It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

YES, me is running this game on Win7 Ult. 64 with following specs and MAXSettings(!!!) as far as GTX allows it
by 1080p with ok FPS (so above 30 while 60 is desired):

ASUS p8z77 WS Motherboard
i7 3770k @ 4.2GHz aircooled (runs at ~80°C (first game to push him that high in temps. EVER)
24Gig of RAM (yeah kinda odd, i know)
1080Ti Strix (pushed a 100MHz up on the GPU and 50 on the Memory, GPUTweak2 always in the background)
SSD

Here is what happened and/or what i have done so far in order (as far i can remember):

Downloaded the offline installer (1.03) -> installed it
Started the game -> got to the menu (was worried about it not running at all)
Quit the game (forgot why)
Started it again -> Black screenflash -> "...flatlined!" did that several times, -> always died like that (Oh no, come on!)
Read the GOG forums and tried these:
Deleted the Local appdata -> CD Project Red -> Cyberpunk 2077 folder -> "...flatlined!"
Installed the latest Nvidiadrivers (460.79) -> "...flatlined!" -> driver crashed (happened NEVER before for me)
Checked if i have Windowsupdate KB2670838-x64 -> yes it's there (among many others missing: ignore)
My hope to play this on Win7 -> vanishes slowly
Disabled most of unnecessary programs that run in the background (even DWM xD) but kept GPUTweak running for fansettings -> "...flatlined!"
Reinstalled the game and it works again, great, but why?! -> Ignore
Make all settings Max. and get boner thinking about it
Clicked on New game -> Hard -> Streetkid -> "...flatlined!"
Start game again -> Hard -> Streetkid -> Charactercreation YES!
Build a dude -> first scene where he looks at his hand and that mirror to fix the nose -> Move Mouse -> "...flatlined!"
Repeat above -> "...flatlined!"
Repeat above -> "...flatlined!"
Lower settings to Mid and Low (boner gone)
Build a dude -> first scene where he looks at his hand and that mirror to fix the nose -> Move Mouse -> "...flatlined!"
Some more GOG Forum reads
Set Compatibility Mode for Shortcut to Windows 7 -> make Adminstart -> "...flatlined!"
Next day -> "Hm yes patch 1.04 gib me dat" -> "...flatlined!" -> driver crashed -> system freeze (second time in ~7 years!!!)
Consider Win10 -> make Bootstick -> See there is no drivers for my old board -> Start crying -> "...flatlined!"
Read GOG Forums
Use GPU Tweak to undo my basic overclock of Videocard -> Start the game using the Shortcut while pressing shift and right click to start as Admin -> Back in Mainmenu -> Basic functionality proved
Build a dude -> first scene where he looks at his hand and that mirror to fix the nose -> Move Mouse -> See the Bar/café
Framerate is feeling funny -> get back to settings -> push them up again to MAX -> framerate is more stable smoother -> i don't know why but ok for sure! -> DIAMONDS with Adamantiumcoating

Vsync is at 59 and max FPS at off, I'am a few hours into the game now and NO crashes so far, not even a scary moment of stuttering or anything, it just runs no matter if Windowed or windowed borderless (fullscreen setting missing)

People who still are struggling with it: KEEP TRYING!!! IT WORKS!!!

Do all the tricks you find, restart, mess with settings, get bold and underclock your videocard. Install new drivers, make a new shortcut and set it to adminstart, hold shift while rightclick on it to start as admin, drink some water, say thank you to your mom (or a relative of your choice) start smoking...or quit, and quit blaming CDPR for it not running on Win7, IT DOES!
Post edited December 13, 2020 by SteamSuxx
I am running Windows 7-64, i7 3770k, 32 Gigs RAM, 1070 with 460.79 video driver (newest). The game has worked 3 times out of about 40 attempts.

Sometimes it crashes on the intro ads, sometimes I get to the menu and through character creation, only to crash seconds into the game. Sometimes it "flatlines", sometimes it crashes my video card driver, sometimes it turns off my main monitor (on a dual monitor system) and I need to reboot to restore it. Sometimes it just completely locks up my system where the keyboard is non functional, although the 1.04 patch seems to have fixed most of these.

