It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

@justanoldgamer: Did I miss some context? What do you expect it to do? :D

But you are right. Before, when I posted my question, I was surprised about the tempo and amount of responses. And suddenly..., well I guess their will be more than enough complaining as soon as people realize which titles they missed ;-)
justanoldgamer: It's gotten very quiet all of a sudden. I might try to install one of those "game" to see what it does.
RWarehall: Sure you want to do that? It might distract you from the forum discussion...
You're right, what was I thinking?
Are always the same games in the flash sales?
justanoldgamer: I might try to install one of those "game" to see what it does.
Do you know that those things produce images and sounds?
And that you can also interact with them with strange peripherals?
Wow, you should really try it! XD
justanoldgamer: I might try to install one of those "game" to see what it does.
phaolo: Do you know that those things produce images and sounds?
The images do look pretty on my shelf but how do I get sound?
Is only me or we have less games on sale than yesterday?
Stooner: Is only me or we have less games on sale than yesterday?
No, it's not you. They dropped it to a dozen when the Daily Deal started today. 10 are for sale and 2 are coming soon, that seems to be the new pattern.
IAmSinistar: No, it's not you. They dropped it to a dozen when the Daily Deal started today. 10 are for sale and 2 are coming soon, that seems to be the new pattern.
I prefer the old version to be honest.
IAmSinistar: No, it's not you. They dropped it to a dozen when the Daily Deal started today. 10 are for sale and 2 are coming soon, that seems to be the new pattern.
ah! Thanks... thought something was wrong on my side again.
So, tomorrow 1 bundle and 2 flash sales, right? :)
Hi--long-time GOG-buyer, first-time poster. Just trying to get a feel from other GOG-users how likely we are to see a repeat of Jade Empire at the $2.99 price from the beginning of the sale, now that we've gotten quite a few repeats already. Naturally I was asleep when the sale first began, and didn't hear about it until about three hours in, since which time I've been following every new flash update. I didn't even get an e-mail about the sale until about six and a half hours in.
jackster79: I would have expected something like that from TinyE but not JMich. Guess I need to do as he says and stick around the ass a bit more to learn more about him... XD
Perhaps JMich hangs out too much with TinyE? ;-P
phaolo: Do you know that those things produce images and sounds?
ChrisSD: The images do look pretty on my shelf but how do I get sound?
With a complicated ritual that less and less people seem to remember.
Maybe the GOG shamans will find a solution for this lost knowledge by observing omens in the Galaxy.
high rated
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 6
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flash Deals #51

Expeditions: Conquistador $3.99 ($19.99) [80% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 19:00:00 UTC)
POSTAL 2 Complete $1.49 ($9.99) [85% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 19:00:00 UTC)

Flash Deals #52

Zafehouse: Diaries $1.49 ($9.99) [85% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 19:36:00 UTC)
Dracula Trilogy $1.99 ($9.99) [80% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 19:36:00 UTC)

Flash Deals #53

Puddle $1.19 ($7.99) [85% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 20:12:00 UTC)
Omikron: The Nomad Soul $2.49 ($9.99) [75% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 20:12:00 UTC)

Flash Deals #54

Humans Must Answer $2.49 ($9.99) [75% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 20:48:00 UTC)
7th Guest, The $1.49 ($5.99) [75% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 20:48:00 UTC)

Flash Deals #55

Overlord + Raising Hell $2.49 ($9.99) [75% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 21:24:00 UTC)
Stronghold Crusader HD $3.33 ($9.99) [66% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 21:24:00 UTC)

Flash Deals #56

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition [Premium] $3.24 ($12.99) [75% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 22:00:00 UTC)
Worms United $1.49 ($5.99) [75% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 22:00:00 UTC)

Flash Deals #57

Ether One Deluxe Edition [Premium] $7.49 ($29.99) [75% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 22:36:00 UTC)
Stick it to the Man! $3.74 ($14.99) [75% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 22:36:00 UTC)

Flash Deals #58

Sanitarium $1.99 ($9.99) [80% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 23:12:00 UTC)
Sir, You Are Being Hunted $4.99 ($19.99) [75% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 23:12:00 UTC)

Flash Deals #59

UFO: Aftershock $1.49 ($5.99) [75% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 23:48:00 UTC)
Startopia $1.49 ($5.99) [75% OFF] (Ends Sat, 14 Jun 2014 23:48:00 UTC)

Flash Deals #60

Tales of Monkey Island $3.49 ($34.99) [90% OFF] (Ends Sun, 15 Jun 2014 00:24:00 UTC)
Battle Isle Platinum (includes Incubation) $2.49 ($9.99) [75% OFF] (Ends Sun, 15 Jun 2014 00:24:00 UTC)
Post edited June 14, 2014 by IAmSinistar
Having sat through and enjoyed, for the most part, several of these long haul GOGstravaganzas, I can't help thinking that it might be to everyone's benfit if GOG increased the pace of things slightly and kept the community less in the dark by giving us more information. Initially, my email notification came when the sale started, as did those for the two Insomnias. Unfortunately I don't spend my day with an eye on my email account, so I discovered this weekend's sale by chancing to visit the site, as I do on a fairly frequent basis, to find that a new sale was in full swing and that I had missed the first dozen or so games. Thanks to the list-keepers, who really do a marvellous job (providing information, you see...) I was able to check back and note that only one of my wants had passed through. Luckily, it came around again this afternoon and I was able to buy it. Good for me. But I find the information on the site during the sale equally and as unneccesarily unforthcoming as my email. To have two or one hour left on a game means it has anything between around two hours and half an hour respectively until it leaves the list, which I personally think is both too long and uninformative. If, for example, each three game row remained available for forty minutes (remember, this is just an example), spending ten minutes on each row (or fifteen, totalling an hour) as the list currently stands, there would be plenty of time for potential buyers to do the required research and the turnover of purchases/sales would be significantly and comfortably (due to the shorter waiting time) higher. The cycle could go around Insomnia style for three or four circuits and everyone would have a reasonably good chance of seeing everything available. Of course, no one is being forced to stay awake from beginning to end, but the object of the sale is to make GOG money by supplying us with the games that we want to play. And this, I feel, would be better accomplished by giving us more information to base our buying on (including being told when each circuit begins/ends), and by increaseing the speed at which the games circulate. This is clearly how I would like to see things run, being one of the bum-on-seat-to-the-bitter-end brigade and I freely admit it would not suit everyone. I doubt very much there is a single solution that would please us all. But I do feel that chance (lack of information) and saintly patience (due to unduly slow game rotation) play too great a role in these sales to make them all round enjoyable and beneficial. The demand appears to be there, in my opinion GOG just need to up the pace and fill in the blanks to allow both parties to make the most of it before people start to get too bored or, worst of all, lose interest completely.

This diatribe has not been put forth to provoke debate or to attack GOG, who are a fantastic group of passionate and helpful people, its simply my way of letting off a wheeze of steam because of once more experiencing the (in my opinion significantly avoidable) stasis I felt previously during the Insomnias.

Stilton out ;-)
Post edited June 14, 2014 by Stilton
ChrisSD: I prefer the old version to be honest.
Likewise. This pace is too slow for me to bother with now.