It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finely ground aliens to take-out.

Shadowgrounds Survivor, a dynamic top-down shooter with swarms of alien horrors to spray with bullets, suggestive visuals, spiffy weapon upgrade system, and four player co-op mode, is now available on GOG.com for only $5.99. With that, its predecessor: Shadowgrounds, receives a Mac version and a permanent price drop to $5.99 as well.

In this indirect continuation of Frozenbyte's exciting alien shooter you'll follow a parallel story of the human commando facing the invasion on the Ganymede colony. The horror creeping in the dark corners of the Universe finally caught up with Terran colonists and the massacre that followed was only survived by a handful of the best trained, bravest, and quickest soldiers. Now it is up to them to put a stop to the extraterrestrial menace that threatens our existence.

Shadowgrounds Survivor delivers non-stop alien-shooting action over the course of 20 diverse missions, and it does so in perfect form. The old-school gameplay concept is paired with very modern visuals. You'll feel the heat of the combat and alien blood splatters as your guns rattle and spit a rain of bullets on your monstrous foes. Are you crazy enough to face the endless waves of beast in the timed survival mode? You can even share the fun with up to three more friends, in the fun and challenging co-op mode. Fun times! Dark and dangerous, but fun.

Humanity needs you again, so grab your upgradeable guns, and seriously kick some alien behind in Shadowgrounds Survivor, for only $5.99.
*finishes the popcorn and starts on a choctop and coke.sip sip*
timppu: After all, it is a drying well, no one is making more classic MS-DOS games for GOG to release.
This is rubbish, there are HUNDREDS of worthy classic games on the GOG wishlist with thousands of votes, games that were made before 1999. I don't think you understand that if GOG only releases 1 classic a week (or 1 classic a month like recently, lol) then they will never EVER finish their classic backlog, not at least until we're all pushing up daisies.

As for specific titles, well they should start with the remainder of the games from publishers already on GOG, Wizardry 1-5, EA' remaining Westwood, Origin Systems and Bullfrog games, Atari's remaining Microprose backlog, Ubisoft's remaining SSI and BlueByte games.

ALSO WHY AREN'T THE SSI-PUBLISHED ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS GAMES ON GOG!!!

I agree that there's some old DOS games which no-one will buy for 6$, but when the Gold Box, Command & Conquer, etc, aren't on GOG, which are big titles, then something is very wrong.

It's not like the well is "dry" here, there's a positively huge amount of great classic games that deserve a place here.
I definitely think the pre-Baldur's Gate D&D games should be a priority for good, if you look at the best seller's list all the D&D games are up near the top
Post edited August 20, 2013 by Crosmando
JudasIscariot: We never said that we'd stop working towards getting, or on, old classics.
Really ? Can you show me the release schedule ?
keeveek: ...WHEN YOU PUBLICALY PROMISE YOU ARE GOING TO EXPAND, GROW AND STILL BE DEVOTED TO CLASSICS AND THEN RELEASING 2D INDIE PLATFORMERS AND SHOVELWARE IS NOT WHAT THEY PROMISED AND I FEEL DISAPPOINTED AS FUCK. ...
Just stop listening to marketing crap. What companies or people say and what they do has been and will always be something different. Otherwise we all would already live in paradise. And GOG is not exception.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm on your side, but a bit more "GOG isn't better than anyone else"-attitude will prevent severe disappointments here.
Post edited August 20, 2013 by Trilarion
So this is why you changed your name from "GOOD" old games to just Gog ;)

Just kidding...just had too...

Dont hurt me.....
Redfoxe: So this is why you changed your name from "GOOD" old games to just Gog ;)

Dont hurt me.....
Actually it is. I think it was when they started selling indie games that they said GOG now means, well GOG and nothing else.

Edit: It wouldn't make much sense if it meant Good Old Games when they also was releasing new games so I'm fine with the name change.
Post edited August 20, 2013 by Tarm
JudasIscariot: We never said that we'd stop working towards getting, or on, old classics.
ne_zavarj: Really ? Can you show me the release schedule ?
I can't, sorry. :(
Redfoxe: So this is why you changed your name from "GOOD" old games to just Gog ;)

Dont hurt me.....
Tarm: Actually it is. I think it was when they started selling indie games that they said GOG now means, well GOG and nothing else.

Edit: It wouldn't make much sense if it meant Good Old Games when they also was releasing new games so I'm fine with the name change.
Yeah i know :)
Would just seem wierd.

Oh well. Nothing for me today. Hope for something fun on thursday :)
Plenty of classics and new good games left :)
I think I know why I did not like the Shadowgrounds games.

There is little ammo, and constant respawn, making the gameplay - for the love of god, run!. Instead of a nice slow progression clearing out areas.
The demo won't run. Can't say this is turning into a must have for tinyE. :P
low rated
JudasIscariot: I can't, sorry. :(
Then i lost my trust in GOG . :(

I don't understand why do you guys think your release schedule is a top secret document .
Post edited August 20, 2013 by ne_zavarj
high rated
I think GOG should stop releasing games I already have or don't want .
amok: I think I know why I did not like the Shadowgrounds games.

There is little ammo, and constant respawn, making the gameplay - for the love of god, run!. Instead of a nice slow progression clearing out areas.
I kinda liked the limited ammo thing: i made me use the right gun for the right enemy but i understand why people would dislike that.

Are you sure about the respawning enemies? Is it frequent because if there is one thing i hate in games it's respawning enemies and i can't remember it here. I actually like the games very much.
JudasIscariot: I can't, sorry. :(
ne_zavarj: Then i lost my trust in GOG . :(

I don't understand why do you guys think your release schedule is a top secret document .
Hmm i kinda like it to be a surprise but for indies or newer games they might as well since i don't really care about them so it would be nicer to know when those are coming ;) But to be fair i did enjoy some of them but they were a small minority.
Post edited August 20, 2013 by xxxIndyxxx
Licurg: I think GOG should stop releasing games I already have or don't want .
Agreed
undeadcow: Maybe I'm just new around here but all the negativity is confusing; this looks like a fair release at a reasonable price.
It is.

The problem is there are some spoiled brats on GOG who want everything THEIR way and when a game releases that THEY don't want --- wwaaaaaaaaahhhhh --- and loudly. And it's every goddamn week. Frankly, the vast majority of us are sick of it.

Honestly, I can tell who the really really sad people are who have no lives as, obviously, GOG releasing a game they don't want is a tragedy.

For the rest of us? No biggie. There'll be something else later on in the week or next week and, if not, we have 100 games in our backlog to play so no big deal :)

BUT GOG FOR THE LOVE OF GOD --- can we PLEASE get a 'block user' function. There are some people on the forums that if I never have to read the whining bullshit they type on a daily basis, it will be a very happy day.