It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
n/a
Post edited December 24, 2020 by smrtgi19
high rated
They mean 100% of the income goes to CDPR, not the profits. Versus (for example) on Steam, where Valve takes a cut.

Licencing is just a cost, whether they pay a fixed amount or per-copy sold is inconsequential.
Post edited June 10, 2019 by Links
if you buy it on gog 100% goes to CDPR
high rated
GOG is owned by CDPR you absolute dolt
smrtgi19: Now this is a licensed game, same as the witcher series, but you aren't paying license fees to whomever owns cyberpunk?
Whomever owns cyberpunk also owns GOG you ribtard :/
Links: They mean 100% of the income goes to CDPR, not the profits. Versus (for example) on Steam, where Valve takes a cut.

Licencing is just a cost, whether they pay a fixed amount or per-copy sold is inconsequential.
Oh ok the income goes to cd projekt red, but they pay a percentage to cyberpunk licensor...
smrtgi19: Now this is a licensed game, same as the witcher series, but you aren't paying license fees to whomever owns cyberpunk?
manyakk77: Whomever owns cyberpunk also owns GOG you ribtard :/
Actually Cyberpunk as an RPG setting is owned by R. Talsorian Games. Now, what the license terms are, we don't know.
I wish they would take that banner off their ad within GoG. It's like they're asking for charity.
Crawdaddy79: I wish they would take that banner off their ad within GoG. It's like they're asking for charity.
Can't spell it out often enough.
The time between clicking the referral and arriving on GoG might be long enough for most people to forget about the "100% of the profit goes to CDPR when ordering through GoG"-thing if they weren't greeted by the same "100% of the profit goes to CDPR when ordering through GoG"-thing on GoG again.
If you actually read the thing, it states, all money will go to the CD Project Group.
As in the publisher, not the developer. Indirectly it will go to the developer.

What they mean is that they wont lose 30% (steam) or 15% (Epic) of the income due to greedy platforms.

GoG is owned by CD Project (not RED), So all money goes to them. And they, in course, will give money to CD Project RED for this and upcoming games.
Links: They mean 100% of the income goes to CDPR, not the profits. Versus (for example) on Steam, where Valve takes a cut.

smrtgi19: Oh ok the income goes to cd projekt red, but they pay a percentage to cyberpunk licensor...
No, they don't have to like others already said CDPR owns GOG so they don't have to pay license fees for every copy sold on GOG hence 100% goes to them instead of 70% for every copy sold on Steam.
low rated
Crawdaddy79: I wish they would take that banner off their ad within GoG. It's like they're asking for charity.
I honestly just spent 3 minutes of my life searching for a thread about this.

It's absolutely beyond my comprehension why I would care that the devs, and owners, get to keep 100% of my *money.

Borderline makes me want to hard pass on GOG.

*assuming I spend it
as long as it stays DRm free i'll be buying on the GOG platform like I did with witcher 3 instead of Steam. I've actually come to like GOG as a client better than steam.
UnrealDelusion: No, they don't have to like others already said CDPR owns GOG so they don't have to pay license fees for every copy sold on GOG hence 100% goes to them instead of 70% for every copy sold on Steam.
The OP knows GOG is owned by CDPR. The licencing is for the setting, Cyberpunk 2020, like the person in post number 7 and the OP themselves in post 6 says.
Post edited June 10, 2019 by Links
Not really, with all the epic games launcher and steam bullshit going on about devs getting like only half the cut and shit like that, it makes sense to put that in. Plus, if you consider that they get 100% on GoG and and i have no idea how much on steam and epic games, but surely not 100% it's a smart thing to say since more revenue for them. That's only my take on it tho....