+dxvk games, instead of dll version).

Dxvk Pipeline state cache takes some time to accumulate though, and until that happens there can be a lot of stutter. But over time, as you progress in the game it becomes more and more rare.
Post edited December 21, 2018 by shmerl
QuerkyBren: <snip>
It should work now, with the updated version :)
shmerl: Just to confirm. Bioshock remastered works very weill with stock Wine+dxvk (32-bit). I used winelib dxvk for it (and started using winelib one in general now for all Wine+dxvk games, instead of dll version).

Dxvk Pipeline state cache takes some time to accumulate though, and until that happens there can be a lot of stutter. But over time, as you progress in the game it becomes more and more rare.
Thank you for testing this, and for letting us know. :)
QuerkyBren: <snip>
adamhm: It should work now, with the updated version :)
Thanks, it's working now!
Do you have a wrapper for Far Cry, if not, can you make one?
I would suggest you to open a github / bitbucket repository, so it would be easier to access/find/update/contribute to all your wrappers
Unqou: I would suggest you to open a github / bitbucket repository, so it would be easier to access/find/update/contribute to all your wrappers
+1! Gitlab is probably a better idea than Github these days, given that MS owns the later.
I finally got around trying out your generic wrapper script, and it works fantastic!!

First I wrapped up KOTOR from GOG without issue.

Second, I wrapped up Drakensang off of a DVD, and it also worked without issue!

So much nicer than running a system wide WINE, not to mention that they are self contained, and can be tar'ed up and backed up.

Thanks again, you rock!
hummer010: So much nicer than running a system wide WINE
Why not use system wide Wine, as long as you keep it up to date? Games isolation happens usually through prefixes, not through Wine itself. I.e. you can make a prefix that you can easily back up, but Wine can remain a system package. Or you can use any custom Wine and still keep it decoupled.
Post edited December 25, 2018 by shmerl
shmerl: Why not use system wide Wine, as long as you keep it up to date? Games isolation happens usually through prefixes, not through Wine itself. I.e. you can make a prefix that you can easily back up, but Wine can remain a system package. Or you can use any custom Wine and still keep it decoupled.
Mainly it comes down to stability. Once I've got it working well with the various overrides and installs, by having it wrapped with a specific WINE version, I don't have to worry about some regression or change in WINE messing with the prefix. Typically, I'm wrapping older games, so there generally isn't any great benefit of running the latest and greatest anyways.

To some extent it's probably a relic of the pre-1.0 days, where every new version of WINE brought a bevy of regressions in various games.
hummer010: To some extent it's probably a relic of the pre-1.0 days, where every new version of WINE brought a bevy of regressions in various games.
Yeah, I stopped worrying about that a while ago already, and simply always try using the latest Wine. Plus, if any regression does happen, you won't be able to catch and report it, if you freeze your Wine version for each prefix. Commonly I get the opposite result though when using newer Wine - something is improving, like fixing of that messed up map in The Saboteur :)
Post edited December 26, 2018 by shmerl
The map issue with The Saboteur has been fixed at least since Wine 3.10- I updated its wrapper when I noticed that :)
adamhm: The map issue with The Saboteur has been fixed at least since Wine 3.10- I updated its wrapper when I noticed that :)
Sure, I noticed it just now because I haven't played the game in a long time :)
hummer010: I finally got around trying out your generic wrapper script, and it works fantastic!!

First I wrapped up KOTOR from GOG without issue.

Second, I wrapped up Drakensang off of a DVD, and it also worked without issue!

So much nicer than running a system wide WINE, not to mention that they are self contained, and can be tar'ed up and backed up.

Thanks again, you rock!
Wheres that? I'd like to use it for Far Cry.