It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If anyone wants to avoid fully copying the MPQ files on Windows with a GOG installed D1 this script should work when run in an admin command prompt to link the original files. It assumes the script is run from the DevilutionX folder and that it was unzipped as a child of the Diablo base folder. Ex: your path to Diablo is "<path to gog games>\Diablo\ and DevilutionX is "<path to gog games>\Diablo\DevilutionX"

Script for cmd run as administrator:

mklink DIABDAT.MPQ ..\DIABDAT.MPQ
mklink hellfire.mpq ..\hellfire\hellfire.mpq
mklink hfmonk.mpq ..\hellfire\hfmonk.mpq
mklink hfmusic.mpq ..\hellfire\hfmusic.mpq
mklink hfvoice.mpq ..\hellfire\hfvoice.mpq
syklonic: If anyone wants to avoid fully copying the MPQ files on Windows with a GOG installed D1 this script should work when run in an admin command prompt to link the original files. It assumes the script is run from the DevilutionX folder and that it was unzipped as a child of the Diablo base folder. Ex: your path to Diablo is "<path to gog games>\Diablo\ and DevilutionX is "<path to gog games>\Diablo\DevilutionX"

Script for cmd run as administrator:

mklink DIABDAT.MPQ ..\DIABDAT.MPQ
mklink hellfire.mpq ..\hellfire\hellfire.mpq
mklink hfmonk.mpq ..\hellfire\hfmonk.mpq
mklink hfmusic.mpq ..\hellfire\hfmusic.mpq
mklink hfvoice.mpq ..\hellfire\hfvoice.mpq
Recent version of DevilutionX now autodetects the GOG installation, so this shouldn't be required. Was that not the case for you?
dcthenew52: Is Devilution X better than Diabloe GOG with Beelzebub mod or Tchernobog mod?
Anders_Jenbo: That depends i guess, if you want to run in on xbox/playstation/linux/mac/handheld/mobile then DevilutionX wins. If you want something that expands on the gameplay then Beelzebub/Techernobog wins. They both have many of the same improvements, Beelzebub/Techernobog has better lighting, DevilutionX has broader support and is closer to the original.
My recommendation would be to try both.
Thank you. xD
This mod is awesome!

I have a question, though. Is there any way to run DevilutionX alongside GOG Galaxy so it logs my playtime?
Ikarugamesh: I have a question, though. Is there any way to run DevilutionX alongside GOG Galaxy so it logs my playtime?
The only working way is to install the default Diablo and the source port in separate folders and then add a custom executable from the source port folder in GOG Galaxy.
woudn't replacing the original .exe also work?