The only thing that might be working is deleting:
c:\users\<account>\appData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

The three times I game has worked was right after I deleted that directory, however I have deleted that directory many, many more times and the game has crashed, so perhaps it is just random.

It is nice to see that the old I7 3770k cpus are still chugging along. Hoping to upgrade to the new AMD 5xxx series cpu sometime next year when you can hopefully buy them along with the new video cards.
постоянно игры вылетает с ошибками, каждую мисиию стабильно выкидывает или даже больше, приходится перепроходить по нескольку раз, отстой
You guys ever gotten any "Driver Crashes"? In where what specifically flatlines isn´t the game but your GPU's driver (you get one of those taskbar pop-ups telling you that the NVIDIA Driver crashed). Games runs fine even with RTX, but I am worried that I may somehow be damaging my GPU.

EDIT: Almost forgot, I am on i7-7700, NVIDIA Geforce 2060, 16GB of RAM, and full SSDs.
Post edited December 14, 2020 by Blake81
No issues on my well-maintained W7 x64, i7-2700k (yes! that old!), 24 GB RAM, RTX2060S and latest 460.79 nvidia driver. Game runs smoothly, nuthin to complain. The nvidia update from 445 to 460 made a big difference in the graphics.
follow these simple 70 steps to get your game working, stop blaming devs.

lmao
Blake81: You guys ever gotten any "Driver Crashes"? In where what specifically flatlines isn´t the game but your GPU's driver (you get one of those taskbar pop-ups telling you that the NVIDIA Driver crashed). Games runs fine even with RTX, but I am worried that I may somehow be damaging my GPU.

EDIT: Almost forgot, I am on i7-7700, NVIDIA Geforce 2060, 16GB of RAM, and full SSDs.
Yes, at least I'm fairly sure it's driver crashes, the game drops out and the monitor goes off with the "no input" message and I have to reboot.
It happens regularly, anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes playtime.

Win 7 Ultimate x64
GTX 1660Ti 6Gb
i7 4790K
16 Gb Ram
Latest NVidia drivers.
low rated
You guys really need to move on and accept change.
No the solution if for a proper OS instead of win10 and his solution was to remove his overlocking problem.
Try this, it helped for me (also on W7):

https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/random_crash_to_desktop_due_to_nvidia_driver_crash/post10
I cannot get this game to run on Windows 7; it crashesvon launch; even on a new install of W7. Tried 3 different PCs; X99 and LGA 1150; no dice. This is a scam.
Post edited February 12, 2022 by charlemagne1980
This thread really gives me hope. Not. ;)

So I'll wait with my purchase. Or simply buy it on STEAM and run it via PROTON on LINUX. Seems much easier to me. ;)
Seriously, I don't understand why they seem to have this exclusive deal with Google for Stadia. I want a Linux native binary, or at least something that works with W7. HW is capable enough, and e.g. all the console and Stadia use modern AMD/ATI chips for CPU/APU/GPUs. So I would be fine already.
Or trying plain WINE and the gog version, but there's no guarantee this would work. Not spending 30 Euros (sale) or even 60 for some experiment like this.

No way this UI-abomination and spyware-by-design called W10 / W11 is going to hit my computers.
charlemagne1980: I cannot get this game to run on Windows 7; it crashesvon launch; even on a new install of W7. Tried 3 different PCs; X99 and LGA 1150; no dice. This is a scam.
I don't know what you're doing wrong but it definitely works in 7.
Has anyone tested version 1.6 on Windows 7?
I did, the previous version worked more or less smoothly, now I can't even open the map or talk to vendors without game randomly crashing. Sometimes it even crashes seconds after I open it before the menu pops up.
It's really disappointing, specially when they finally given extra modding support that was highly anticipated for some time.
I usually played it on medium-high settings, but I did change it to low-medium, the only change was that instead of crashing instantly it would randomly crash about 2~5 minutes in the gameplay time.
Post edited September 07, 2022 by AKO2520