It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have never pre-ordered a game in my entire life (gamer here from the cassette and diskette days). However based on what CD Projekt Red did this is my first time. To support them, their ethics and their tem.
Or maybe this thread is just some whining to get a pre-order discount.

The "support a company" concept doesn't appeal to everyone. Some don't even understand the concept. It requires intelligence. Oh wait ...
UltraComboTV: For me its the specs. How can you expect me to buy, if your not going to tell me what it requires on my end?
Yes, me too. I'm waiting to see the specs and build a PC to play it properly. When they release the specs I'll preorder the game if I can play it well on my laptop until I get all the pieces and mount the PC.
I wouldn't say, intelligence is low, that's a bit harsh. Maybe self-control. But I also would never, ever, ever, ever pre-order anything.
mo_zing: Sorry CDPR, as good of a gaming dev you are you shouldn't be offering pre orders for something without a discount.
Literally makes no sense to pre order a digital game, unless it's discounted.

If you pre order at full price, your intelligence is low.
Thanks, and have a smart intelligent day.
No one said you have to preorder so please stop being an entitled human being :)
I think pre-orders with all sorts of strings attached are dodgy. Paying up 25%, 50% more for a game for extra stuff long before you see what it is, how it plays, if it is even worth base price. Or "early access."

Same game, same price as CDPR is doing with CP2077 is nothing wrong. There is zero pressure to spend extra money up front when the game being offered is exactly the same as the one you buy a month after release.

Don't want to pre-order, don't. You won't lose anything by waiting for it to be released.
RonFreakingSwanson: I think pre-orders with all sorts of strings attached are dodgy. Paying up 25%, 50% more for a game for extra stuff long before you see what it is, how it plays, if it is even worth base price. Or "early access."

Same game, same price as CDPR is doing with CP2077 is nothing wrong. There is zero pressure to spend extra money up front when the game being offered is exactly the same as the one you buy a month after release.

Don't want to pre-order, don't. You won't lose anything by waiting for it to be released.
On the one hand i would really, really like to support the developers on this particular game by preordering it via gog. But with a price of 59,99€ I feel like being ripped off.
I never spent this much on a pc game before, knowing that it usually will be available for ~40€ like 1 or two days after release. In preorder, people clearly should be paying less but instead they are paying more.
SUpporting developers is a good thing, but if i want to spend extra money just out of charity, i'd still rather give it to amnesty int. or other stuff.
RonFreakingSwanson: I think pre-orders with all sorts of strings attached are dodgy. Paying up 25%, 50% more for a game for extra stuff long before you see what it is, how it plays, if it is even worth base price. Or "early access."

sodayi: On the one hand i would really, really like to support the developers on this particular game by preordering it via gog. But with a price of 59,99€ I feel like being ripped off.
I never spent this much on a pc game before, knowing that it usually will be available for ~40€ like 1 or two days after release. In preorder, people clearly should be paying less but instead they are paying more.
SUpporting developers is a good thing, but if i want to spend extra money just out of charity, i'd still rather give it to amnesty int. or other stuff.
id like to know were you buying games for 20 bucks less a day after release
Yeah, Ron, I'm of the same mind with all the kick-starter/pre-order stuff; I kind of look at pre-orders as kick-starter without all the strings. The game is sheduled for debut. . .what . . . in April of 2020? Anything can happen between now and then. . . not to mention, you can probably add 3-6 months to that debut release-date. . . and another 3-24 months for dev/community patches. Better yet, it may debut, acutally on time, as a "pre/alpha release."

For me, it's not really unethical. . . it's just flat out unprofessional; you pre-order something. . . and often it's not even a finished product upon release. I'm okay with some non-game-breaking bugs, but NOT okay with jittery FPS, silly scripting errors, and non-sensical collision-detection, or anything else potentially game-breaking. I really, I mean, I'd really like to pre-order VtM Bloodlines 2. . . I enjoyed the first one so much; but I can't just motivate myself to do so. Plus, without the Troika touch, I'm curious re. what kind of game it's actually going to be, because that studio has some really, I mean really big shoes to fill.

I don't usualty pre-order because I don't trust the game publishers but this is from the guys who made the Witcher 3 , I mean come on.
cs1985: id like to know were you buying games for 20 bucks less a day after release
MMOGA, Kinguin and stuff...
cs1985: id like to know were you buying games for 20 bucks less a day after release
sodayi: MMOGA, Kinguin and stuff...
People like you disgust me. Do you even know why the games are so cheap on this sites? Because they use credit card fraud to get the games. Do you even know what that means? The developers get NOTHING from this sales, because the real owners of the credit cards get their money back and the delevopers lose the money they got for the game.

Nice job supporting that!
Ok mudflaps. Every reaction is caused by an action. The reaction is pre-order, what do you think the action was? Money. They want money sooner.

You can find all sorts of reasons for why they want money sooner, I don't fucking care. The moment when money governs your reasoning, you already lost. A good game is never, NEVER made out of love for money. Unless it's a game about money.

So pre-order simply means the gate to greed is opened. Simple as that.
ZaBici: Ok mudflaps. Every reaction is caused by an action. The reaction is pre-order, what do you think the action was? Money. They want money sooner.

You can find all sorts of reasons for why they want money sooner, I don't fucking care. The moment when money governs your reasoning, you already lost. A good game is never, NEVER made out of love for money. Unless it's a game about money.

So pre-order simply means the gate to greed is opened. Simple as that.
You seem really negative about preorders on this thread, but on your thread you're asking if you can still preorder the CE. Bit confusing.
low rated
[deleted]
Post edited February 12, 2023 by lace_gardenia