It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A farewell to arms promo!

The Arma Series, that is Arma Gold Edition, Arma: Cold War Assault, and Arma 2: Combined Operations (complete with the Operation Arrowhead expansion), providing the ultimate mod-enabled first person-perspective military simulation experience, is available up to 80% off on GOG.com. That's only $8.17 for the whole set of three games, for the next 72 hours.

[url=http://www.gog.com/promo/arma_farewell_complete_040614][/url]War has always been, and probably always will be, one of the predominant themes in computer games. From 8-bit systems to contemporary monster gaming rigs you'll have simulators, strategy games, and war-inspired arcade titles. But there's only one type of game that could let you really see war as a first-hand gritty and immersive experience. An FPS, first person perspective shooter. Again, there are many levels of realism throughout the genre. Some of the war FPS' tend to focus on storytelling, using heavy scripting to deliver a cinematic experience. Others don't try to hide the fact, that the war you're seeing isn't real and that the main goal is to have fun while playing. And there's the Arma Series.

Arma Series is a game series that will make you feel like an actual combatant on one of the modern-day military missions. A game that will amaze you with its level of realism in recreating actual weapons, military gear, ballistics, and battlefield conditions. A game that will challenge you in ways no other wargame ever could. Dropping you in the middle of a fictional conflict, that feels more real than most things you see on the news, it proves to be the ultimate modern-day military simulation that you can play outside of actual military VR training facilities. Arma 2: Combined Operations allows for massive multiplayer matches that can host up to 50 players simultaneously, and the Operation Arrowhead expansion that, on top of adding another campaign to the game, provides extensive mod compatibility, this is the FPP wargame you want to get, if you mean business.

On top of that, Arma 2: Combined Operations is required to run DayZ, the most popular game modification since the infamous Hot Coffe. What? You don't know what DayZ is? Don't fret--we've got you covered.

Do you think you can handle real virtual warfare? Find out if you really know which side of the assault rifle you should point at the enemies in the complete Arma Series, for only $8.17 on GOG.com. The special promo lasts until Saturday, June 7, at 9:59AM GMT. Games also available separately with lower discount rate. The games already owned on GOG.com count towards the higher discount.

Important note: This is a last chance promo, as Arma Gold Edition, Arma: Cold War Assault, and Arma 2: Combined Operations will be removed from sales on GOG.com on June 22, along with the remaining Bohemia Interactive title: Original War. If you buy (or have already bought) any of these games, they will remain on your account "shelf", so you'll be still able to access and download them.
phaolo: Wait, should I buy Arma Gold, if I already got Arma CWA?
Is the expansion good?
Arma Gold is not an expansion.
CWA is a rebranded (and updated) Operation Flashpoint Game of the Year Edition (but without RED HAMMER campaign, sadly). OFP was published in 2001.
ARMA GOLD is a newer game, which came out late 2006.
vsr: Arma Gold is not an expansion.
CWA is a rebranded (and updated) Operation Flashpoint Game of the Year Edition (but without RED HAMMER campaign, sadly). OFP was published in 2001.
ARMA GOLD is a newer game, which came out late 2006.
Thanks +1
So much confusion with those titles..
Fesin: So, nobody can tell me anything about the current state of the DayZ mod?
According to http://uk1.dayz.nu/latest/ it is still supported. Latest version 1.8.1-4cf6dbd was published on 28 May 2014.
mistermumbles: Seems really dumb to do this, especially as Original War will be pulled as well, a title that's only still alive due to fan community support. Bohemia has done jack-all with it since they've acquired that game. Good thing I bought it before that happened. Still sad to see it go.

Fuck 'em.
Interesting that they use the OWPatch for the Steam version too. Would be nice if Stucuk could use some pressure to try and keep atleast OW on GOG, but I guess that's probably not likely.
:(((((
KILLA-CONNI: If the reason for removal is the GameSpy shutdown -> what the heck?
They could just label it "LAN only" and that'd be it.
Why, Bohemia? Now one of my favourite game series of all time gets removed from my favourite game reseller... :'(
This is not "LAN only". Direct IP connection, according to developers announcement, still work and will continue to work in future.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175463-End-of-Gamespy

There is a thread on GOG, that maybe of interest to you:
http://www.gog.com/forum/arma_series/what_does_the_gamespy_shutdown_mean_for_gog_users
inc09nito: I don't care about Arma, let's leave that aside. But one thing pops up from the comments above: what about multi-player in games nowaday? with GfWL and GameSpy dead, and becasue of developers being lazy (let's be honest about it: they want a convenient solution, so they won't have to write their own code) Steam is becoming the only option.
I think this is a great moment for a GOG to make a move and announce some sort of multiplayer solution - a platform or framework, or at least multiplayer servers for older games. This is really a good moment to do that, I hope that's what they are going to tell us tomorrow.
Indeed.
Post edited June 04, 2014 by vsr
So is there somewhere that we can read from Bohemia that specifies what exactly they have against GOG? Pulling Arma, I guess I get that, but what does Original War have to do with anything?
A shame that they'll be removed. Oh, well, in a futile attempt to have them change their minds, I bought both games I didn't already have (Arma 2 and Original War).
I think I would never play these games, yet now that they are being pulled out I feel so compelled to buy them...
Fesin: So, nobody can tell me anything about the current state of the DayZ mod?
The state is that you should download http://withsix.com/ , tune in to
ARMA 2 Combined Operations (1.63.0.112555) / @DayZ_epoch 1.0.4.2 / Servers
Sort by ping, and play it! It's fun!

Also: Obviously the new DayZ is so bad the dev has to stop customers from buying the old, better one.
Post edited June 04, 2014 by AlienMind
"Arma Gold Edition, Arma: Cold War Assault, and Arma 2: Combined Operations will be removed from sales on GOG.com on June 22, along with the remaining Bohemia Interactive title: Original War."

You've got to be kidding me, what the hell....
vsr: According to http://uk1.dayz.nu/latest/ it is still supported. Latest version 1.8.1-4cf6dbd was published on 28 May 2014.
AlienMind: The state is that you should download http://withsix.com/ , tune in to
ARMA 2 Combined Operations (1.63.0.112555) / @DayZ_epoch 1.0.4.2 / Servers
Sort by ping, and play it! It's fun!
Thanks, but what I'm interested in, is if people actually still play the mod version, and if the game is still good? I have heard that that the survival aspect got reduced due to people just running around and killing each other, camping with sniper rifles etc., and that cooperation is more or less dead. Is that true? Is it worth playing and buying Arma 2 for it?
To all the people complaining about BI: I don't think they will read your messages on this forum, if you want to have your voices heard go to their forum on forums.bistudio.com and remind them that their decision is close to full retard (maybe not those exact words). I started a thread already, feel free to participate....
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178672-GOG-com-removal
Couple questions if people know.

Has there been an official statement why the games are being pulled?

Is the mod version of Day Z fairly barren/dead at this point?

From what I've seen Arma 2 is a hardcore military sim and I'm kinda open to trying/learning that. However if this is being done to try and force everyone over to the steam version I am hesitant to support a move like that with my wallet.
high rated
Tbh, these promos have the opposite effect on me. For one, if you're basically flipping the bird to a userbase, who the eff do you think you are attempting to grift more money out of us?

That's like knocking a kid down, taking their lunch money, then offering them a one time only opportunity to get SOME of it back.

In this instance, why reward Bohemia by giving them ANY money? Instead, THIS is what you should be boycotting. So no, I'm not gonna buy these games, even at a sale, because of a choice they made that's detrimental to the rest of us by eliminating an option.

This is a prime opportunity to vote with my wallet, and I plan to.