It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fridgeband: No way, of course they don't mean that silly, They just know that lots of people (like me) care a lot about that detail and are being honest to let us know so that we can be happy about that. They don't mean anything bad in any other way. I can't speak for them since I am not them, but I'm so sure they mean well that I would almost be willing to say I'm 100% sure they mean well, and not what you're thinking. Just relax, make some tea and do some meditation. Gog = good people. It's all fine. breeeaaathh....
Crawdaddy79: I appreciate your perspective but it cannot change my own. I know they put the text on their ad with the intent of generating more revenue. This is the nature of advertisement for any business. The only way it generates more revenue is by dissuading people from purchasing elsewhere. It goes against what I thought I understood of GoG's business practice.
I don't really understand, I just don't get it so forgive me. in the end I much rather lovingly and gladly give gog/cdpr my money for video games than all the other scummy evil corporations that ruined so much of gaming for so many years and continue to do so. I have no hard feelings towards anyone, because people willingly chose to give those evil corporations money, so that's on them for feeding the beast, but in the end I see the shining example of respect and love for their community that gog/cdpr has and I want to support them so that they succeed and triumph. That's just my 2 cents. Peace.
Mailanka: You thought GOG's business practices WASN'T to encourage people to buy games from GOG? Your understanding of how businesses work and survive is very different from mine.
Links: Yep, I was going to write to fridgeband again, but what you said is about it. They are either stubbornly defending a ridiculous position, or their reasoning is completely divorced from reality.
Uhhh.... I'm just saying this in a polite way, but you DO know that if people don't buy from GOG, GOG goes bankrupt right? Am I wrong? This is really getting confusing for me. 100% of all companies advertise, and they all encourage their customers to buy products... from them. I never heard a company advertise and say "hey go buy from that other company instead of me" So please explain why you're upset with Gog? I'm just really trying to understand. Peace.
Post edited June 14, 2019 by fridgeband
fridgeband: (...)
Oh shoots, sorry. Messed up the user name, it was Crawdaddy79 I was talking about XD
How DARE CDPR take 100% of the revenue from a game that it funded and developed on its own???

Because, you know, why don't they give 30% to Steam or 10% to Epic?

Dumb topic is dumb.

/eyeroll
DivisionByZero.620: How DARE CDPR take 100% of the revenue from a game that it funded and developed on its own???

Because, you know, why don't they give 30% to Steam or 10% to Epic?

Dumb topic is dumb.

/eyeroll
1- The OP misunderstood what was meant by 100% of the funds (income vs profit) and was taking issue on the fact that CDPR has to pay for the licencing of the setting, nothing to do with GOG just stating the fact of the funds going to CDPR.

2- How dumb is it to beat this dead horse 4 days after the last reply? Surely dumber than the topic itself.
n/a
Post edited December 24, 2020 by smrtgi19
manyakk77: Whomever owns cyberpunk also owns GOG you ribtard :/
TheDM: Actually Cyberpunk as an RPG setting is owned by R. Talsorian Games. Now, what the license terms are, we don't know.
10 year license, 2012 - 2022, had to release in 2020 to polish by 2022 when the license would expire
Yeti575: I honestly just spent 3 minutes of my life searching for a thread about this.

It's absolutely beyond my comprehension why I would care that the devs, and owners, get to keep 100% of my *money.

Borderline makes me want to hard pass on GOG.

*assuming I spend it
Aquelll: Nah, they are leveraging the fact that people love them because of their continuous pro-consumer stance and actions since 1994. Good reputation goes a long way. That is something most, at least big publishers do not have nowadays and are in general hated by everyone. CD Project is not and it is fine by me that they leverage it in marketing. In business you play with your strengths.
I mainly am for G.O.G as its drm free and the games work on modern systems without much trouble
smrtgi19: 10 year license, 2012 - 2022, had to release in 2020 to polish by 2022 when the license would expire
We don't know how long their license agreement is, the Witcher seems longer than 10 years and given that Cyberpunk wasn't exactly the most "active" license it's possible they got a longer deal than 10 years.