Have you ever considered making a wrapper for Star Wars: Republic Commando?
I'll take a look at it at some point :)
Can I make a request for Mafia II? It has ratings from Gold to Garbage on the AppDB and I don't know how much of that is true or DRM related. If you're interested in giving it a try, I'll send you a gift code. Maybe the gog version will run better under wine than the Steam version?
I definitely intend to look into making a wrapper for it, but at its current price it's too much for a non-Linux game IMO (I limit how much I'm willing to spend on non-Linux games in order to encourage more official Linux releases).
Still, since you're offering, if you really want me to look into it sooner then you could send me a code & I'll have a look this weekend, but I can't make any guarantees about getting it working. (I still think it would be best to wait for a bigger discount though)
Especially since I just had a look at the new Freedom Force installer and it looks like I will not be able to update my wrapper for it :/
Previously the installer contents could simply be unpacked and moved into place, allowing my scripts to perform all the required setup steps to get them running... but now the contents appears to be obfuscated, with the installer containing a *ton* of directories & files like this (I notice that the filenames are the MD5 hash for each file):
- "tmp/bf/1c/bf1c5c56422645f9d4500140c2460ed1" (1.02 MiB)
- "tmp/25/e3/25e35dbaeeafaaafd347cd2c07d46329" (5.85 MiB)
- "tmp/82/55/82551b2b9beeb8ba4d7fa805c1588d3a" (42.6 KiB)
- "tmp/13/57/13572cce317bc4ef56349f7efaf19144" (141 KiB)
- "tmp/53/4c/534c4f4b866e9544b57c638f388623f3" (2.31 KiB)
- "tmp/0a/a7/0aa7e6ef2a032e4241e31a06e8f71aca" (1.33 MiB)
- "tmp/08/55/0855c34131bf6d3c7d33ccb905ac9a89" (11.1 KiB)
- "tmp/95/1a/951aa4ef73868c6ff0ec1f8fdec35736" (221 B)
- "tmp/0b/06/0b0684232d445bf9437705dcdf662320" (841 B)
- "tmp/b9/a6/b9a6695ff8bf5ba8a560bab5246ac654" (381 B)
(the app directory that usually contains the game files is mostly empty)
Edit: It looks like the contents are compressed separately within the installer (as the unpacked contents are not much bigger the installer itself), so innoextract cannot unpack them.
Edit 2: I also see that the new installer is about 40MB larger than the old one for some reason
Is anyone from GOG able to comment why this has been done?