It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Sorry CDPR, as good of a gaming dev you are you shouldn't be offering pre orders for something without a discount.
Literally makes no sense to pre order a digital game, unless it's discounted.
Post edited August 06, 2019 by mo_zing
high rated
It would only be unethical if they trick you into preordering the game. CDPR only offers the possiblity to preorder the game. They also offically said that you will not get anything extra content if you preorder. They said only preorder if you want to support us, if not that's okay.

I think it more unethical, if they would lock away content, if you dont preorder. There are people which cant afford the game at the moment and have to save the money(not me i already preordered). It would be a disadvantage for them if there would be discount for preorder.

They decided not to give a preorder bonus because they only wanted people to preorder because they are hyped and want to support CDPR. This wouldn't work with a preorder discount.

If you don't want to preorder, wait till release you will have no disadvantage at all. I think that something to be happy about, not sad. Decide for yourself if you want or not, no pressure at all.
Post edited June 24, 2019 by A_B_raxis
high rated
I pre ordered because i love cd projekt red as a company and that the game and how they see the gamers, you can wait for the game to be out if you think your money is more valuable somewhere else
high rated
For me its the specs. How can you expect me to buy, if your not going to tell me what it requires on my end?
A_B_raxis is right in this case.
Post edited June 25, 2019 by reywind.576
thankfully you don't have to pre-order
Just because of this smart and intelligent thread, I feel that my Hype levels for the game have been re-awoken from their slumber, (and I was holding in the excitement so much! but I was biting my nails too much, Ouch) and now I just can't hold in my feelings anymore. I've decided that telling a bunch of people I know, and several others on the internet to consider the smart and intelligent option of pre-ordering the game is absolutely the only option I have now to relieve this overwhelming feeling of excitement. I really need to relax, this game is just so different than any game I have ever experienced and I just *heavy breathing* gotta relax.. I'm going to make some tea and then go on a rampage of bothering everyone to acknowledge the existence of this wonderful possibility.
Post edited June 25, 2019 by fridgeband
high rated
mo_zing: Sorry CDPR, as good of a gaming dev you are you shouldn't be offering pre orders for something without a discount.
Literally makes no sense to pre order a digital game, unless it's discounted.

If you pre order at full price, your intelligence is low.
Thanks, and have a smart intelligent day.
Well, you do not have to preorder, i suggest you let people choose for themselves that is the cool thing about freedom to choose ones own choices. :-)
I normaly do not preorder games but in case of CD Projekt Red i make an exemption. They did such an amazing job with the Witcher series and thats how i thank them.
Post edited June 25, 2019 by Jazzmigo
low rated
fridgeband: Just because of this smart and intelligent thread, I feel that my Hype levels for the game have been re-awoken from their slumber, (and I was holding in the excitement so much! but I was biting my nails too much, Ouch) and now I just can't hold in my feelings anymore. I've decided that telling a bunch of people I know, and several others on the internet to consider the smart and intelligent option of pre-ordering the game is absolutely the only option I have now to relieve this overwhelming feeling of excitement. I really need to relax, this game is just so different than any game I have ever experienced and I just *heavy breathing* gotta relax.. I'm going to make some tea and then go on a rampage of bothering everyone to acknowledge the existence of this wonderful possibility.
I'm sorry about your mental disability.
fridgeband: Just because of this smart and intelligent thread, I feel that my Hype levels for the game have been re-awoken from their slumber, (and I was holding in the excitement so much! but I was biting my nails too much, Ouch) and now I just can't hold in my feelings anymore. I've decided that telling a bunch of people I know, and several others on the internet to consider the smart and intelligent option of pre-ordering the game is absolutely the only option I have now to relieve this overwhelming feeling of excitement. I really need to relax, this game is just so different than any game I have ever experienced and I just *heavy breathing* gotta relax.. I'm going to make some tea and then go on a rampage of bothering everyone to acknowledge the existence of this wonderful possibility.
mo_zing: I'm sorry about your mental disability.
What a thing to post...!
mo_zing: I'm sorry about your mental disability.
fridgeband: What a thing to post...!
i think he didn't even read your message tbh
fridgeband: What a thing to post...!
Fr33styler: i think he didn't even read your message tbh
Who knows...?
no offense but i will call this thread bullshit.

preorders are unethical, should not exist BECAUSE (copied from A_B_raxis' message);

1- they trick you into preordering (selling) stuff that is low quality or literally missing what should be in the product in the first place
2- they lock away some features from "not preordering" people and forcing them (check #1) to preorder
3- instead of giving all the developed items they distribute to various "distributors" to be"exclusive"

and IF A COMPANY does not do that, it is not "unethical" it may still be pointless (since the main purpose of preordering something is to make sure you get your piece before they run out, and a digital item cannot be run out) but it is not "unethical"

no offense but (you can be offended tho) you are just blindly following "preorders are not right" approach without taking a second to look at it objectively. i have not preordered anything for last 5-6 years except vampire the bloodlines 2 and i will preorder this if i decide on the platform (gog/steam/physical).

with witcher 3, CDPR proved that it can be trusted, that i can produce real, "old school" quality projects therefore they at least deserve the benefit of doubt. i will no matter what preorder this game, i have trusted EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft and some other shit before, and they all let me down and they made me a cynical regarding preorders (and i am completely ignoring their games mostly) but if you change your mind one way for because of an action, you should be open to idea of changing it to other way when someone else proves the other.

another reason why i am posting this is; you are figuratively in a pharmacy forum and yelling that "vaccines causes cancer/xx syndrome/diseases". this is what you are doing. has the same effectiveness.
UltraComboTV: For me its the specs. How can you expect me to buy, if your not going to tell me what it requires on my end?
Same for me, allowing pre-ordering while not even knowing if i can ruin it seems pointless.
As someone else said at least no one force us to pre-order
Post edited July 09, 2019 by burning_chrome