It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Includes Mind Games and Gold Edition DLCs!

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition, the complete edition of the challenging modern Sci-Fi roguelike game that challenges you to explore ancient alien ruins, is available 25% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.74 for the next three days. At the same time, the permanently reduce the price of the game's regular edition to $6.99.

Are you prepared for the Pit? If you think you are, scout, you've already failed and our world is doomed. I want you to really understand this: you are not prepared. Nothing in the world could have prepared you. No amount of training, not even years of experience, nothing. So if you're feeling confident, that you can go to the Feldspar Mountains, scavenge the ancient Suul'ka complex, steal their secrets, and return with the cure for the Ghoul Plague--we're dead. Our only hope lies in your ability to doubt yourself, second-guess your own judgment, and think twice about your every step. This is how dangerous the Pit is. I would know. I've been there. I reached level 3 before my squad was decimated by mutant beasts. So, soldier, I'll ask you one final time, and this time I want you to really think before you give me your answer: are you prepared?

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition is a phenomenal turn-based RPG turning the traditional roguelike dungeon exploration, item scumming, and careful planning into a modern gaming experience. The infamous Pit is randomly generated on each playthrough, which--combined with the game's three different character classes--makes up for crazy replayability value. With tons of items to find, many equipment and character modifications, and--most importantly--a vast selection of blood-hungry monsters waiting for your every mistake, this game offers you a Sci-Fi adventure you'll be enjoying for hours and hours. The Mind Games and Gold Edition DLCs included in this premium package, add new layers of gameplay and come with a plethora of improved and added features. (Both DLCs also available separately. The Gold Edition Upgrade DLC costs $2.99 and requires the previous Mind Games DLC to be installed first).

If you like challenging games that first become your passion, then an obsession, and finally an addiction, you need to grab the definitive package of roguelike goodness, Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition, right now, for only $9.74 on GOG.com! The 25% discount offer lasts until Monday, November 11, at 14:59PM GMT.
Brigand1973: I just purchased this and the base game is not showing up on the shelf....
Gnagn: I'm getting the same problem as Brigand1973. Links to download the DLC, but no link for the base game and a "Hey, you really should buy the base game to use this DLC" message.
Winter_Wolf77: Having the same problem too... :(
We're really sorry about this bug, guys... We won't be able to resolve it over the weekend, however if you contact us via the support forms, we will send you codes which will allow you to redeem the base game ASAP. We've tested this workaround and it works. First thing next week we will make sure that this is properly fixed for everyone.

Just to clarify, this only happens if someone purchases the entire pack - anyone who had the base game before getting the expansion will be fine.
Firek:
I've just noticed looking at the game card that it shows a download size of 0MB - at least for me - might want to fix that too! :)
Wow, thank you very much! Your response was super-fast, and I feel bad for even posting the issue.

Again, thank you, and I hope you have a nice holiday. GOG continues to be the main detractor to my bank account :)
Brigand1973: Wow, thank you very much! Your response was super-fast, and I feel bad for even posting the issue.

Again, thank you, and I hope you have a nice holiday. GOG continues to be the main detractor to my bank account :)
Same here (Yeah, I broke down rather quickly. Was it because someone mentioned space dolphins -- which may or may not have dorsal fitted missile launchers?) super quick response and a pang of guilt. After buying just short of 200 games here this is the first hiccup I've experienced. If that is the worst I ever endure here then I have no problem buying another 200 or so games here. Thanks GOG and FireK. :)
0MB? Hmmmm, the game must be a sim about my social life.
So, what's the difference between Mind Games vs. Gold DLC?
tinyE: 0MB? Hmmmm, the game must be a sim about my social life.
Sex life you mean!
JudasIscariot: ...

"I would also like to know what's going on as I own the base game only...if I get the DLC, do I get a discount on the gold?"

- Sorry, the Gold Edition DLC is a seperate DLC and the discount is only for the entire bundle.

"Hmm, checked the file and it says 'standalone'. So...could we get some elaboration on that?"

That is a shame, seems a bit unfair for customers who bought it earlier. I'll wait until there is a discount.
Way to go Kerberos, shafting the people that bought your game on release. Not cool.
I can wait though, no sense buying any DLC at full price.
Post edited November 08, 2013 by jorlin
Any help would be nice I just got this and there is no base game to download. I read the post about send to support for a code but when I try bto send it says i need a dxdlag file . I made this file but i cant upload it for some reason . any help please.
Winter_Wolf77: Having the same problem too... :(
Firek: We're really sorry about this bug, guys... We won't be able to resolve it over the weekend, however if you contact us via the support forms, we will send you codes which will allow you to redeem the base game ASAP. We've tested this workaround and it works. First thing next week we will make sure that this is properly fixed for everyone.

Just to clarify, this only happens if someone purchases the entire pack - anyone who had the base game before getting the expansion will be fine.
Once we get the gift code, can we not use it till it is fixed, and give code to someone else? ;D mauahahah
Okay, it's installed and everything's fine. Didn't lose my character like I did when I went from base to Mindgames. As a person who bought Mindgames on release, I'm not upset about spending $2.99 to "top off". It helps that I had some sleep too. Thanks, Judas for clearing up a lot of issues here.
almabrds: Hi
There's a small problem in the page.
JudasIscariot: Fixed :) Thanks :D
I glad to help. :)
Firek: We're really sorry about this bug, guys... We won't be able to resolve it over the weekend, however if you contact us via the support forms, we will send you codes which will allow you to redeem the base game ASAP. We've tested this workaround and it works. First thing next week we will make sure that this is properly fixed for everyone.

Where are the "support forms"?
I just bought the gold edition, and all I can download is the two DLC.

Do you mean use this? "http://www.gog.com/support/contact/my_orders_and_payments"
That usually takes you guys days to respond to me :(.

edit:Also my MULTI game purchaese are NOT in the drop down box, only my single game purchaese :( (above link)
or do I use http://www.gog.com/support/contact/general_website_questions and select "game not visible on list/shelf"?

edit2:went ahead and used the "game not visible on list/shelf" option and clicked "send', I got back the automated email, so you guys now know of it.
hope to get code soon :P... but I couldn't find the "ASAP support forms"..........
Attachments:
Post edited November 08, 2013 by gbaz69
It is actions like this on the part of Kerberos Productions, and then selling here on gog that frustrate people, including myself.

It feels like Kerberos is trying to go to the same well twice to ring as much money from the same player base as they possible can.

I supported this game by buying here and on Gamersgate, but there is absolutely no way I will purchase the same game for a third time in order to get some DLC.

I also believe gog has more pull than statements which say in essence, this is a bundle deal and that-is-that. So, if you bought the game here and you want the DLC, sorry, but you can get it if you buy the game once more.

I think gog could have stood in the gap for their customers and asked Kerberos to offer a better deal or an upgrade path for current owners.

It is actions such as this that leaves a bad taste, and makes me personally not buy future titles from such publishers.

Kerberos stop milking the same cow dry.

Gog, please defend your customers from such tactics and work out better deals for those that support you and spend their hard earned money on your site.
Post edited November 08, 2013 by Faithful