It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finely ground aliens to take-out.

Shadowgrounds Survivor, a dynamic top-down shooter with swarms of alien horrors to spray with bullets, suggestive visuals, spiffy weapon upgrade system, and four player co-op mode, is now available on GOG.com for only $5.99. With that, its predecessor: Shadowgrounds, receives a Mac version and a permanent price drop to $5.99 as well.

In this indirect continuation of Frozenbyte's exciting alien shooter you'll follow a parallel story of the human commando facing the invasion on the Ganymede colony. The horror creeping in the dark corners of the Universe finally caught up with Terran colonists and the massacre that followed was only survived by a handful of the best trained, bravest, and quickest soldiers. Now it is up to them to put a stop to the extraterrestrial menace that threatens our existence.

Shadowgrounds Survivor delivers non-stop alien-shooting action over the course of 20 diverse missions, and it does so in perfect form. The old-school gameplay concept is paired with very modern visuals. You'll feel the heat of the combat and alien blood splatters as your guns rattle and spit a rain of bullets on your monstrous foes. Are you crazy enough to face the endless waves of beast in the timed survival mode? You can even share the fun with up to three more friends, in the fun and challenging co-op mode. Fun times! Dark and dangerous, but fun.

Humanity needs you again, so grab your upgradeable guns, and seriously kick some alien behind in Shadowgrounds Survivor, for only $5.99.
xxxIndyxxx: Hmm i kinda like it to be a surprise but for indies or newer games they might as well since i don't really care about them so it would be nicer to know when those are coming ;) But to be fair i did enjoy some of them but they were a small minority.
Do you think people will purchase a second copy of the same game on GOG if it will be released two months after Steam ?
I think many of us would pass the Steam offer if we know a game will be on GOG too .
Post edited August 20, 2013 by ne_zavarj
xxxIndyxxx: Hmm i kinda like it to be a surprise but for indies or newer games they might as well since i don't really care about them so it would be nicer to know when those are coming ;) But to be fair i did enjoy some of them but they were a small minority.
ne_zavarj: Do you think people will purchase a second copy of the same game on GOG if it will be released two months after Steam ?
Euh no. I expect gog to sell games no other site has ;) but you have a good point ;)
JudasIscariot: We never said that we'd stop working towards getting, or on, old classics. We simply expanded our scope to include new AND old games.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_search_for_game_rights_a_diaryesque_thread/post128

But this has showed us that you obviously don't consider it a priority anymore.

I'm still watching GOG from the sidelines hoping that it will turn around, but from what I see there isn't much. And don't try any false promises. I bet dollar on a dime that the "autumn shower of old games" will be four or five EA classics you could have released yesterday.

You build you trust and the userbase that made you big by resurrecting old games and bringing them to a new audience. But currently you are just living of the hype you have generated yourself. Not good enough.
keeveek: I don't understand. So the first Shadowgrounds is not an indie game and they released it ages ago, but the sequel is an indie game so it had to wait?

I have a backlog too. The problem is, when I play some game and I really like it, I would like to have an ability to play the sequel as well.

GOG release schedule is insane, that's my opinion. Deal with it or not. Or Downrep me as much as you want.
Sorry, just got back from basketball and have been missing the fun. We won by the way.

I have no problem with you having an opinion. I'm certainly not going to down rep you for that. If you want to whinge about a game that you think should have been released earlier on gog.com, then thats up to you. I understand that you say that your complaint is that this is the only release today, but your post above suggests that that is not entirely true.

My problem is the basis for your complaint. In particular, your rhetorical question asking how many bundles it was a part of (which you subsequently admit was only one, although that bundle was also a bonus for a subsequent bundle). It was part of one bundle a few years ago. In my opinion, that is no good reason to whinge about the release. I was hoping you might come to that realisation yourself. Of course you are perfectly entitled to remain dissatisfied with the release, but if you do so because the game was part of one humble bundle several years ago, your opinion is wrong... :)
SimonG: I'm still watching GOG from the sidelines hoping that it will turn around, but from what I see there isn't much. And don't try any false promises. I bet dollar on a dime that the "autumn shower of old games" will be four or five EA classics you could have released yesterday.
ooh... which games?
Post edited August 20, 2013 by htown1980
JudasIscariot: We never said that we'd stop working towards getting, or on, old classics. We simply expanded our scope to include new AND old games.
SimonG: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_search_for_game_rights_a_diaryesque_thread/post128

I'm still watching GOG from the sidelines hoping that it will turn around, but from what I see there isn't much. And don't try any false promises. I bet dollar on a dime that the "autumn shower of old games" will be four or five EA classics you could have released yesterday.

You build you trust and the userbase that made you big by resurrecting old games and bringing them to a new audience. But currently you are just living of the hype you have generated yourself. Not good enough.
To be honest the most vocal group of so called 'complainers' (i would call it: positive critisism in hopes of it getting even better ;) ) are member who have been around longer. Maybe that mades us "entitled' but i wouldn't call it that way. If anything i would call it disappointed in a dear friend. It's still a dear friend, we just expected better.
That is pretty disappointing, imo GOG should really try hiring a lawyer who's sole job it is to track down the rights to old games and bring them to GOG, even if it means buying the rights to the game entirely and GOG publishing the game.

