It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like:Chrome,Firefox,Internet Explorer orOpera

arrow-down2arrowcart2close4fat-arrow-leftfat-arrow-rightfeedbackfriends2happy-facelogo-gognotificationnotifications-emptyownedremove-menusad-facesearch2wishlist-menuwishlisted2own_thingsheartstartick
Astros lead the Yankees 2 to 0 in the bottom of the 5th inning..... looking more and more like the home team will hold serve in all 7 games of this series.

4-0 into the bottom of the 6th now.... Yankees only have 3 more at-bats left... 7th, 8th, and 9th innings.... looking more and more now like it's going to be the BenKii Astros vs the zeogold Dodgers in the World Series and a shot to win the $50 in games from GoG.

AND IT'S OVER. THE ASTROS ARE THE AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS AND WILL FACE THE NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPION DODGERS IN THE 2017 WORLD SERIES.
Post edited 15 hours ago by OldFatGuy
And we have our two finalists that will compete in the 2017 GoG World Series as the BenKii Astros defeated the drmike Yankees tonight 4-0 to win the American League Championship. They will take on the National League Champion zeogold Dodgers in the best 4 out of 7 series for the prize of $50 of GoG games. Good luck to both BenKii and zeogold.

The World Series begins Tuesday, Oct 24 in Los Angeles. Game 1, 2, and 6 and 7 (if necessary) will be played in Los Angeles while games 3, 4, and 5 (If necessary) will be played in Houston.

2017 MLB WORLD SERIES

BEST 4 OUT OF 7

BenKii Astros 0 games to zeogold Dodgers 0 games

Game 1: - Oct 24, Time TBD
Game 2: - Oct 25, Time TBD
Game 3: - Oct 27, Time TBD
Game 4: - Oct 28, Time TBD
Game 5: - if necessary - Oct 29, Time TBD
Game 6: - if necessary - Oct 31, Time TBD
Game 7: - if necessary - Nov 1, Time TBD

AMERICAN LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES: (Best 3 out of 5 games)

BenKii Astros DEFEAT VampiroAlhazred Red Sox 3 GAMES TO 1 GAME

GAME 1 FINAL: Benkii Astros 8 - VampiroAlhazred Red Sox 2
GAME 2 FINAL: Benkii Astros 8 - VampiroAlhazred Red Sox 2 (not a typo, same score as game 1)
GAME 3 FINAL: VampiroAlhazred Red Sox 10 - BenKii Astros 3
GAME 4 FINAL: BenKii Astros 5 - VampiroAlhazred Red Sox 4.

drmike Yankees DEFEAT gogtrial34987 Indians 3 GAMES TO 2 GAMES

GAME 1 FINAL: gogtrial34987 Indians 4 - drmike Yankees 0.
GAME 2 FINAL: gogtrial34987 Indians 9 - drmike Yankees 8.
GAME 3 FINAL: drmike Yankees 1 - gogtrial34987 Indians 0.
GAME 4 FINAL: drmike Yankees 7 - gogtrial34987 Indians 3.
GAME 5 FINAL: drmike Yankees 5 - gogtrial34987 Indians 2.

AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (Best 4 out of 7)

BenKii Astros DEFEAT drmike Yankees 4 GAMES TO 3 GAMES

GAME 1 FINAL: BenKii Astros 2 - drmike Yankees 1.
GAME 2 FINAL: BenKii Astros 2 - drmike Yankees 1. (again, no typo, same score as G1)
GAME 3 FINAL: drmike Yankees 8 - BenKii Astros 1.
GAME 4 FINAL: drmike Yankees 6 - BenKii Astros 4.
GAME 5 FINAL: drmike Yankees 5 - BenKii Astros 0.
GAME 6 FINAL: BenKii Astros 7 - drmike Yankees 1.
GAME 7 FINAL: BenKii Astros 4 - drmike Yankees 0.

NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES: (Best 3 out of 5 games)

zeogold Dodgers DEFEAT adaliabooks Diamondbacks 3 GAMES TO 0 GAMES

GAME 1 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 9 - adaliabooks Diamondbacks 5.
GAME 2 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 8 - adaiabooks Diamondbacks 5.
GAME 3 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 3 - adaliabooks Diamondbacks 1.

scryba Cubs DEFEAT ariaspi Nationals 3 GAMES TO 2 GAMES

GAME 1 FINAL: scryba Cubs 3 - ariaspi Nationals 0.
GAME 2 FINAL: ariaspi Nationals 6 - scryba Cubs 3.
GAME 3 FINAL: scryba Cubs 2 - ariaspi Nationals 1.
GAME 4 FINAL: ariaspi Nationals 5 - scryba Cubs 2.
GAME 5 FINAL: scryba Cubs 9 - ariaspi Nationals 8.

NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (Best 4 games out of 7)

zeogold Dodgers DEFEAT scryba Cubs 4 GAMES to 1 GAME

GAME 1 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 5 - scryba Cubs 2.
GAME 2 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 4 - scryba Cubs 1.
GAME 3 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 6 - scryba Cubs 1.
GAME 4 FINAL: scryba Cubs 3 - zeogold Dodgers 2.
GAME 5 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 11 - scryba Cubs 1.
Even if neither of my picks counted on a technicality, I called the two finalists.
For those of you who don't normally follow baseball, time for some perspective!

At the beginning of the season, the odds of the Houston Astros making it to the World Series were roughly the same as your odds of winning the Lottery and getting hit by lightening on the SAME DAY! :P

And on a side note.
The Houston Astros are the only team in MLB history to represent both leagues in the World Series.
Post edited 7 hours ago by tinyE
OldFatGuy: AND IT'S OVER. THE ASTROS ARE THE AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS AND WILL FACE THE NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPION DODGERS IN THE 2017 WORLD SERIES.
Yay! I knew the Astros could do it. Now let's see if they can take on the Dodgers. Best of luck to zeogold. May the best team win.
OldFatGuy: AND IT'S OVER. THE ASTROS ARE THE AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS AND WILL FACE THE NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPION DODGERS IN THE 2017 WORLD SERIES.
BenKii: Yay! I knew the Astros could do it. Now let's see if they can take on the Dodgers. Best of luck to zeogold. May the best team win.
FYI zeo doesn't know shit about baseball. :P

When this thread started he PMd me and said he was taking his home town Giants. When I informed him they had the worst record in the game and had already been eliminated from the playoffs, he asked me for help. I told him go Dodger Blue. :D
BenKii: Yay! I knew the Astros could do it. Now let's see if they can take on the Dodgers. Best of luck to zeogold. May the best team win.
tinyE: FYI zeo doesn't know shit about baseball. :P

When this thread started he PMd me and said he was taking his home town Giants. When I informed him they had the worst record in the game and had already been eliminated from the playoffs, he asked me for help. I told him go Dodger Blue. :D
That makes 2 of us cause I don't know much about baseball either. I picked the Houston Astros because the name sounded cool and thought it would be nice if the city hit by Hurricane Harvey were to win. I do plan to watch the World Series and try to understand it and get into the game.