It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

moonshineshadow: So tired... anyone having a good suggestion for a game to play as soon as I arrive at home?
You could go for a turn based game that can be played on a window so you can keep an eye here on the forum. :-)
Sometimes I do this with Master of Magic.
Post edited December 08, 2014 by LeoLR
IAmSinistar: Hey there, is your GOG wishlist up to date?
penumbren: :) It is, but I'm involved in the Secret Santa. There are games I keep looking at that aren't on that wishlist, but not many.
Ach, and you linked your whole wishlist, too. Dang. Tell you what, I'll make you a deal - let me you if your Secret Santa gets you MIND: Path to Thalamus, and if they don't, you can have one of my gift copies.
innocuous77: I'm outta here for a bit - need to be nice to a room full of scared 18 year olds:) Be good to each other...
See you later ;-)
innocuous77: I'm outta here for a bit - need to be nice to a room full of scared 18 year olds:) Be good to each other...
You can always give them a break by pulling the fire alarm. If I recall high school exam days, it's only a matter of time before someone does anyway. :)
IAmSinistar: I'd add Eldritch, but it's still not on GOG.
Okay I may have asked this before (maybe even of you) but what's Eldritch? Sounds interesting, Lovecraftian even. Mind giving a quick rundown so I can be equally disappointed it isn't on GoG, yet hopeful for the future?
IAmSinistar: You can always give them a break by pulling the fire alarm. If I recall high school exam days, it's only a matter of time before someone does anyway. :)
My memories of exam anecdotes always go back to the urban legend of two students using morse code by tapping their pencils on their desks to check each other's answers. And the invigilator, realizing what was going on, tapping his own pen to tell them, also in morse code, that they were expelled from the exam.
Post edited December 08, 2014 by j0ekerr
I have all the Might and Magic-games except MM9 and COMM, are they really as bad as the reviews say?
IAmSinistar: I'd add Eldritch, but it's still not on GOG.
Ixamyakxim: Okay I may have asked this before (maybe even of you) but what's Eldritch? Sounds interesting, Lovecraftian even. Mind giving a quick rundown so I can be equally disappointed it isn't on GoG, yet hopeful for the future?
Here's the game's site. It's quite an addictive FPS roguelike, with some really clever game mechanics. Don't let the graphics fool you, the underlying game is very difficult and very rewarding. I would love for the game to show up here, ideally with the Mountains Of Madness extension included.

I bought it on HB when it was on sale. A very good bargain, that.
IAmSinistar: I would love for the game to show up here, ideally with the Mountains Of Madness extension included.
Ooooh even includes an existing extension for one of my favorites!
moonshineshadow: So tired... anyone having a good suggestion for a game to play as soon as I arrive at home?
IAmSinistar: Reprisal Universe.
Do you have any specifics for this? I admit, I looked in on a video and didn't find it overly enthralling (it seemed like a case of get more mana than the computer opponent, then bash them away).

Also, Halfway seeing as I think you mentioned you bought it :P
DROD. Everybody should play DROD. Plus it always helps me when I get tired during my nightshifts. So it might be the right game for you at the moment.
PaterAlf: DROD. Everybody should play DROD. Plus it always helps me when I get tired during my nightshifts. So it might be the right game for you at the moment.
That sounds really interesting. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :-)
IAmSinistar: Ach, and you linked your whole wishlist, too. Dang. Tell you what, I'll make you a deal - let me you if your Secret Santa gets you MIND: Path to Thalamus, and if they don't, you can have one of my gift copies.
I bet this whole Secret Santa event is a bitter-sweet thing for the generous folks like you and trentonlf. It must be so hard for you two to not be able to ninja gift people. :-)
IAmSinistar: I would love for the game to show up here, ideally with the Mountains Of Madness extension included.
Ixamyakxim: Ooooh even includes an existing extension for one of my favorites!
Yes indeed! At the Mountains of Madness is one of my most favourite HPL works, and the DLC is brutal fun. Old Ones, Shoggoths, giant blind penguins, and perhaps worst of all, falling icicles that you have to constantly be vigilant for.

It's possible to avoid some of the permadeath in the game by carrying the right artifacts, but even then you are forced into a dilemma, because there are certain items you need to carry to unlock the true ending, and you can't do both. I've completed the game but not with the true artifacts, so I'm going through again trying that path now.

The MoM DLC has a different success path - once you achieve the goal, you have to make your way back out again. And you must do so while being pursued by a relentless black cloud of evil. It was nerve-wracking as hell to finish that one.
Random_Coffee: I have all the Might and Magic-games except MM9 and COMM, are they really as bad as the reviews say?
No idea, but a friend of mine who's a die-hard fan of the series says that both 9 and X are not worth the plastic of the CD they don't come in anymore.