It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I will rectify that immediately

Vote NotFrenchYet
bazilisek: but being unable to vote is still not a licence to lurk
Alrighty then, I will try to be more active
I was voting for Xzyem before but he's been gone for a month... I'm not completely convinced by the 'NFY is scum' argument. Can you summarise it for me baz?

Robbeasy: *sits in corner and sulks cos no-one takes him seriously any more*
Oh, Rob, when have I ever taken you seriously?
SirPrimalform: I was voting for Xzyem before but he's been gone for a month... I'm not completely convinced by the 'NFY is scum' argument. Can you summarise it for me baz?
Sure.

1. Consistently "weird" behaviour. First pointed out by Vitek way, way back in #150, and it still remains in full force. She's aggressive in a way that feels distinctly unFrenchielike to me.

2. The clash with stoic -- the more I read it, the more I tend to back stoic's side. It really reads as if she's setting him up with her questions, picking the right ones to prepare for an attack in the next post. Again, the level of aggression is very odd.

3. The issue discussed in this post, the explanation of which I'm not satisfied with at all. And the explanation I would be satisfied with came much later than I'd expect if the excuse was genuine.
bazilisek: Sure.

1. Consistently "weird" behaviour. First pointed out by Vitek way, way back in #150, and it still remains in full force. She's aggressive in a way that feels distinctly unFrenchielike to me.

2. The clash with stoic -- the more I read it, the more I tend to back stoic's side. It really reads as if she's setting him up with her questions, picking the right ones to prepare for an attack in the next post. Again, the level of aggression is very odd.

3. The issue discussed in this post, the explanation of which I'm not satisfied with at all. And the explanation I would be satisfied with came much later than I'd expect if the excuse was genuine.
Hmm... I think 1. is a pretty valid point. I'm not so sure about 2. just because I haven't really managed to take a side there at all. I actually disagree on 3, I would say that nmillar's death was similar to the night 0 kill whereas Vitek's was noticeably different. Vitek was trampled right?
SirPrimalform: Hmm... I think 1. is a pretty valid point. I'm not so sure about 2. just because I haven't really managed to take a side there at all. I actually disagree on 3, I would say that nmillar's death was similar to the night 0 kill whereas Vitek's was noticeably different. Vitek was trampled right?
I honestly don't find that very convincing. A bassist (nmillar) was killed with a "guitar-shaped object", a vocalist (Vitek) was trampled. (And day 0, a drummer was murdered with a drumstick.) If the idea is to kill people with their instruments, trampling is one of the very few logical things you could do to a vocalist; it's not like you can strangle someone with their vocal cords.
bazilisek: I honestly don't find that very convincing. A bassist (nmillar) was killed with a "guitar-shaped object", a vocalist (Vitek) was trampled. (And day 0, a drummer was murdered with a drumstick.) If the idea is to kill people with their instruments, trampling is one of the very few logical things you could do to a vocalist; it's not like you can strangle someone with their vocal cords.
I don't see how trampling relates in any way to him being a vocalist any more than being shot, I'm not sure why it's "one of the few logical things you could do".
If I was mod and was trying to make it fit the pattern, I would have had Vitek killed by having a mic forced down his throat or something. It's possible that we're reading into this way too much, but if there is a pattern, Vitek doesn't fit it.
SirPrimalform: I don't see how trampling relates in any way to him being a vocalist any more than being shot, I'm not sure why it's "one of the few logical things you could do".
As I was typing that, I specifically remembered Freddie Mercury's performance at the Live Aid. If you've seen that, you'll know what I'm talking about (and if you haven't, do watch it, it's amazing).

