It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

OK, I'm going to be completely honest here.
I'm looking for a mod that gives the Hintbook at the very beginning of the game, I can't seem to get the one of NMA working. Can someone point me in the right direction?
10 pages in this sticky, im a bit lost.
Just bought FO2, never played it before (only FO years ago, and 126 hours of FO3 year edition).

For a first time play, should i DL something before starting or is it good enought to play it in its vanilla state?
I will play it on a WIN7-32 computer BTW.

thanks in advance.
Post edited September 05, 2012 by ori_b
ori_b: 10 pages in this sticky, im a bit lost.
Just bought FO2, never played it before (only FO years ago, and 126 hours of FO3 year edition).

For a first time play, should i DL something before starting or is it good enought to play it in its vanilla state?
I will play it on a WIN7-32 computer BTW.

thanks in advance.
Downloading unofficial patch is highly recommended, since it fixes a shitload of bugs (over 1000). Other than that, high resolution patch, if you just can't tolerate 640x480.
Quick question -

I've set up Fallout 2 with the latest version of sfall. Unfortunately with sfall installed, the game's framerate is quite low and it runs very choppily. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Removing sfall brings things back to normal (except for the crazy colour corruption).
themendios: Fallout1 had a nice 'Ultimate Install' rar which was a bunch of stuff together as well as a nice recent post from BrotherNone, in the interest of making this one less confusing, this is all you need, in this order: killap's patch Restoration Project Both of these are giant game improvements and probably all you need, and they're all Windows Installers to boot -- the highres/engine patch is installed with Restoration. When you first boot up FO2 (after unchecking 'run in 256 colors'), go to Options and 'SCRN' button, notice there are 2 tabs, make sure the 2 match up resolutions and then restart the game. Note that few resolutions are listed, if you press the up/down arrows by the actual resolution textboxes in either tab you can get many more resolutions than are displayed. In FO1 I had nothing in the list, in this one I only have 3. In both though I used an unlisted resolution with 16 bit color and it works fine. I do not recommend matching your monitor resolution, I have a 1600 x 900 display and play the game at 1000x600 and it looks way better than it does at full res. EDIT: I had MegaMod but it made my savegames garbage literally half the time and all the quests etc were different it was just too much, don't recommend it unless you like doing the Temple of Trials a few dozen times when your save fries and/or know what you're doing.
Forum documentation indicates that The Restoration Project includes Killap's Patch. Is this not the case or is there some reason to install just the patch first?
Post edited October 21, 2012 by rawmilk905
I started a game before downloading the patch, do I have to start over to get the full benefit of the patch?
Hi there,

what would you recommend as a first game mod? Is there any compilation of unofficial patches and high-res, and content restoration like FIXT? I want to get the experience closest to the original game, nothing new feature added.

Thanks!
HTBites: Hi there,

what would you recommend as a first game mod? Is there any compilation of unofficial patches and high-res, and content restoration like FIXT? I want to get the experience closest to the original game, nothing new feature added.

Thanks!
I wold just go with the highres patch, unofficial patches and the patch that fixes the speed of map movement. Thats the closest you can get to playing fallout on P1 machine back in the day it was released.
Can anyone post a screencap of what their game looks like after the high resolution patch? maybe I'm misunderstanding it but I thought it would expand the "map" to fill the whole screen.
Hi everyone,
I made a search in this thread, but it seems no one is talking about the mac version of fallout2...(if I misses that, please point me to it, thanks)

I have question: how can I install a patch on a mac? How can I use the .exe file?

Thank you :)
First I installed the unofficial patch. That one broke the graphics of the game, making them all distorted. Then I downloaded the high res patch, which refused to enable. After downloading the restoration patch, the high res patch finally agreed to enable, but it broke the game so hard it only shows the game on one third of the screen and everything is purple.

Edit: Made it work, nevermind.
Post edited March 25, 2013 by stressthesky
playing FO2 on my mac and have been looking for some save game editors that run on lion or snow leopard. does anybody know of any?
thanks trying some of the modes out
I would like to request an update to the main post, as there are dead links and updates.
vulchor: I would like to request an update to the main post, as there are dead links and updates.
You should contact GOG staff/support directly as I doupt they have time to check every post in the forums. PM'ing Rysa might not work as he is no longer listed as part of GOG staff (wether or not the list is up to date, I've no idea).

To speed things up, you should provide them working links so they won't have to hunt them down.
Post edited May 13, 2013 by Petrell