It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adamhm: Wrappers are now available for (...) Clive Barker's Undying (...)
Thank you!! This game caused me some problems under Linux last time I tried it.
Tried Undying and it works flawlessly. I even played a little and remembered the fun I had when it first came out. Thanks for that.
ciemnogrodzianin: Thank you!! This game caused me some problems under Linux last time I tried it.
Yep, it could be a bit tricky, but I had no problems getting it to work as adamhm explained here. It's nice not having to worry about those details any more, though. :)

@adamhm: regarding Deus Ex you're offering two wrappers: deusex_wine.tar.xz and deusex_revision_wine.tar.xz. My library only contains the revision version, and it's all the more confusing by the fact that the script that expects the available download (setup_deus_ex_goty_1.112fm(revision_1.4.0.1.5)_(24946).exe) is the former, and not the latter as one might presume. Am I missing something, or it'd be enough with the first wrapper?

Also, your wrapper creator is checking for innoextract version >= 1.7, but these recently updated installers can only be extracted with v1.8, so you may wanna update the condition to >= 1.8.
muntdefems: @adamhm: regarding Deus Ex you're offering two wrappers: deusex_wine.tar.xz and deusex_revision_wine.tar.xz. My library only contains the revision version, and it's all the more confusing by the fact that the script that expects the available download (setup_deus_ex_goty_1.112fm(revision_1.4.0.1.5)_(24946).exe) is the former, and not the latter as one might presume. Am I missing something, or it'd be enough with the first wrapper?
The naming scheme for Deus Ex installers is a bit tricky:
_"setup_deus_ex_goty_1.112fm(revision_1.4.0.1.5)_(24946).exe" is for the vanilla game
_"setup_deus_ex_revision_1.112fm(revision_1.4.0.1.5)_(24946).exe" (+ .bin file) is for the game with the Revision mod
vv221: The naming scheme for Deus Ex installers is a bit tricky:
_"setup_deus_ex_goty_1.112fm(revision_1.4.0.1.5)_(24946).exe" is for the vanilla game
_"setup_deus_ex_revision_1.112fm(revision_1.4.0.1.5)_(24946).exe" (+ .bin file) is for the game with the Revision mod
Interesting... How can you obtain the Revision mod version? In my library I can only find the vanilla one.
vv221: The naming scheme for Deus Ex installers is a bit tricky:
muntdefems: Interesting... How can you obtain the Revision mod version? In my library I can only find the vanilla one.
It's below the main file, classed as DLC.
Attachments:
muntdefems: Interesting... How can you obtain the Revision mod version? In my library I can only find the vanilla one.
https://www.gog.com/game/deus_ex_revision
D'oh! I never realized it was a separate free product you had to "purchase". Thanks!
muntdefems: Also, your wrapper creator is checking for innoextract version >= 1.7, but these recently updated installers can only be extracted with v1.8, so you may wanna update the condition to >= 1.8.
Thanks for the report, that was done for some of the wrappers requiring 1.8 but the change wasn't applied to all of them for some reason... easy fix, all done now :)
adamhm: Thanks for the report, that was done for some of the wrappers requiring 1.8 but the change wasn't applied to all of them for some reason... easy fix, all done now :)
Nice, thanks!
Hey, any update on the Solider of Fortune 1 and 2 wrapper. I still can't get the game working on Linux and it is currently available on sale now.
cartoon49: Hey, any update on the Solider of Fortune 1 and 2 wrapper. I still can't get the game working on Linux and it is currently available on sale now.
I'll definitely be looking into making a wrapper for them at some point, but they will need a bigger discount before I consider buying them (in order to encourage more official Linux releases I generally don't consider buying Windows games until they're ~£5 or less).
Post edited December 14, 2018 by adamhm
I heard those have the classic/unremastered versions included as a bonus, is this true?
https://www.gog.com/game/bioshock_remastered
https://www.gog.com/game/bioshock_2_remastered

Those would be perfect for a wrapper.
Klumpen0815: I heard those have the classic/unremastered versions included as a bonus, is this true?
https://www.gog.com/game/bioshock_remastered
https://www.gog.com/game/bioshock_2_remastered

Those would be perfect for a wrapper.
Apparently, not yet, but they will. They're still working on it.
Klumpen0815: Those would be perfect for a wrapper.
Remastered ones should work with Wine+dxvk as well, but I'm still looking for some feedback on that.
Post edited December 17, 2018 by shmerl