It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Big changes are here.

My Account is the heart of your GOG.com experience. It's the one place that's 100% yours, and the place you always go to download your games and manage the entire library.
Starting today, your My Account is completely new - remade and redesigned from scratch to better support our growing library of games and many of your biggest requests. Aside from every usability fix we could think of, we've also introduced brand new tools to keep your library organised, and new social features to stay in touch with your friends.

The list of new features is long, but you can see the whole thing on our forums. The most important highlights include:

--Support for friends lists and chat.
--Shared wishlists.
--Advanced filtering and custom tags for your library.
--A new, detailed order history.
--Accessible game changelogs.

We're sure that these new changes will greatly improve your overall user experience on GOG.com, and we can't wait to hear what you think on the wishlist and right here in the comments!
DeMignon: Same here. Sending one chat message fixes the issue for me.
HypersomniacLive: Do you meant that the user is added to your contacts list or that the PMs history is also restored?
Sorry for the late reply. I got no notification.

I meant both. Once I send a chat message to one of the completely missing contacts, the member is added and all former PMs appear.

mrkgnao: A pity. I kind of liked having access to my wishlist from there for the day or two that this was possible.
Actually that's a good idea for a feature. Also the conversation option could be linked to the Chat page.
Post edited May 21, 2015 by DeMignon
high rated
DeMignon: Sorry for the late reply. I got no notification.

I meant both. Once I send a chat message to one of the completely missing contacts, the member is added and all former PMs appear.

[...].
Interesting.. should I try it? Mr MaGog said it did not work for him.

@mrkgnao
Was that person added to your contacts list but not the PM history, or did nth happen?

DeMignon: [...]

Also the conversation option could be linked to the Chat page.
Not sure I follow - where does that option link to now?
DeMignon: Sorry for the late reply. I got no notification.

[...].
HypersomniacLive: Interesting.. should I try it? Mr MaGog said it did not work for him.

@mrkgnao
Was that person added to your contacts list but not the PM history, or did nth happen?
He was added to my PM history and I to his, but neither of us got the PMs themselves back.
I have a theory that the missing conversations are those with many PMs in it.

DeMignon: [...]

Also the conversation option could be linked to the Chat page.
HypersomniacLive: Not sure I follow - where does that option link to now?
I believe DeMignon suggests that instead of "Start Conversation", the option for oneself would be "Go to Chat Page".
Post edited May 21, 2015 by mrkgnao
DProject: I haven't been really following General Discussion for a little while, so this has probably been asked several times already. Sorry about that. My account has had [1] next to it for days now, but if I go to my account, nothing's been updated nor have I missed any forum replies or anything like that. When will this be fixed and what is the cause of the issue?
sbolokanov: Check if you have new friend requests.
That wasn't it. When I go to the Friends tab, all it shows is "You haven't added anybody yet" in all caps.

Blood was updated between my last message and this, but even after I visited said game in the shelf, the [1] is still there. I'm at a loss what that number is trying to reference.
high rated
mrkgnao: He was added to my PM history and I to his, but neither of us got the PMs themselves back.
I have a theory that the missing conversations are those with many PMs in it.

[...]
I thought about this too, but I'm missing exchanges that fall under all possible categories, while some very lengthy ones surprisingly made it (have yet to check if every PM is still there for every one though).

mrkgnao: [...]

I believe DeMignon suggests that instead of "Start Conversation", the option for oneself would be "Go to Chat Page".
Ah yes, that makes sense; it's a good idea - provided, of course, that interacting with one's own avatar will return.
Aw man, so close to 1000 posts, almost reached the threshold where Judas thinks an issue is important enough to tell the rest of the gog team :p
Anyway, just wanted to say the new "my" account is still ugly, manual sorting is a must if you ever want me to buy anything here again, and I hate the "optional" galaxy client (not available for Linux) a little more every time I close the announcement that keeps reappearing above my library. Did I mention the new shelf looks ugly?
GOG.com: My Account is the heart of your GOG.com experience. It's the one place that's 100% yours,
Unless you want to choose the order your games are listen in, 'cause that's apparently too hard to do.
high rated
kero42: Aw man, so close to 1000 posts, almost reached the threshold where Judas thinks an issue is important enough to tell the rest of the gog team :p
Anyway, just wanted to say the new "my" account is still ugly, manual sorting is a must if you ever want me to buy anything here again, and I hate the "optional" galaxy client (not available for Linux) a little more every time I close the announcement that keeps reappearing above my library. Did I mention the new shelf looks ugly?
This may be of help.
kero42: Aw man, so close to 1000 posts, almost reached the threshold where Judas thinks an issue is important enough to tell the rest of the gog team :p
HypersomniacLive: This may be of help.
Much better, thanks a lot :)
high rated
And another bump for the list of wishlist entries regarding the recent changes to the account system:

* Games Collection *

Manual sorting

Keep or bring back manual sorting

Bring back game boxes in the game shelf

Bring back wood bookshelf library

Add an option to display all owned games on a single page in the user account

* Chat *

Necessary improvements and changes to make the current Chat system usable and user-friendly

Chat: Make sending a message with Enter configurable

Restore the old PM system
Oh, and GOG, don't forget to revert this awful capitalization. There's a reason why users use upper and lower case writing, especially with user names!
Post edited May 22, 2015 by DeMignon
Lemon_Curry: You just wait till the constant flow of friend updates start showing up.

Tarnicus is now playing with Tarnicus. :P
johnnygoging: damn good thing you can disable gameplay time tracking.
Ha ha!

Surely, you can't disable it on Steam (regardless of what they would have you believe). They're probably sharing all their spy webcam footage with Chatroulette.

----

By the way, thanks for the & r s q u o ; in the old PM's GOG.
Post edited May 23, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
high rated
As mentioned here, I had contacted GOG Support about the issues I'm experiencing with the migration of contacts and messages imported to the chat system.

I got a reply earlier today stating that GOG has done further work on the chat system. Whatever this "further work" was, none of my issues was fixed, unfortunately. In the meantime, the count of my definitely missing contacts has climbed to 34, and I fear that as time passes, I'm going to discover even more.

Not happy with the situation, to say the least.

Others facing the same issues may want to recheck their contacts and see if anything has changed for them.
I haven't noticed anybody mention this, but styles/themes are back.

E: well, they're nothing special, basically change of colour and or texture of the shelves.
Post edited May 25, 2015 by InkPanther
How slim are the chances GOG will fix any of this?