I mean just look at the Thunderscape game that seems to be coming to GOG on Thursday, the rights to the Thunderscape IP was purchased by the guys doing the Pathfinder Thunderscape P&P (which had a Kickstarter), and now GOG is doing an agreement with them. They aren't doing an agreement with Ubisoft or some publisher.
SimonG: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_search_for_game_rights_a_diaryesque_thread/post128

Could you show me where we stated outright that classics are not a priority anymore? Implication doesn't count because folks often misinterpret what is implied, which is why >implying doesn't count :D
Post edited August 20, 2013 by JudasIscariot
undeadcow: Maybe I'm just new around here but all the negativity is confusing; this looks like a fair release at a reasonable price.
Yes I agree , people on this forum seem to have very short memories , the amount of awesome stuff gog has brought to us and they still whine over one quiet release week ... dont dare to disagree with the click though ... lol
Bloodygoodgames: It is.

The problem is there are some spoiled brats on GOG who want everything THEIR way and when a game releases that THEY don't want --- wwaaaaaaaaahhhhh --- and loudly. And it's every goddamn week. Frankly, the vast majority of us are sick of it.

Honestly, I can tell who the really really sad people are who have no lives as, obviously, GOG releasing a game they don't want is a tragedy.

For the rest of us? No biggie. There'll be something else later on in the week or next week and, if not, we have 100 games in our backlog to play so no big deal :)

BUT GOG FOR THE LOVE OF GOD --- can we PLEASE get a 'block user' function. There are some people on the forums that if I never have to read the whining bullshit they type on a daily basis, it will be a very happy day.
Ahhh no. Most of us are the biggest GOG fanboys there is, we just want GOG to be the best it can be :)
May i suggest this off topic thread to discuss the release schedule
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/question_to_the_gog_staff_what_do_you_hide_under_your_beds_p
instead of this one ?
Crosmando: That is pretty disappointing, imo GOG should really try hiring a lawyer who's sole job it is to track down the rights to old games and bring them to GOG, even if it means buying the rights to the game entirely and GOG publishing the game.
You don't want to hire a lawyer to do that. That would be a waste of money. We need gog to hire tfishell. I reckon they could pay that guy next to nothing to do the legwork for them...

JudasIscariot: Could you show me where we stated outright that classics are not a priority anymore? Implication doesn't count because folks often misinterpret what is implied, which is why >implying doesn't count :D
wow i really hope you can not show that or even a post in which a blue is implying it. If this isn't one of the priorities for gog anymore then to be honest buying at this site isn't a priority for me anymore. Still love the forum but if the single most important aspect of gog (for me at least, I am only speaking for myself here) then the store has lost all importance for me...(again speaking for myself here, DRM free and goodies were never all that important for me, since i do not mind steam (i do mind other forms of DRM mind you) )
JudasIscariot: Could you show me where we stated outright that classics are not a priority anymore? Implication doesn't count because folks often misinterpret what is implied, which is why >implying doesn't count :D
To quote TurnipSlayer

It's a lot to go through though so it would be amazing if you could have an overall list of publishers/people and the rights you think they hold and when I have some time I'll compare them to what we've worked out ourselves and look into what we can do. This would make my job a lot easier, looking into rights holders is only one of many things I do at GOG and so I simply don't have the time for all this so the legwork you guys do helps a lot. I really appreciate it.

And asking for a list from you customers is not only embarrassing. (seriously, even if that is beneath a GOG staffer, don't you have interns?). but it gives me the impression (same as your new "indie site") that GOG nowadays just waits until somebody kindly asks you to sell their game for them.

Point is, you need our money more than we need you. Act like it.
SimonG: To quote TurnipSlayer

It's a lot to go through though so it would be amazing if you could have an overall list of publishers/people and the rights you think they hold and when I have some time I'll compare them to what we've worked out ourselves and look into what we can do. This would make my job a lot easier, looking into rights holders is only one of many things I do at GOG and so I simply don't have the time for all this so the legwork you guys do helps a lot. I really appreciate it.

And asking for a list from you customers is not only embarrassing. (seriously, even if that is beneath a GOG staffer, don't you have interns?). but it gives me the impression (same as your new "indie site") that GOG nowadays just waits until somebody kindly asks you to sell their game for them.

Point is, you need our money more than we need you. Act like it.
Luckily that doesn't really imply that it isn't a priority or a very important part of the job. Thank god ;)
htown1980: You don't want to hire a lawyer to do that. That would be a waste of money. We need gog to hire tfishell. I reckon they could pay that guy next to nothing to do the legwork for them...
You just need an intern, you don't even have to pay him. But that GOG is even unwilling (or incapable) to do that shows what priority "old games" have for them.

I guess as long as they can milk that EA pile, they don't see the necessity to track down other right holders.