It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Second year in a row we get a Game 7 in the World Series. Will it be as great as last year?

Either way, this is two straight years the World Series has been awesome. I still want the Astros to win, but even for the legendary Dodgers it has been 29 years since their last championship.
Post edited November 01, 2017 by MajicMan
This is a REAL magazine from 2014, my hand to god.

I am guessing the guy who wrote the story was chased out of town for being nothing short of a loon. Most people won't get how insane this is. Baseball fans will shit. They'll pause to reflect. And then they will shit again.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/10464218_10154263320520431_6241616349984624771_n.jpg?w=1000

To put it in perspective, this would be like a magazine today predicting the US winning the 2022 World Cup.

Actually, wait, I take that back. Let me change it.

This would be like a magazine today predicting ME winning the 2022 World Cup.
Post edited November 02, 2017 by tinyE
tinyE: This is a REAL magazine from 2014, my hand to god.

I am guessing the guy who wrote the story was chased out of town for being nothing short of a loon. Most people won't get how insane this is. Baseball fans will shit. They'll pause to reflect. And then they will shit again.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/10464218_10154263320520431_6241616349984624771_n.jpg?w=1000

To put it in perspective, this would be like a magazine today predicting the US winning the 2022 World Cup.

Actually, wait, I take that back. Let me change it.

This would be like a magazine today predicting ME winning the 2022 World Cup.
Yup.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread one of the reasons I wanted the Astros to win was because of how they built the team. This article was a good read in SI. But if you followed the organization and paid attention to what they were doing when they had three consecutive 100-plus loss seasons, it is hard to root against them.
And the Astros are the 2017 World Series Champions!

Stunning neither Kershaw nor Verlander could win Games 5 or 6, but man did Yu Darvish get crushed in this series. A shame, as he is a really good pitcher. Plus he was a Ranger and goes 0-2 in the Series only to see the title go to Texas.
AND WE HAVE WINNERS!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO Benkii and Bler144. You have each won $50 worth of GoG games. You can use these funds whenever you like. Simply hit me up with chat, let me know the games, and I'll get back at you with a code.

The Houston Astros defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers tonight 5-1 to win the 2017 Major League Baseball World Series and make BenKii and Bler144 winners of this contest.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!

REMINDER TO BenKii and Bler144: These funds do not expire (unless i do LOL). You can spend them all today, some today some next week some next year, etc. etc. You can wait and take advantage of sales or you can go on a one time spending spree. YOUR WINNINGS YOUR CHOICE

2017 MLB WORLD SERIES

BEST 4 OUT OF 7

BenKii/Bler144 Astros DEFEAT zeogold Dodgers 4 GAMES TO 3 GAMES

GAME 1 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 3 - BenKii Astros 1.
GAME 2 FINAL: BenKii Astros 7 - zeogold Dodgers 6.
GAME 3 FINAL: BenKii Astros 5 - zeogold Dodgers 3.
GAME 4 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 6 - BenKii Astros 2.
GAME 5 FINAL: BenKii Astros 13 - zeogold Dodgers 12.
GAME 6 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 3 - BenKii Astros 1.
GAME 7 FINAL: BenKii Astros 5 - zeogold Dodgers 1.

AMERICAN LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES: (Best 3 out of 5 games)

BenKii Astros DEFEAT VampiroAlhazred Red Sox 3 GAMES TO 1 GAME

GAME 1 FINAL: Benkii Astros 8 - VampiroAlhazred Red Sox 2
GAME 2 FINAL: Benkii Astros 8 - VampiroAlhazred Red Sox 2 (not a typo, same score as game 1)
GAME 3 FINAL: VampiroAlhazred Red Sox 10 - BenKii Astros 3
GAME 4 FINAL: BenKii Astros 5 - VampiroAlhazred Red Sox 4.

drmike Yankees DEFEAT gogtrial34987 Indians 3 GAMES TO 2 GAMES

GAME 1 FINAL: gogtrial34987 Indians 4 - drmike Yankees 0.
GAME 2 FINAL: gogtrial34987 Indians 9 - drmike Yankees 8.
GAME 3 FINAL: drmike Yankees 1 - gogtrial34987 Indians 0.
GAME 4 FINAL: drmike Yankees 7 - gogtrial34987 Indians 3.
GAME 5 FINAL: drmike Yankees 5 - gogtrial34987 Indians 2.

AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (Best 4 out of 7)

BenKii Astros DEFEAT drmike Yankees 4 GAMES TO 3 GAMES

GAME 1 FINAL: BenKii Astros 2 - drmike Yankees 1.
GAME 2 FINAL: BenKii Astros 2 - drmike Yankees 1. (again, no typo, same score as G1)
GAME 3 FINAL: drmike Yankees 8 - BenKii Astros 1.
GAME 4 FINAL: drmike Yankees 6 - BenKii Astros 4.
GAME 5 FINAL: drmike Yankees 5 - BenKii Astros 0.
GAME 6 FINAL: BenKii Astros 7 - drmike Yankees 1.
GAME 7 FINAL: BenKii Astros 4 - drmike Yankees 0.

NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES: (Best 3 out of 5 games)

zeogold Dodgers DEFEAT adaliabooks Diamondbacks 3 GAMES TO 0 GAMES

GAME 1 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 9 - adaliabooks Diamondbacks 5.
GAME 2 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 8 - adaiabooks Diamondbacks 5.
GAME 3 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 3 - adaliabooks Diamondbacks 1.

scryba Cubs DEFEAT ariaspi Nationals 3 GAMES TO 2 GAMES

GAME 1 FINAL: scryba Cubs 3 - ariaspi Nationals 0.
GAME 2 FINAL: ariaspi Nationals 6 - scryba Cubs 3.
GAME 3 FINAL: scryba Cubs 2 - ariaspi Nationals 1.
GAME 4 FINAL: ariaspi Nationals 5 - scryba Cubs 2.
GAME 5 FINAL: scryba Cubs 9 - ariaspi Nationals 8.

NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (Best 4 games out of 7)

zeogold Dodgers DEFEAT scryba Cubs 4 GAMES to 1 GAME

GAME 1 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 5 - scryba Cubs 2.
GAME 2 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 4 - scryba Cubs 1.
GAME 3 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 6 - scryba Cubs 1.
GAME 4 FINAL: scryba Cubs 3 - zeogold Dodgers 2.
GAME 5 FINAL: zeogold Dodgers 11 - scryba Cubs 1.
Post edited November 02, 2017 by OldFatGuy
Congrats to Bler and BenKii! Heh, now I don't feel so bad about that 0.2 second claim on the Dodgers I stole. Thanks to OldFatGuy for holding such an amazingly generous giveaway!
I greatly appreciate the generosity, but I will have to decline.

+1 for the gesture and the GA!
OldFatGuy: AND WE HAVE WINNERS!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO Benkii and Bler144. You have each won $50 worth of GoG games. You can use these funds whenever you like. Simply hit me up with chat, let me know the games, and I'll get back at you with a code.

The Houston Astros defeated the Los Angeles Dodgers tonight 5-1 to win the 2017 Major League Baseball World Series and make BenKii and Bler144 winners of this contest.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!

REMINDER TO BenKii and Bler144: These funds do not expire (unless i do LOL). You can spend them all today, some today some next week some next year, etc. etc. You can wait and take advantage of sales or you can go on a one time spending spree. YOUR WINNINGS YOUR CHOICE
Wow! I can't believe the Astros won. I watched the 7 games and it was back and forth with the score up until the end. I now have a new appreciation for baseball. Thank you OldFatGuy. I'd like to wait on redeeming the prize until the next sale when more of my wishlist might go on sale. Thanks again. :D
tinyE: I am guessing the guy who wrote the story was chased out of town for being nothing short of a loon. Most people won't get how insane this is. Baseball fans will shit.
For one day, he's the smartest person on Earth. Incredible prediction.

Really great Series. Absolute pleasure to watch.

Last, congrats to the winners, and thanks for the fun and generous contest, OFG!
tinyE: I am guessing the guy who wrote the story was chased out of town for being nothing short of a loon. Most people won't get how insane this is. Baseball fans will shit. They'll pause to reflect. And then they will shit again.
They're rubbing it in now:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/world-series-houston-astros-sports-illustrated-cover-prediction-2014-photo-cool-gif-tweet-2017
tinyE: I am guessing the guy who wrote the story was chased out of town for being nothing short of a loon. Most people won't get how insane this is. Baseball fans will shit. They'll pause to reflect. And then they will shit again.
drmike: They're rubbing it in now:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/world-series-houston-astros-sports-illustrated-cover-prediction-2014-photo-cool-gif-tweet-2017
It's all a fix, we know sports are rigged. This is even more blatant than the Black Sox scandal!

EDIT: I know Ben wrote the article, but the real genius is the editor who 99.99% chance is the person who wrote the headline. Editors are the ones who write the headlines and layout/design the cover and each page.
Post edited November 02, 2017 by MajicMan
Nice to see that this kept on being exciting right till the end. Congrats to BenKii on the win, and once again thank you, OldFatGuy, for an amazing giveaway!