It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Survival of the sweetest.

Long Live the Queen, a complex political thriller full of violence, hate, and tough choices, masked by deceptively cute visuals, is available on GOG.com for only $9.99.

[url=http://www.gog.com/game/long_live_the_queen][/url]Long Live the Queen is a brutal game. Your heroine will try to escape the many dangers awaiting a young heiress to the throne, and will often fail, ending up dead, leaving the kingdom at mercy of it's many enemies. Luckily, you'll be able to back up on your mistakes, probably just to witness another death of the princess. When you're but a child, suddenly burdened by the crushing weight of responsibility, every little decision you make might prove to be your last. This complex and challenging royalty sim will crush your hopes many times, before you manage to protect the princess until the day of her coronation. There are secret plots at play, invaders at the gates, dark magical forces hiding in plain sight, assassins lurking in the shadows, and way too many suitors trying to get their hands on the young heiress' heritage. With non-linear gameplay, and great depth this cute-looking title will take even the most experienced gamer by surprise!

If you thought that the life of a princess is full of bliss, ballroom dancing, cotton candy, and ponies, it's about time you faced the terrifying truth in Long Live the Queen, for only $9.99 on GOG.com.
Well , Some time I ashamed being a human race..

Virtual violence games : ok.
Virtual boobs games : blasphemy - ban the game.

Alot of hypocrite who judge this game now.
Elmofongo: I really want more Monster Hunter here :(
xa_chan: Tried the last one on my 3DS, absolutely not my kind of game. But to each its own, I guess.

I'd love to see more japanese visual novels here on GOG, but I think I'm almost the only one in that case... -_-
Don't consider yourself alone. I too like visual novels, and very much hope that we someday see Ace Attorney and Stein's Gate making their way to GOG.
this game peeks my interest sounds like a good deal of fun.
I can't believe people are criticizing the game because you get to play as a 14 year old princess and there's a screenshot with the word "breasts" in it. Everyone in here is an adult (or so I think) and if you're shocked by this type of game, I can only say you're the definition of a boring person.
Elmofongo: I really want more Monster Hunter here :(
xa_chan: Tried the last one on my 3DS, absolutely not my kind of game. But to each its own, I guess.

I'd love to see more japanese visual novels here on GOG, but I think I'm almost the only one in that case... -_-
I am more opened minded but the art style really alienates me; however, its not because, "Aw its a fourteenish girl being sexually objectified, thats pedophilia!"

My problem with the art style is that I have seen this art style so many times, why is it that most anime borrows the same art style. The only anime's whose art style is more original, thus giving them thier own Identity is Aku no Hana, Akira Toriyama's work, One Piece, Pokemon, Monster, and Cowboy Bebop. I am almost getting tired of the "Shoujo?" art style and others similar to it. And I am even more tired of the tropes in anime like that sweat gland behind people's heads when they see something stupid, or again when someone does or say something stupid everyone else around him collapse on the floor.

Basically I am getting tired of the lack of originality in anime and manga.
Post edited October 15, 2013 by Elmofongo
Looks like an interesting game

I'm all for more Japanese titles here on GOG

As a matter of fact, I'm all for games from developers worldwide here, GOG is a worldwide site that anyone can access and use, as long as the games are good, I welcome all developers no matter where they are from
Psyringe: That's actually a very interesting idea! :) *makes a mental note* Thanks! :)
KneeTheCap: Now I'm waiting for a sequel to "The Dance" with crotch-tube aliens.
Hard to come up with a sequel to that one, since it's practically its own sequel already. ;)

No, I was thinking about a mini-story about a 4-foot tall friendly alien crashing on Earth and almost drowning in the ocean. A female doctor saves it, understands enough of the unknown anatomy to determine that a tube between its legs must be its breath organ, and administers life-saving oxygen by breathing into it. Then a self-appointed sheriff appears on the beach, shoots her from the distance for being a "child molester", and the alien dies.

Kinda raw, might grow into something readable eventually. ;)
YEAH!

I'm fan of HanakoGames. Their games are very very fun. (^_^)

I hope more VisualNovels in GOG. THANKS!
Post edited October 15, 2013 by zchronos
Well....This was.....REALLY unexpected
joppo: Just noticed this game was released by Hanako Games which also made Cherry Tree High Comedy Club. When it appeared on a bundle I could never get a key on the ninja thread because it was always the first game to go, so... maybe HG did some things right and deserve some credit?

BTW, for the people who don't know if they would like it: Get the demo on the developer's page: http://www.hanakogames.com/llq.shtml
By the way, Hanako Games did not develop Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, they are just an online retailer for the game. A doujin circle (kind of like an Indie dev team) 773 (“Nanami)” developed the game and was published/translated into English by Nyu Media.
Insta-bought along with Democracy 3 and lol'ed at the pseudo-shitstorm going on in this thread :o)

Anyway, as someone as already mentioned, please vote for Recettear on the game wishlist, this is the best mix between zelda-like action and sim shop management (already bought on gamersgate but I'm ready to pay a second time here to encourage the developer and gog):
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/recettear_an_item_shops_tale
Elbart: Tentacle rape on GOG?
Randalator: Not yet, but don't give up hope. Your wish might come true eventually...
As long as you wishlist it on the GOG wishlist, anything is possible :D
catpower1980: Insta-bought along with Democracy 3 and lol'ed at the pseudo-shitstorm going on in this thread :o)

Anyway, as someone as already mentioned, please vote for Recettear on the game wishlist, this is the best mix between zelda-like action and sim shop management (already bought on gamersgate but I'm ready to pay a second time here to encourage the developer and gog):
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/recettear_an_item_shops_tale
"Capitalism Ho" Voted :)
Nice, this is the one where you die if you unwittingly screw up right?
Nice to see GOG adding different styles.
ShadowWulfe: Nice, this is the one where you die if you unwittingly screw up right?
Nice to see GOG adding different styles.
I thought ALL games share that feature? :D