But yeah, as I said before, I'm prepared to eat my words later. It's just that we're trying to find a pattern in three samples of which one presumably doesn't fit. That's way too little data to form any kind of conclusion.
bazilisek: As I was typing that, I specifically remembered Freddie Mercury's performance at the Live Aid. If you've seen that, you'll know what I'm talking about (and if you haven't, do watch it, it's amazing).
I don't quite understand... are you referring to the size of the audience or what? I confess that I skimmed through the video because I'm not a huge fun of Queen, did I miss something?
SirPrimalform: I don't quite understand... are you referring to the size of the audience or what? I confess that I skimmed through the video because I'm not a huge fun of Queen, did I miss something?
Work with crowds.
SirPrimalform: I don't quite understand... are you referring to the size of the audience or what? I confess that I skimmed through the video because I'm not a huge fun of Queen, did I miss something?
bazilisek: Work with crowds.
I think that's pushing it a bit... but I can see what you mean. It's perfectly plausible that that's what Damnation was going for.

Of course, that would mean that the mafia is someone who can control the audience in some way.

Or is the audience. o.o

Vote audience. Just to be on the safe side.

Back to the original subject, I can see why you see NFY being so sure as suspicious but I can also see why she would have been so sure. Vitek's death does seem different to me, and it is kind of a stretch to link it to him being a vocalist.
Robbeasy: The usual things don't appear to work in this game - i come back from the dead, announce out the blue your Mafia are NFY and Stoic - and hardly one comment. No-one asks why, no-one defends themselves, no-one even blinks hardly.
Well, no, I didn't take it seriously because how likely is it that we'd BOTH be scum after an argument of that magnitude? Plus last time I looked you were gunning for Jefe. Why the change of heart? And why me more than Stoic?

@Bazilisek: what do you think of Stoic's spontaneous claim?
NotFrenchYet: @Bazilisek: what do you think of Stoic's spontaneous claim?
I don't like it, but I usually give a pass to the first rookie mistake of the game. And this really reads like one.
Fair enough I guess. But I'd remind you of what Twilight pointed out a while ago, that in game 10 they almost lynched a mafia D1 but let him off because he was new...

bazilisek: 1. Consistently "weird" behaviour. First pointed out by Vitek way, way back in #150, and it still remains in full force. She's aggressive in a way that feels distinctly unFrenchielike to me.

Some points in my defence:
1. You're measuring my behaviour against a sample of two (well, 1.75) games,which are the only 1.75 games I've ever played...! Admittedly they were long games, but still. Additionally I'm puzzled as to why active agressiveness means I must be scum. You really think if I was first-time mafia I'd be drawing attention to myself and going all out like this?

2. I admit the Damuna thing reads like I was setting him up. I apologise for that. (I genuinely wasn't trying to (standard NFY-logic is insane)). I included this in the summary for clarity's sake, but it shouldn't be considered part of my current arguments.

Was there anything else that reads like I was setting him up that I can address?

3. At the time I stated I was making an assumption for the sake of having something to work with rather than all the possibilities floating around. I took time responding right away because I wanted to double check my own logic (see 2...)
NotFrenchYet: Fair enough I guess. But I'd remind you of what Twilight pointed out a while ago, that in game 10 they almost lynched a mafia D1 but let him off because he was new...
True. But it's a risk I'm willing to take.
bazilisek: Some points in my defence:
1. You're measuring my behaviour against a sample of two (well, 1.75) games,which are the only 1.75 games I've ever played...! Admittedly they were long games, but still. Additionally I'm puzzled as to why active agressiveness means I must be scum. You really think if I was first-time mafia I'd be drawing attention to myself and going all out like this?
But in those two samples, you were consistent. And kind of distinctive, really. Not here. And do not bring out the Damnation Defence, please. That will hardly sway anyone.
bazilisek: 2. I admit the Damuna thing reads like I was setting him up. I apologise for that. (I genuinely wasn't trying to (standard NFY-logic is insane)). I included this in the summary for clarity's sake, but it shouldn't be considered part of my current arguments.
I'll reread the thing and get back to you on this.
bazilisek: 3. At the time I stated I was making an assumption for the sake of having something to work with rather than all the possibilities floating around. I took time responding right away because I wanted to double check my own logic (see 2...)
Yeah, ultimately this point is my statement against yours. I know I'm backing my point of view, but I wouldn't be surprised if not everyone did.