It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Another version of DevilutionX was just released!

To those that don't know DevilutionX - it is a source port of Diablo and Hellfire that strives to make it simple to run the game while providing engine improvements, bugfixes, and some optional quality of life features (stash / monster health bars / highlighting items like in D2 etc.). Basically good old Diablo without bugs and problems ;)

Highlights for the latest version: stash (check Gillian), multiplayer lag/desync improvements, bugfixes, translations, XBO/S, PS4, iOS, iPad.

For a full list of changes and the downloads go to GitHub:
https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX/releases
Post edited April 15, 2022 by Anders_Jenbo
Anders_Jenbo: Another version of DevilutionX was just released!

To those that don't know DevilutionX - it is a source port of Diablo and Hellfire that strives to make it simple to run the game while providing engine improvements, bugfixes, and some optional quality of life features (stash / monster health bars / highlighting items like in D2 etc.). Basically good old Diablo without bugs and problems ;)

Highlights for the latest version: stash (check Gillian), multiplayer lag/desync improvements, bugfixes, translations, XBO/S, PS4, iOS, iPad.

A shared stash, finally! I've just tested it and it works perfectly. Thanks for making this happen, guys! ;) It seems like there is an unlimited number of tabs, is that right?

One more question if I may: is there a way to change the names of the heroes I created back in 2009?
Post edited April 15, 2022 by Nikookaburra
Anders_Jenbo: Another version of DevilutionX was just released!

Nikookaburra: A shared stash, finally! I've just tested it and it works perfectly. Thanks for making this happen, guys! ;) It seems like there is an unlimited number of tabs, is that right?

One more question if I may: is there a way to change the names of the heroes I created back in 2009?
No
Nikookaburra: A shared stash, finally! I've just tested it and it works perfectly. Thanks for making this happen, guys! ;) It seems like there is an unlimited number of tabs, is that right?
It's limited to 100. Hope you enjoy :)
Anders_Jenbo: It's limited to 100. Hope you enjoy :)
Thank you for both your answers!
Considering checking this mod out. It looks really nice.
Post edited April 21, 2022 by CymTyr
Is this an easy to install mod? How does it work? , I am interested in it, but not sure how to do it.
BigFattyPlus: Is this an easy to install mod?
Yes. If you are on a modern Windows computer and have the GOG version installed, then download devilutionx-windows-x86_64.zip, unzip the files and simply double click devilutionx.exe
BigFattyPlus: How does it work?
I'm really not sure what you are asking?
BigFattyPlus: Is this an easy to install mod? How does it work? , I am interested in it, but not sure how to do it.
It's as easy as clicking the link and following instructions but even that seems to be too hard for some people. As for "how does it work?" - it works fine. Reading the manual and getting it to work usually takes less time than writing a post here ...
Really like what you are doing with DevilutionX. It's become my preferred way to experience the game. I had been using the Hellfire 1.02.A5 mod for a number of years and am happy to see that you can now access a stash at Gillian's house in DevilutionX. The only major thing I still miss from that mod is the option to move Adria's hut closer to town. If you would consider adding that as an option that could be toggled at some point in a future update, that would be great.
Post edited April 27, 2022 by KillingMachine
KillingMachine: Really like what you are doing with DevilutionX. It's become my preferred way to experience the game. I had been using the Hellfire 1.02.A5 mod for a number of years and am happy to see that you can now access a stash at Gillian's house in DevilutionX. The only major thing I still miss from that mod is the option to move Adria's hut closer to town. If you would consider adding that as an option that could be toggled at some point in a future update, that would be great.
Considering you can change game speed + there's running in town, changing town parts is not really an option.
Did the mod move Adria's hut entirely, or just Adria herself? Some mods would move Adria to guard Farnham's door, which put her conveniently close by. Her hut remained in its original place, at the edge of town. I don't recall seeing any mods which rearranged the tileset just for the visual consistency of keeping Adria with her hut.
advowson: Did the mod move Adria's hut entirely, or just Adria herself? Some mods would move Adria to guard Farnham's door, which put her conveniently close by. Her hut remained in its original place, at the edge of town. I don't recall seeing any mods which rearranged the tileset just for the visual consistency of keeping Adria with her hut.
There are multiple mods that rearrange the town and not just the vendor locations.
advowson: Did the mod move Adria's hut entirely, or just Adria herself? Some mods would move Adria to guard Farnham's door, which put her conveniently close by. Her hut remained in its original place, at the edge of town. I don't recall seeing any mods which rearranged the tileset just for the visual consistency of keeping Adria with her hut.
Yes, this particular mod moved both Adria and her hut to a location near where the town portal appears. It was optional and could be toggled on and off via a config file. I found it nice for multiplayer more than anything so that some players didn't have to make as far of a trek away from the rest of the group while doing business in town.
KillingMachine: Yes, this particular mod moved both Adria and her hut to a location near where the town portal appears. It was optional and could be toggled on and off via a config file. I found it nice for multiplayer more than anything so that some players didn't have to make as far of a trek away from the rest of the group while doing business in town.
We could make it so that she spawns based on the tiles and not a hardcoded location. But for some odd reason the mod renamed the level from levels\towndata\sector2s.dun, levels\towndata\sector2l.dun (maybe this was there way of switching between the feature on/off). But if you rename extract file from the MPQ and rename the level to the correct name then it should load just fine in DevilutionX