It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As explained by another user in the forum, in order to run Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows 7, some libraries were created to run some DX12 instructions on this operating system (the same as Blizzard has done with World of Warcraft). However, these libraries give a lot of problems and work. That is, they allow to run the game on Windows 7, but in a very unstable way.

The effort they made to run the game on Windows 7 is appreciated, but the developers realized that this effort was too big for the benefit obtained.

It seems that in the latest versions of the game they have been removing those libraries, so that the game can no longer run correctly on Windows 7. In fact, they have already clearly warned about it.
fsbarbero: As explained by another user in the forum, in order to run Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows 7, some libraries were created to run some DX12 instructions on this operating system (the same as Blizzard has done with World of Warcraft). However, these libraries give a lot of problems and work. That is, they allow to run the game on Windows 7, but in a very unstable way.

The effort they made to run the game on Windows 7 is appreciated, but the developers realized that this effort was too big for the benefit obtained.

It seems that in the latest versions of the game they have been removing those libraries, so that the game can no longer run correctly on Windows 7. In fact, they have already clearly warned about it.
How very unstable was is it in Win 7? I have heard little about it. What can Cyberpunk 2077 customers on Win 7 now do?
fsbarbero: As explained by another user in the forum, in order to run Cyberpunk 2077 on Windows 7, some libraries were created to run some DX12 instructions on this operating system (the same as Blizzard has done with World of Warcraft). However, these libraries give a lot of problems and work. That is, they allow to run the game on Windows 7, but in a very unstable way.

Haremhab: How very unstable was is it in Win 7? I have heard little about it. What can Cyberpunk 2077 customers on Win 7 now do?
Until version 1.52 you could play Cyberpunk on Windows 7 without too many problems. In addition to the problems that any gamer could experience on Windows 10/11, on Windows 7 you could experience some random crashes or some textures not displaying correctly. As a Windows 7 user, I only had problems with some textures/shadows, but nothing important. But you can play even finish the game completely.

From version 1.60 onwards, CD Projekt warned that it was possible that the game would no longer work on Windows 7, as they were discontinuing support for DX12 libraries on Windows 7. I was able to run version 1.60 without problems, but the next version was almost impossible to play, either because it wouldn't run or because it crashed minutes after starting. With the following versions of the game, the problems were bigger and bigger, to the point of not being worth trying it on Windows 7.

That is, if you want to play on Windows 7, stay on version 1.52.
Post edited July 31, 2023 by fsbarbero
I still play the original release on win 7 and it is running without any problem. I didn't like the changes of the patches which followed but I wonder if Liberty would be able to run on win 7. It is very funny how Microsoft is updating the OS and nobody is complaining for all the programs that is making useless. For all the lovers of windows 10 just a reminder MC will drop support on 1st Jan 2029 I wish you all happy gaming and all of those who defend the Mega Corporation Microsoft I wish you to find an os that you would like after 01/01/2029 :)
ast486: Even back when it was supported in win7, it would crash after a half hour of gameplay for me.

Now that I've moved to linux and am playing it through lutris and proton... it's actually pretty darn smooth and stable.

Not that I can watch youtube at the same time.... for some reason.... but it works great otherwise!
Well problem is that linux is too complicated for most people; like me. I'd rather deal with MS DOS and W98SE than linux.
TakedaSun.Shingen: I still play the original release on win 7 and it is running without any problem. I didn't like the changes of the patches which followed but I wonder if Liberty would be able to run on win 7. It is very funny how Microsoft is updating the OS and nobody is complaining for all the programs that is making useless. For all the lovers of windows 10 just a reminder MC will drop support on 1st Jan 2029 I wish you all happy gaming and all of those who defend the Mega Corporation Microsoft I wish you to find an os that you would like after 01/01/2029 :)
how do you get the original version or whatever version of Cyberpunk 2077 that you are using?
Post edited October 09, 2023 by charlemagne1980
ast486: Even back when it was supported in win7, it would crash after a half hour of gameplay for me.

Now that I've moved to linux and am playing it through lutris and proton... it's actually pretty darn smooth and stable.

Not that I can watch youtube at the same time.... for some reason.... but it works great otherwise!
charlemagne1980: Well problem is that linux is too complicated for most people; like me. I'd rather deal with MS DOS and W98SE than linux.
TakedaSun.Shingen: I still play the original release on win 7 and it is running without any problem. I didn't like the changes of the patches which followed but I wonder if Liberty would be able to run on win 7. It is very funny how Microsoft is updating the OS and nobody is complaining for all the programs that is making useless. For all the lovers of windows 10 just a reminder MC will drop support on 1st Jan 2029 I wish you all happy gaming and all of those who defend the Mega Corporation Microsoft I wish you to find an os that you would like after 01/01/2029 :)
charlemagne1980: how do you get the original version or whatever version of Cyberpunk 2077 that you are using?
Seriously Linux is getting more user friendly by the day, I was a Windows user all the way from Win 95 right up to Win 7, then I swapped over to Linux Mint and I never really had a problem .

I had to google a few things but it really was quite an easy transition, it took me maybe a couple of weeks to get used to the new environment and now I'd never look back