It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AKO2520: I did, the previous version worked more or less smoothly, now I can't even open the map or talk to vendors without game randomly crashing. Sometimes it even crashes seconds after I open it before the menu pops up.
It's really disappointing, specially when they finally given extra modding support that was highly anticipated for some time.
I usually played it on medium-high settings, but I did change it to low-medium, the only change was that instead of crashing instantly it would randomly crash about 2~5 minutes in the gameplay time.
Thanks for your reply ;)

From what I have read, many players with windows 10 report crashes after 2-5 minutes of gameplay. I think this is not related to the operating system but to the game or graphics driver. Let's see what happens in the next hotfix.
I've tried a fresh installation to see if that would fix the problem but now I can't even enter the menu as the game now flatlines the moment I press play button 100% times.
I'm not here to moan about CDPR dropping support for Win 7, but I think they should at least provide us with a version of the game that runs on this old operating system so that those of us still using it can play the game that we paid them good money for.

I don't mind if I can't run the latest patches etc. but I would like to at least be able to play the game in some form or another, when I go to the downloads page there are plenty of patches for older versions of the game but you can only download version 1.6 of the full game, at least allow us to download version 1.3 or 1.5 so that we can continue to play.

It's not like CDPR really need to upset any more of their customers at this point, the release of CP2077 was a total joke and it seems as though they've learned absolutely nothing from this debacle.
fsbarbero: Has anyone tested version 1.6 on Windows 7?
Yes. It works for me. I hope new expansion will work in future as well.
1.6 seems to be working with Win 7 for me aswell.

With all this talk of Win 7 support being dropped I was expecting it not to work but so far it seems fine, I just started a new game and played through the first hour or so with no issues.
After reading a lot of info over the internet(and despite seeing that 1.6 ran for somebodies) - I decided to try 1.52 versions and it worked from 2nd try(1st try I just was curious how TF RTX can work on Win7 so I started benchmark after which game broke, but after settings deletion and PC restart in ran again just fine).

Tho it's funny that no matter if I set Ultra or Low settings - fps doesn't changing XD Feels like console "settings" tbh(despite having a lot of sliders). Well - at least game rans.
NightLancerX: After reading a lot of info over the internet(and despite seeing that 1.6 ran for somebodies) - I decided to try 1.52 versions and it worked from 2nd try(1st try I just was curious how TF RTX can work on Win7 so I started benchmark after which game broke, but after settings deletion and PC restart in ran again just fine).

Tho it's funny that no matter if I set Ultra or Low settings - fps doesn't changing XD Feels like console "settings" tbh(despite having a lot of sliders). Well - at least game rans.
I can't get it to run on any of my Windows 7 systems at all. It just never launches.
NightLancerX: After reading a lot of info over the internet(and despite seeing that 1.6 ran for somebodies) - I decided to try 1.52 versions and it worked from 2nd try(1st try I just was curious how TF RTX can work on Win7 so I started benchmark after which game broke, but after settings deletion and PC restart in ran again just fine).

charlemagne1980: I can't get it to run on any of my Windows 7 systems at all. It just never launches.
Uh, forget it-_- The game is so ***ing unstable that I could hardly play 30 minutes without "BSOD"(actually - videocard driver hanging -> complete system hanging -> only force-reset works-_-). And anyway game is leaking memory, so even if it wouldn't crash OS randomly I still 'd had to restart it every once in a while(which is not that good for immersion experience). The game['s port from consoles] was terrible to begin with, DX12 adds only more problems on top of that, and "reverseingenering" what we got from DX12 back to DX11(and I don't even remember was there vulkan involved - doesn't matter) is just dead end. This game lags in those who have Windows 10 and using properly set-up DX12 videocard, so it's no wonder it's that unstable on its "middle" patch on Windows 7.

I myself abandoned idea to play it on my current os(and maybe even on my current hardware). 2060s is definitely not enough to overcome this crappy [absent] "optimization" for 1440p I'm having already.

Offtop: tho there are some good sideway news! - dxvk (Vulkan over DX11) works greatly with Lies of P (welp at least with Demo we have rn) and with System Shock(DX11 works as well for the latter but sometime during lifts loading game can crash) on Windows 7! You can try it with any other "unsupported" UE4 game as well [this also helped one guy to run former game on Win11 on which he had problems as well]
Post edited June 21, 2023 by NightLancerX
Does Cyberpunk 2077 work on Windows 7 with v1.63? Any News?
Post edited June 21, 2023 by Haremhab
Haremhab: Does Cyberpunk 2077 work on Windows 7 with v1.63? Any News?
No, it does not. You'll just get error messages about missing DX12 libraries.

And on top of that, Galaxy doesn't let us roll back far enough for a version that does work (earliest listed is the 1.61 DLSS update), so if you updated, you're pretty well screwed.
Haremhab: Does Cyberpunk 2077 work on Windows 7 with v1.63? Any News?
Esrafael: No, it does not. You'll just get error messages about missing DX12 libraries.

And on top of that, Galaxy doesn't let us roll back far enough for a version that does work (earliest listed is the 1.61 DLSS update), so if you updated, you're pretty well screwed.
First of all, thank you for your answer.
Witcher 3 v4.03 included also DLSS, but it works on Windows 7. What is Cd Projekt Red doing?
Esrafael: No, it does not. You'll just get error messages about missing DX12 libraries.

Haremhab: First of all, thank you for your answer.
Witcher 3 v4.03 included also DLSS, but it works on Windows 7. What is Cd Projekt Red doing?
obviously, they are not supporting a for 3 years discontinued operating system
Post edited June 24, 2023 by Elmundi
Haremhab: First of all, thank you for your answer.
Elmundi: obviously, they are not supporting a for 3 years discontinued operating system
Discontinued, yes that is true, but NOT continued without need.
PS: What was suddenly wrong with the best Windows (7) from 2020?

You can probably download it manually with the build manifest
https://www.gogdb.org/product/1423049311/build/55963327424153553
Even back when it was supported in win7, it would crash after a half hour of gameplay for me.

Now that I've moved to linux and am playing it through lutris and proton... it's actually pretty darn smooth and stable.

Not that I can watch youtube at the same time.... for some reason.... but it works great otherwise!