It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KillingMachine: Yes, this particular mod moved both Adria and her hut to a location near where the town portal appears. It was optional and could be toggled on and off via a config file. I found it nice for multiplayer more than anything so that some players didn't have to make as far of a trek away from the rest of the group while doing business in town.
Anders_Jenbo: We could make it so that she spawns based on the tiles and not a hardcoded location. But for some odd reason the mod renamed the level from levels\towndata\sector2s.dun, levels\towndata\sector2l.dun (maybe this was there way of switching between the feature on/off). But if you rename extract file from the MPQ and rename the level to the correct name then it should load just fine in DevilutionX
I don't know the specifics of how the mod worked, but it did a bit more than just move Adria and her hut. When it was enabled, the area where her hut normally would be located was also sealed off and made unreachable by removing the bridges. I believe some of the graphics were edited to make things fit nicely. If Celia and the Theo quest were enabled, she was also relocated due to her original location being sealed off. Maybe a combination of those things has something to do with their reason for the renaming?
I tried this mod and eh well, I have a question. Has the duping featu... bug been, like fixed?
Penniegrim: I tried this mod and eh well, I have a question. Has the duping featu... bug been, like fixed?
yes
Penniegrim: I tried this mod and eh well, I have a question. Has the duping featu... bug been, like fixed?
qndel: yes
Aw, that was half the fun with the game. Not so fun in MP perhaps, but I never bothered with that. Well, TY for answering.
Penniegrim: Aw, that was half the fun with the game.
I never found it particularly fun trying to avoid that bug, and am glad to see it fixed. Over the years, I lost a few nice items to the duplication bug converting them into stacks of a few gold pieces. Avoiding it isn't that hard once the triggering condition is understood, but even with a good understanding of it, the bug requires a bit of care to avoid accidental use while moving and managing items.
Hi,

I took a look at Devilution because in the Infernity Discord some people said Devilution allows all quests in multiplayer. But I couldn't find that feature on the feature list (or explicitly in the changelog). Does this mod allow all quests in multiplayer?

Is there an option to enable XP sharing for MP, so people do not have to stay together to keep the same level?

Thanks in advance!
double post, sorry
Post edited June 23, 2022 by ChiefBigFeather
ChiefBigFeather: allows all quests in multiplayer
That is being worked on for 1.5.0
ChiefBigFeather: Is there an option to enable XP sharing for MP
No, but I think there might be a mod that does
qndel: yes
Penniegrim: Aw, that was half the fun with the game. Not so fun in MP perhaps, but I never bothered with that. Well, TY for answering.
Devilution X 1.4.0 has an item stash at Gillian. Since the character and stash are separate save files, you can imagine how easy it is to duplicate things with some manual backup and restore of the files.

I am fine with it, for singleplayer tinkering that is :)
It runs great but i have issues with mostly the resolution settings. When i use the desktop resolution the UI is too small so a fix online for now was lower your resolution. The weird thing is that when I do that it looks like it doesn't work. The only thing that i can see changing is widerscreen or not. The UI stays the same and no matter the resolution I get the same view area as well. Vsynch also doesn't look like it works? Any ideas?
xxxIndyxxx: It runs great but i have issues with mostly the resolution settings. When i use the desktop resolution the UI is too small so a fix online for now was lower your resolution. The weird thing is that when I do that it looks like it doesn't work. The only thing that i can see changing is widerscreen or not. The UI stays the same and no matter the resolution I get the same view area as well. Vsynch also doesn't look like it works? Any ideas?
Do you have "Integer scaling" enabled? Depending on your monitor this will severely limit the number of effective resolutions. For example if you monitor is 1440x900 then the game will only fit 1x so all resolutions will give you the same end result. 1920x1080 can fit 2x, 2560x1400 3x and you would have to go all the way up to 4k just to have 4 integer scaled options.
xxxIndyxxx: It runs great but i have issues with mostly the resolution settings. When i use the desktop resolution the UI is too small so a fix online for now was lower your resolution. The weird thing is that when I do that it looks like it doesn't work. The only thing that i can see changing is widerscreen or not. The UI stays the same and no matter the resolution I get the same view area as well. Vsynch also doesn't look like it works? Any ideas?
Anders_Jenbo: Do you have "Integer scaling" enabled? Depending on your monitor this will severely limit the number of effective resolutions. For example if you monitor is 1440x900 then the game will only fit 1x so all resolutions will give you the same end result. 1920x1080 can fit 2x, 2560x1400 3x and you would have to go all the way up to 4k just to have 4 integer scaled options.
whatever setting now work, it works :D playing at 640x480 (i think), it looks zoomed out enough and no ui issues with this so I am happy. Would still love a middle ground but maybe for a future update :D
Anders_Jenbo: Do you have "Integer scaling" enabled? Depending on your monitor this will severely limit the number of effective resolutions. For example if you monitor is 1440x900 then the game will only fit 1x so all resolutions will give you the same end result. 1920x1080 can fit 2x, 2560x1400 3x and you would have to go all the way up to 4k just to have 4 integer scaled options.
xxxIndyxxx: whatever setting now work, it works :D playing at 640x480 (i think), it looks zoomed out enough and no ui issues with this so I am happy. Would still love a middle ground but maybe for a future update :D
If you make sure that interger scaling is OFF then you have all steps in between 640x480 and 65536x65536 (enter it manually in the ini if your preferred value is not in the settings list in-game). Using integer scaling at resolutions your monitor doesn't support is physically impossible.
Is Devilution X better than Diabloe GOG with Beelzebub mod or Tchernobog mod?
dcthenew52: Is Devilution X better than Diabloe GOG with Beelzebub mod or Tchernobog mod?
That depends i guess, if you want to run in on xbox/playstation/linux/mac/handheld/mobile then DevilutionX wins. If you want something that expands on the gameplay then Beelzebub/Techernobog wins. They both have many of the same improvements, Beelzebub/Techernobog has better lighting, DevilutionX has broader support and is closer to the original.
My recommendation would be to try both.